CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

Yes, the plan is to add the same options as in the case of MDC -- that is to generate jpeg/png, or to inject it into a .miz

Is it not possible to export it as an .xls file so it can still be edited by Google sheets or open source software?

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CombatFlite update 1.1.1.8 is out!   Changes: Added Radial Menu (right-click in map area) Added Nevada TPC raster map Added 'Minutes since WP1' and 'Minutes since Push

Episode 2 of CombatFlite Tutorial videos is up. It is the first video of a two-part tutorial covering basic mission planning functionality of CombatFlite.  

CombatFlite v1.1.1.6 (and a quick 1.1.1.7 hotfix) is up and running!   Changes include: Improved Mission Panel UI Added BDU-45 for DCS F/A-18C Added APKWS for DCS AV-8B Added ammo

Is it not possible to export it as an .xls file so it can still be edited by Google sheets or open source software?

Sadly no, it needs MS Excel to be installed in order to access the libraries that handle the Excel file structure. I can try to find a different solution for exporting the xls files though -- to cover users who do not have Office on their computers.

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite.com | Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel

Sadly no, it needs MS Excel to be installed in order to access the libraries that handle the Excel file structure. I can try to find a different solution for exporting the xls files though -- to cover users who do not have Office on their computers.

That makes sense, I think it would be greatly appreciated by those who don't have Excel and use other solutions.

Can we add a select all option for importing flights so for large missions you don't have to manually select every flight?

Done. Will be part of next update.

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite Tutorial series of short videos kicks off with Episode 1: Getting started. More videos describing essential features will soon follow.

• Like 1

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite Tutorial series of short videos kicks off with Episode 1: Getting started. More videos describing essential features will soon follow.

Great job on the video Viper!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

RTX 2070 SUPER - TCL 55" 4K

Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck 15/XL - TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip w/ Mag Base, and 3 Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals

Win 10 Pro - 1TB M.2 SSD - Delta Sim TDC

HANGAR:

A-10 AV-8 F-5/14/16/18/86 M-2K P-51 UH-1

FW-190 MiG-15/21 FC3 *Supercarrier* CombatFlite

Channel Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf Syria TACView WWII Assets

Check out Open Office ... it can read, edit and save Excel files without issue.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

RTX 2070 SUPER - TCL 55" 4K

Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck 15/XL - TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip w/ Mag Base, and 3 Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals

Win 10 Pro - 1TB M.2 SSD - Delta Sim TDC

HANGAR:

A-10 AV-8 F-5/14/16/18/86 M-2K P-51 UH-1

FW-190 MiG-15/21 FC3 *Supercarrier* CombatFlite

Channel Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf Syria TACView WWII Assets

Update 1.1.1.0 is out!

After a few hot-fixes, another update adding several requested features is available.

Main changes include:

- Custom CMDS lua file tool for DCS A-10C and A-10C II, as well as for DCS F-16CM Viper

- Better resolution of Syria TPC and ONC maps, together with a new Syria CF raster map

- Night red filter option for the kneeboard

Complete list of changes is here.

warthog_cmds.thumb.jpg.fa01c291b1a3be4406e8bb4ed6ec03f6.jpghornet_cmds.thumb.jpg.c0ab7f46492e14cb15f2693a7c25d514.jpgviper_cmds.thumb.jpg.c91548214a39d7292ff69b8835b64d91.jpgsyria_cf.jpg.2b1278baaf7f8ce58892cb07847ec970.jpgnight_filter.jpg.53f769ae2fd582e141a3601afeab7001.jpg

Edited by Viper39
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome! Thanks for all the added features which were requested just a couple days ago. Great job. 

[Edit]

Couple findings in the newest version / Feature requests

*Issue* The new Zoom in reference to the mouse pointer is great. But this seems to only work properly when the CF window is maximised. Very sporadic zooming when the window is NOT maximised.

*Issue* In the Mission Window / Layer Tab: When there are a lot of objects and Layers are listed in a Layer, selecting an object in Layer 2+ will scroll up to the top again. IMHO this window should not be scrolled at all when selecting an object. Should remain static.

