DCS and Pimax

Wags

Guess you found out about the good things with fpsVR ?

Anyone heard any info about how the covid-19 affects the 8KX ?

Got this response two days ago about 8KX

Thanks for your massage and sorry to have kept you waiting.

8K X does not ship with deluxe head strap,8K X first batch build expected April 2nd and the delivery dates haven't been confirmed.

About MAS delivers,goal is very high volume production during the summer with numerous smaller batches deliveries leading up to summer.

If any update,we will announce it on Pimax forum.Have a good day!

Best regards

Sally

For the record, I have no knowledge of massaging anyone for this answer ...:megalol:

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say summer, so really means fall. I've been waiting almost three years for my 8K-X, with a 5K+ (which is terrible) loaner sitting in my closet for the last year. I used that loaner like five times and the case is already cracked, how pathetic.

My desire for the 8K-X that I backed has dropped considerably seeing as they went all the way down to 75 Hz...

The original 8K-X that I backed during the kickstarter was supposed to have two DP 1.4 cables and run at 90 Hz.

I may just end up selling it and wait for the Reverb 2.0.

Edited by Callsign.Vega

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

This might be a stupid question, but I'm a total noob when it comes to vr. I'm debating between pimax 5k and hp reverb, but leaning towards pimax. If I do get pimax, will I need the base station to use it in dcs, I'm not planning to use vr for other games. Except dcs and maybe other simulators.

Edited by GIGA_HORSE

This might be a stupid question, but I'm a total noob when it comes to vr. I'm debating between pimax 5k and hp reverb, but leaning towards pimax. If I do get pimax, will I need the base station to use it in dcs, I'm not planning to use vr for other games. Except dcs and maybe other simulators.

It is possible to use a Pimax without lighthouses but you will only get 3 DoF, for the full effect of wonderful 6 DoF you need at least one lighthouse either version 1 or 2. You may find an old version 1 on ebay as I did over a year ago. You don't need more than one if you're doing sedentary simming like flying or racing/driving.

The Pimax does not have inside-out tracking so you need to use an external source.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

I’m only getting anywhere from 13-25ish FPS with my 5k+

Besides the shader Mod, is there a list of settings Somewhere that I should be going through to get better performance ? I don’t see a Sticky specific to 5k+.

Thanks

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Besides the shader Mod, is there a list of settings Somewhere that I should be going through to get better performance ? I don’t see a Sticky specific to 5k+.

Thanks

No AA or MSAA or other, no parallel projection, no SS in DCS, small FoV and set pitool+steamVR settings to have roughly 2100x2100 pixels. You should have ~40fps which is enough for Smart smoothing if you set the pimax to 72 hz. And forget the beta, it kills too much fps.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

This is good advice, the OpenBeta is currently proving very unfriendly towards VR and DCS generally seems poorly optimized for that environment. Hopefully in time this will change.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

It is possible to use a Pimax without lighthouses but you will only get 3 DoF, for the full effect of wonderful 6 DoF you need at least one lighthouse either version 1 or 2. You may find an old version 1 on ebay as I did over a year ago. You don't need more than one if you're doing sedentary simming like flying or racing/driving.

The Pimax does not have inside-out tracking so you need to use an external source.

Thanks for reply.

will one station be able to track if I turn my head all the way back?

Thanks

I am getting a solid 60 FPS on the ground and in air with my 5K plus with MSAA on.

Here is a quick setup of mine.

In Pitool I set it to 120hz then normal FOV. Pitool rendering to 1.5 then GPU catalyst to 10. In steamVR I leave the rendering to Auto which should be like 46%. In game the pixel density is at 1, textures and terrain textures at high, water and viable range at low, shadows low and MSAA on 2x.

I also did everything in this

and his second video.

With this setup I think it looks pretty good and i maintain a solid 60 FPS on SP Missions. Only tested in the A-10 and in a couple missions.

I could defiantly go more in depth but I also need to test it a little more as i have not touched DCS in about a year. I am also using the BETA version of DCS which after reading apparently kills FPS in VR.

Edited by A Hamburgler

No AA or MSAA or other, no parallel projection, no SS in DCS, small FoV and set pitool+steamVR settings to have roughly 2100x2100 pixels. You should have ~40fps which is enough for Smart smoothing if you set the pimax to 72 hz. And forget the beta, it kills too much fps.

I'm definitely going to try this now. I have to figure out how to run the main DCS program vs the OB which my desktop shortcut points to.

I am getting a solid 60 FPS on the ground and in air with my 5K plus with MSAA on.

In Pitool I set it to 120hz then normal FOV. Pitool rendering to 1.5 then GPU catalyst to 10. In steamVR I leave the rendering to Auto which should be like 46%. In game the pixel density is at 1, textures and terrain textures at high, water and viable range at low, shadows low and MSAA on 2x.

and his second video.

With this setup I think it looks pretty good and i maintain a solid 60 FPS on SP Missions. Only tested in the A-10 and in a couple missions.

I could defiantly go more in depth but I also need to test it a little more as i have not touched DCS in about a year. I am also using the BETA version of DCS which after reading apparently kills FPS in VR.

I will certainly try this. I'll have to retrace my steps in those two videos and make sure I'm getting the shaders actually activated through JGSME. thanks !

Follow up Questions:

1. Do you all recommend PiTool SS on ?

2. VR prerendered frames in NVIDIA Control panel ? I've selected "Use 3d Application Settings"

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I followed "A Hamburgler's" advice to the letter. My fps went from 29 to 60.

Haha glad it worked. The thing to keep in mind is with GPU catalyst when the frames fall below 60 or the frames just jump around the screen will jump around in VR. But from my testing I was getter by a locked 60 frames. What I was thinking was that if you lowered it 90hz the frames will get locked at 45 and then you can turn the setting up for better visuals. So basically you need to have steady frames for this to work.

Edited by A Hamburgler

I'm definitely going to try this now. I have to figure out how to run the main DCS program vs the OB which my desktop shortcut points to.

I will certainly try this. I'll have to retrace my steps in those two videos and make sure I'm getting the shaders actually activated through JGSME. thanks !

Follow up Questions:

1. Do you all recommend PiTool SS on ?

2. VR prerendered frames in NVIDIA Control panel ? I've selected "Use 3d Application Settings"

Don’t know what SS is on PiTool and I used 3 for pre rendered frames in the control panel.

and his second video.

I did exactly what you did, and I am getting locked 60 fps now, feels very smooth,

but I'm getting double vision in both eyes, as in, even if I close 1 eye, that single display is doing double vision.

*edit*

fixed double vision by setting nvidia control panel pre-rendered frame to 3

Edited by Kazansky222
fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I can't make sense about the current pimax with dcs. When I use ASW I need to put supersampling so high my GPU is at 96-97 utilization to get DCS to "stick" to 60 FPS. At that level of SS it does not leave much headroom. If I lower the SS to have some more headroom my GPU utilization is at 70 percent, but my FPS never stays at 60 FPS. The FPS is dead set on staying just under 60 FPS (around 58 ) so ASW gets deactivated. Or it decides to try to go for 120 Hz without ASW. Of course that ain't happening so I get mostly too little FPS with some optimistic jumps above 60. This in part is because pimax don't allow for choosing ASW always on. Still the main problem is getting DCS to stay at 60 FPS with 70-80 percent GPU utilization.

You can set a framerate limiter in Nvidea settings .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2