CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool

Viper39

You tried disabling you antivirus before installing? I noticed that the last update i did got flagged by my antivirus.

Tricky11

Star man it was being blocked by bit defender, added to safe application and away we go.

Thank you

Viper,

Is there any way I can get the DMPI points in DD/MM/SS.SS for the F-18 JDAMs?

Cheers,

Hi Backy,

At the moment, you can get only DD MM.MMM, DD MM SS, or MGRS (10-digit). But good point. It won't be a problem to add two more decimals for the DMS... ;)

• Like 1

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite.com | Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel

Hi Backy,

At the moment, you can get only DD MM.MMM, DD MM SS, or MGRS (10-digit). But good point. It won't be a problem to add two more decimals for the DMS... ;)

You're the man! :D

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

RTX 2070 SUPER - TCL 55" 4K

Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck 15/XL - TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip w/ Mag Base, and 3 Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals

Win 10 Pro - 1TB M.2 SSD - Delta Sim TDC

HANGAR:

A-10 AV-8 F-5/14/16/18/86 M-2K P-51 UH-1

FW-190 MiG-15/21 FC3 *Supercarrier* CombatFlite

Channel Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf Syria TACView WWII Assets

Hi Leviathan,

- Bases are assigned to a coalition (in CF) only if a coalition's flight has the base as a take-off, landing or alternate waypoint.

- You can change the name of the flight only by changing its callsign. The thing in the brackets is the Task. The thing in the parentheses is the group's name that was copied over when imported from a .miz (can't change that in CF at the moment).

Thanks,

Viper

Thank you :)

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• 1 month later...

It looks like CombatFlite hasn't been updated with the latest version of the PG map. Liwa (Al-Safran) Air Base in the south of the map, West of Al' Dhafra, is missing.

Noticed it today when I came to make a new mission.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by BritTorrent

So perhaps a dumb question.

Is this usable for online servers like GAW? Specifically for the viggen or harrier and adding waypoints/tgt points?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So perhaps a dumb question.

Is this usable for online servers like GAW? Specifically for the viggen or harrier and adding waypoints/tgt points?

CF is not a multiplayer tool. It is just a planning one. It can eventually exports flight plans into missions, but you need to own the mission and run it after the export is done. Not during.

In the case of public server, I am not too sure how you want to use it unless you are getting the tasking beforehand and you need to plan your flight. But you won t see your flight plan on the kneeboard or navigation system of your aircraft when jumping on the server.

You can use it to set to flight plan onto a Data Cartridge and load it in the Viggen before jumping onto a server I've did that a lot.

Pity it's the only module (I know of) that has this sort of capability, I am a bit of a Viggen fanboy

Until Viper returns, here's an unofficial quick "hotfix" that adds Liwa AB to CombatFlite. Follow instructions in the included readme file.

PGMAP_FIX.zip

Edited by Backy 51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

HANGAR:

Has anyone made a step by step guide on how to use CF kind a CF for Dummies (me)

Hello, mate.

I too am a dummy. Try to give a look about to CF site, Viper included a downloadable quickstart guide there (it's almost at the bottom, IIRC).

With best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Im currently working on a custom MDC. I've copied over the coding from the existing MDC template but I'm curious if anyone knows how I could find the additional coding CF outputs for things such as exporting DMPI coords, T/O time for other flights, sunrise/sunset times, etc.

They are minutes. If you fly the assigned speed, you can estimate where you are by the time flown, and you also know how much time is left to get to a given destination if you know the distance or time flown already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok another question - how can i move a waypoint? Except entering new coordinates?

Place your mouse cursor on the waypoint icon, left-mouse click and hold, then drag waypoint to desired new location.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

HANGAR:

Hey all,

Im currently working on a custom MDC. I've copied over the coding from the existing MDC template but I'm curious if anyone knows how I could find the additional coding CF outputs for things such as exporting DMPI coords, T/O time for other flights, sunrise/sunset times, etc.

Hi Legendofdino,

All available coding for CF outputs (the curly brackets stuff) for a custom MDC spreadsheet is in the template provided. There are no outputs other than those. You can however put anything you like in the Notes1 and Notes2 fields, which do have a spreadsheet output.

i7 7700K 4.5GHz | GTX1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | NVMe M.2 500GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Oculus Rift CV1 & Touch | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MonsterTech mounts

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CombatFlite 1.0.5.2 update

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been very busy both at work and at home the last few months.

Today, I uploaded a minor update (1.0.5.2), which includes:

- Flappie's Caucasus theater map v0.7

- Added Liwa airfield to Persian Gulf theater (thanks Backy51)

- Added 'Delete empty layers' button

Thanks Flappie for the great work on the map!

Hopefully, I'll have more time for coding now :)

Cheers,

Viper

Win10 64-bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]