*Feature* When you import a mission with a lot of SAMs, you get tons of red filled circle which overlaps each other -> You cannot see the map anymore. Would it be possible to have a tickmark in the Mission/Layer Section to remove the filling? Or at least allowing multiple selections and removing the Filling at once. With the auto-scrolling issue above, removing those fillings is very tedious.

*Feature* Our main planner/mission creator of our Wing would really like a more granular MIZ Import. He would really like to be able to import only specific units. Maybe separte ground units from objects and separate the ground units types (AirDefense, Artillery, fortifications)

You are making great advances. Awesome seeing this progress :).

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | MSI RTX 3080 | TM Warthog & Hornet | VPC T-50 Base | TM TPR| Rift S & Reverb G2 |

PointCtrl | VRK

42VFG looking for pilots [EU]

I've just updated my CF to the latest version and noticed the new pricing. I can only echo the remarks of those prior - the price is unreasonably high. For a program which I use maybe once or twice a month to make high quality missions I cannot justify paying $50 (or $40 reduced). I believe most others use the program with similar frequency. Unless I win the lottery I will not be buying this product.

A far more reasonable price would be in the region of $20 to $30. I would much more inclined to purchase it even if just to support the creator. I should think others would feel the same way.

[spoiler=PC SPECS]

Intel i5-8600k @3.60GHz

EVGA GTX 1070Ti

Windows 10

16GB RAM 3200 MHz

500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

2TB Seagate SSHD

Some cool LED fans that light up

When creating a kneeboard, it seems that altering the co-ordinate system only alters the bullseye location. The waypoint co-ordinates stay as Lat/Lon. I'm sure the previous update altered these - it's the behaviour I would expect?

2 hours ago, Meyomyx said:

When creating a kneeboard, it seems that altering the co-ordinate system only alters the bullseye location. The waypoint co-ordinates stay as Lat/Lon. I'm sure the previous update altered these - it's the behaviour I would expect?

Yes, that's correct. The coordinates format of the WPs in the mission data card was changed to a short LatLon (DD:MM) -- the full LatLon or the MGRS were too long, making it unreadable in VR. The other coordinates (B/E posit, DMPIs etc.) were unchanged -- they reflect the chosen coordinate system.

I'm thinking of adding a Nav Log page to the kneeboard with more detailed WP information, including the full coordinates.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, Gruman said:

Awesome! Thanks for all the added features which were requested just a couple days ago. Great job. 

[Edit]

Couple findings in the newest version / Feature requests

*Issue* The new Zoom in reference to the mouse pointer is great. But this seems to only work properly when the CF window is maximised. Very sporadic zooming when the window is NOT maximised.

*Issue* In the Mission Window / Layer Tab: When there are a lot of objects and Layers are listed in a Layer, selecting an object in Layer 2+ will scroll up to the top again. IMHO this window should not be scrolled at all when selecting an object. Should remain static.

*Feature* When you import a mission with a lot of SAMs, you get tons of red filled circle which overlaps each other -> You cannot see the map anymore. Would it be possible to have a tickmark in the Mission/Layer Section to remove the filling? Or at least allowing multiple selections and removing the Filling at once. With the auto-scrolling issue above, removing those fillings is very tedious.

*Feature* Our main planner/mission creator of our Wing would really like a more granular MIZ Import. He would really like to be able to import only specific units. Maybe separte ground units from objects and separate the ground units types (AirDefense, Artillery, fortifications)

You are making great advances. Awesome seeing this progress :).

Hi Gruman,

The zoom reference issue as well as the Layer tab scrolling is now fixed -- will come with the next update/hotfix. Regarding the more granular .miz import, that's being worked on -- probably part of the next update as well.

As for the imported SAM circles -- I think what you are looking for is already implemented. All the imported SAM rings are organized into a separate layer. You can hide/show them all by checking/unchecking the checkbox for the whole layer in the Mission Panel / Layer tab. The same goes for Engagement zones etc. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks ;)

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Viper.

