Wheel brakes

Arramis

On my SU 33 and SU 27, My X and Y pedal axis (mfg crosswind) do not brake all the way. (from a scale 0 to 2, they brake only until 1.

how can i make them brake like "Lshift +W" ?

Thanks

These are a different type brakes. Toe brakes have less authority than the ones activated by a lever on the stick.

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The brake on the stick is intended to hold the aircraft in place until the burners light for carrier takeoff. The toe brakes are for slowing the aircraft after landing. The stick brake is on/off, the toe brakes have variable pressure and a lower maximum pressure so you don't explode your tires. :thumbup:

So the plane IRL has toe brakes? Because most russian designed aircraft only have the lever brake on the stick. I'm trying to setup my controls to mimic the real plane, thanks

As feefifofum said, there are two types of brakes - the normal brakes and a run-up brake, which applies higher pressure to hold the aircraft when applying power in preparation for take-off.

On the Su-27 and -33 the normal brakes are toe pedals, while the run-up brake is a lever on the flight stick.

On the MiG-29 there are two levers on the stick - a large one for normal braking and a separate smaller smaller one attached to it for run-up braking(both levers pulled together).

JJ

To add to the discussion regarding the Su-33's brakes. Does the left and right wheel brakes allow for a tighter turning for example on the carrier deck this is the method that is to be applied for a tighter turning or taxiing upon the deck?

No differential braking is available on most fighters - the tighter turning performance of the Su-33(as compared with the Su-27) is down to a higher deflection angle(up to 90 deg) of the nose wheel.

Edited by Alfa

JJ

No differential braking is available on most fighters - the tighter turning performance of the Su-33(as compared with the Su-27) is down to a higher deflection angle(up to 90 deg) of the nose wheel.

On su 33 i can feel diff brakes. Su 27 too. On carrier i allmost never use them(there is no need).