CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Jordan_111sqn, The maps themselves are MBTiles. Those are raster tile sets, their size (in bytes) being proportionate to their overall resolution (total amount of pixels, to be more precise).

Hi, This Saturday or Sunday the latest.

CombatFlite update 1.1.1.8 is out!   Changes: Added Radial Menu (right-click in map area) Added Nevada TPC raster map Added 'Minutes since WP1' and 'Minutes since Push

Nice tool, very eager to see the JF-17 integrated also :)

Keep up the great work!

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

Hello,

I've got a couple of questions that I couldn't find an answer to in the documentation:

1. How do you switch the NATO symbol shape from a square/rectangle to a diamond?

2. Is it possible to set up nav points for the F-14 that are not part of the steerpoints? There are a couple that can be set, but they shouldn't be connected with a flight path. Examples: Surface Target, IP, Hostile Area, Fixed Point and others.

3. I did not find it in the program anywhere, but could we get information about estimated fuel consumption during the flight? That would make planning a lot easier, but I understand it may be difficult to get the numbers and implement such a feature.

Thanks for all the good work. :)

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Dumb question...how do I set up the mission so I can fly the plane? Every mission I set up I am set as a spectator.

Pilot has to be 'PLAYER' or 'CLIENT'

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Is the F/A-18c ALE-47 CMS Tool of CombatFlite compatible with the F-16c?

Does an exported profile work without any issue?

Are there any performance improvements planned? Don't get me wrong, CombatFlite is a awesome tool, but it has a large hunger for system ressources. What's the main reason for this? The big map image?

Thanks

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | MSI RTX 3080 | TM Warthog & Hornet | VPC T-50 Base | TM TPR| Rift S & Reverb G2 |

PointCtrl | VRK
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a quick request. Is it possible to ad the Phoenix sectional map in the NTTR map please?

Laughling KIFP and Jean airport are down south there and it's a key feature to the theater I think!!

Here is the link for the sectional;-geo,TIFF:https://aeronav.faa.gov/content/aeronav/sectional_files/Phoenix_102.zip

-PDF:https://aeronav.faa.gov/content/aeronav/sectional_files/PDFs/Phoenix_102_P.pdf

-source:https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/vfr/

Thank you very much!

I have a quick request. Is it possible to ad the Phoenix sectional map in the NTTR map please?

Laughling KIFP and Jean airport are down south there and it's a key feature to the theater I think!!

Here is the link for the sectional;-geo,TIFF:https://aeronav.faa.gov/content/aeronav/sectional_files/Phoenix_102.zip

-PDF:https://aeronav.faa.gov/content/aeronav/sectional_files/PDFs/Phoenix_102_P.pdf

-source:https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/vfr/

Thank you very much!

you can use any kind of maps for combat flite, you need only to convert in web mbtiles format. it's simple.

i try to covert your map.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqXK3YO6-ZHG5UzOKJZ_SbZp5nOg?e=HaZyRS

Cheers

Edited by giaco1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the F/A-18c ALE-47 CMS Tool of CombatFlite compatible with the F-16c?

Does an exported profile work without any issue?

Are there any performance improvements planned? Don't get me wrong, CombatFlite is a awesome tool, but it has a large hunger for system ressources. What's the main reason for this? The big map image?

Thanks

the f16 file it's different, but you don't need CFfor make a custom EW library. If you open the lua filewith notepad++ you can change the sequence and salvo for Chaff and flare, it's very very easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the f16 file it's different, but you don't need CFfor make a custom EW library. If you open the lua filewith notepad++ you can change the sequence and salvo for Chaff and flare, it's very very easy.

Saw the differences in the meantime. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm familiar. But a GUI is always better. Especially if you can quickly load different profiles* for different missions. Until this feature (GUI) is finaly in DCS this would be a nice function. Would be nice if the Dev could make the changes to support the F-16 CMS. :smilewink:

(*Yes, I know that I could simply have different ALE47.lua files and rename them before launch. Just not the point for this topic ;))

Intel I9 10900k | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | MSI RTX 3080 | TM Warthog & Hornet | VPC T-50 Base | TM TPR| Rift S & Reverb G2 |

PointCtrl | VRK
  • 2 weeks later...

I need your swarm intelligence: I want to export my flightplan to excel.

@home it works fine (Win10Pro, Excel home), @work (Win10Education, Excel ProPlus) it says: Coundn't proceed. Excel probably not available. Both PCs have .net Framework 4.8.

Do you have any tipps for me?

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version of CF and also ran the updater. I can't get it to run, it doesn't make it past the beginning of the loading screen and immediiately crashes to the desktop. Does anyone have any tips or fixes?

Thanks

I'm having the exact same issue. I put in a support request via the website. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. No Joy.

CF ussualy works fine exept merging 2 miz and then exporting to 1 merged miz. DCS can't load the merged miz.

this is an old issue and still is not resolved.

if we have 2 commanders that are plannig their own flights and ground units on an existting

miz. template , and then i import them into CF one on top of other and then i export them to a new miz. file ,DCS can't open the file.

can it be fixed? it is a very useful tool for combinning several squadron commanders to plan a complex mission.

thanks in advance

Can you export mission to DCS at miz file, but at certain point in time?...For example I run rehearsal tool, and then after i got to 2/3 of mission duration, I save miz file but with all aircraft positions at the current point in time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Donated. Well done sir, I use falconview at work and frankly this is better software.

Any chance you could get this to output and fill to a CH-146 DTC?