Thanks for your response. Awesome. Looking forward to those fixes.

Not exactly. I still want to see them for planning. When multiple SAMs are overlapping each other, the map is not visible anymore.

So Id like to be able to change the filling of those range circles for a selection objects in an efficient way.

Or maybe simply remove the stacking opacity effect of the fillings?

Thanks

Intel I9 10900k | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | MSI RTX 3080 | TM Warthog & Hornet | VPC T-50 Base | TM TPR| Rift S & Reverb G2 |

PointCtrl | VRK

42VFG looking for pilots [EU]
18 hours ago, Gruman said:

Hi Viper.

Not exactly. I still want to see them for planning. When multiple SAMs are overlapping each other, the map is not visible anymore.

So Id like to be able to change the filling of those range circles for a selection objects in an efficient way.

Thanks

You can play with the filling and transparency of any SAM circles on the map. This is already implemnted since the begining.

Click on the center of the circle to open the propierties on the left side. There is a box to have if „filled“ or not and you also have a slider to define the opacity of the color of the circle.

I tried combining two missions and then exporting them into a single miz or the lua itself but the program errored. Very difficult to tell why it did this. I made a basic mission and the export was OK, so there is something specific that stops it working. Latest version as of date.
`

ERROR 07-Dec-2020 22:58:59.405   

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at wd1.formFP.<>c__DisplayClass620_0.<ExportDCS>b__1(String cntry)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at wd1.formFP.ExportDCS()
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonMouseSensor.Control_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

ERROR 07-Dec-2020 23:00:13.708   

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at wd1.formFP.<>c__DisplayClass620_0.<ExportDCS>b__1(String cntry)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at wd1.formFP.ExportDCS()
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RibbonMouseSensor.Control_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)`

test.cf

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I tried a different misison and i got different errors, I thougth I'd drop some of the contents in here. The export is broken but needs a bit of sleuthing to determine what.

`DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.188   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.215   Import from DCS: E-3A ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.239   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.259   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.273   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.312   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.388   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.466   Import from DCS: AV8BNA ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.528   Import from DCS: KC-135 ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.622   Import from DCS: TF-51D ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.685   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.689   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.703   Import from DCS: Yak-52 ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.717   Import from DCS: Chevy1 001Adana Sakirpasa Airport 1 frequency read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.721   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.725   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.763   Import from DCS: M-2000C ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.779   Import from DCS: Christen Eagle II ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.794   Import from DCS: M-2000C ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.810   Import from DCS: F-14B <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.814   Import from DCS: F-14B <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.817   Import from DCS: F-14B <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.821   Import from DCS: F-14B <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.835   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.839   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.843   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.847   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.851   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.855   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.859   Import from DCS: F-16C_50 <CLEAN> storename lookup fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.873   Import from DCS: KC135MPRS ammo_type read fail
DEBUG 07-Dec-2020 23:24:59.888   Import from DCS: C-101CC ammo_type read fail`

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi Pikey,

Could you please send the two miz files you were trying to combine to combatflite@combatflite.com? There is probably an issue with a specific country. I would like to check. Thanks!

• Like 1

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, Gruman said:

Hi Viper.

Thanks

I think a context menu button to make all circles of the given layer not filled is the best solution. Already implemented, also for polygons. Will come in the next update.

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

A couple hotfixes were released this week (latest build is 1.1.1.2). The most important things:

• Improved, more granular .miz import
  • Kneeboard - restored WP Note full coordinates options
  • Kneeboard - added WP Note short coordinates option
  • Kneeboard - added Nav Log page
  • Mission Panel - Layers tab - added 'Make all circles NOT filled' & 'Make all polygons NOT filled' context menu buttons
  • Rehearsal - added 'Show labels' options
  • Fixed a number of bugs (see posts above)

Thank you for all your inputs and reports. All issues are addressed as soon as possible and all suggestions are taken into consideration.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]