LAWL...I’ve often thought the same thing. I remember when Falcon view came out And always thought when it matured it would be great. Alas it sounds like it never really matured.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 weeks later...
Donated. Well done sir, I use falconview at work and frankly this is better software.

Any chance you could get this to output and fill to a CH-146 DTC?

Thank you!

Actually yes, if I knew what the output file should look like :D

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite.com | Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel

Wrong Headings with influencing winds

Hey Guys!

First of all - Viper39 thanks for this superior tool. I love it!

I have problems with the calculated headings influenced of wind. Just a simple example with the NTTR Map and preloaded Sectional Chart:

When I'm planning a leg at 6600ft MSL, TAS 300kts and True Course (TC) of 270° (perpendicular of any Meridian) I'll get a TRK, or Mag Course (MC) of 258°. With zero Wind the MC equals the MagHDG (MH). So far so good.

Now, when I'm adding wind aloft at 6600ft MSL of 090°/20kts I'm getting a MH of 260° and a GS of 318kts. So the program assumes a Crosswind Component with wind purely from behind. Other way around with W/V 270°/20kts --> MH 257°, GS 282 kts.

When I set a pure Crosswind of W/V 360°/20kts I'll get:

TRK 258° (MC), HDG 255° (MH), GS 307 kts (7 knots delta although the Wind is purely from across). Also the HDG is smaller than the TRK ... thats not logical for me because the drift is driving me to the left and I have to head my nose against the wind to the right.

Even if I assume a True Wind forecast (not magnetic). The results are not correct:

TAS 300 kts

TC 270°

W/V 360/20°

WCA + 4°

= TH 274°

mag. Decl. 12°E

= MH 262° (4° more than the planned TRK / Mag. Course)

So I hope I could explain it clearly. Maybe you have some tricks to workaround this issue. But the kneeboard is navigationally not useful with wrong headings aloft. I know, this example only gives a WCA of 4° and somebody will say... come on, you can't fly accurate enough to get 4°s, but(!) stronger winds (e.g. 100kts or more) at higher Flight Levels are common sense.

We have a german proverb for it .... "there is a worm in it!" ;-D

Greetz and take care!

Edited by Flyingsix

ABSOLUTELY LOVE! THIS SOFTWARE! Thank you so much for making it, a donations is on its way!

The only 2 things that would make it even better are:

1) Ability to show ZULU time on the kneeboard (unless I have missed the button that can switch it from local to zulu?)

2) Fuel planning ability. I read in your previous post that this is very complex to do. I think even just using some basic coding could help with providing a very rudimentary, rule of thumb style, fuel planner that most of us would appreciate. If needed I can help with providing F16 fuel flows at various altitudes/loadouts/temperatures/speeds.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys!

I have problems with the calculated headings influenced of wind. Just a simple example with the NTTR Map and preloaded Sectional Chart:

When I'm planning a leg at 6600ft MSL, TAS 300kts and True Course (TC) of 270° (perpendicular of any Meridian) I'll get a TRK, or Mag Course (MC) of 258°. With zero Wind the MC equals the MagHDG (MH). So far so good.

Now, when I'm adding wind aloft at 6600ft MSL of 090°/20kts I'm getting a MH of 260° and a GS of 318kts. So the program assumes a Crosswind Component with wind purely from behind. Other way around with W/V 270°/20kts --> MH 257°, GS 282 kts.

TRK 258° (MC), HDG 255° (MH), GS 307 kts (7 knots delta although the Wind is purely from across). Also the HDG is smaller than the TRK ... thats not logical for me because the drift is driving me to the left and I have to head my nose against the wind to the right.

Even if I assume a True Wind forecast (not magnetic). The results are not correct:

TAS 300 kts

TC 270°

W/V 360/20°

WCA + 4°

= TH 274°

mag. Decl. 12°E

So I hope I could explain it clearly. Maybe you have some tricks to workaround this issue. But the kneeboard is navigationally not useful with wrong headings aloft. I know, this example only gives a WCA of 4° and somebody will say... come on, you can't fly accurate enough to get 4°s, but(!) stronger winds (e.g. 100kts or more) at higher Flight Levels are common sense.

Greetz and take care!

PUSH

Hey Guys!

TAS 300 kts

TC 270°

W/V 360/20°

WCA + 4°

= TH 274°

mag. Decl. 12°E

Greetz and take care!

Hi Flyingsix!

Thanks for the report. It looks like there is a bug in the WCA calculation, probably negative value somewhere where it should be positive and vice versa. I'll look into it and put out a hotfix...

Cheers,

Viper

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite.com | Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel

Hi guys,

I had a problem with a mission that I created. I would make it with CombatFlite and would export it to a MIZ file. When I tried to load it in DCS it would hang on loading and get stuck, only way out was to close DCS via task manager. After searching for the solution I saw that several other people have had this problem but no real solution exists.

After a good hour of playing around with it I figured out what was causing the problem. So when I create a mission I was clicking EXPORT to MIZ several times throughout the creation. A normal MIZ file is around 700 kb when you export it the first time. Export it again and the size increases by 700 to 1400 kb. Do it again and it becomes 2100. The 4th time it becomes 2800-ish kb and that's when mission editor in DCS says no and gets stuck loading it.

After building the exact same mission and only clicking export to miz at the end the file stays around 700 kb and loads into DCS without a problem.

This sorted the problem for me and I hope it helps the others who had the same problem.

Have any of you made a mission in Combatflite with the 476th VFW NTTR range mission file? When I try to make a mission all the airplanes want to start at the same time on the runway in Nellis and cause an explosion. Not quite sure what I'm doing, new to DCS.