DCS: X-Wing Fighter?

mytai01

Is this a real module, or just a joke?

• Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Come on lads! It is christmas time, another 6 months 'til April... :megalol:

...but it would be cool, would it not?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

None of this answers the original question, real or not?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I insist on the Tie Fighter, "C" model.... Not the public domain "A". (Can't do catapult and traps with the "A"). :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

And wouldn't the arguments about the flight model be interesting,.. :music_whistling::D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

And wouldn't the arguments about the flight model be interesting,.. :music_whistling::D

We'll need a sub-forum just for this alone! ;):megalol::thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I would be interested how many would claim to be experts on the FM from watching movies... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Also the AI for the R2 unit is taking more time then expected :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

The thing is, it is hard to find information and data to modell it. All classified stuff. So it is probably safe to say that we will not see this in the next two weeks.

I know a dude in the Rebellion who has placed information vital to the development of this module into the memory systems of an R2 unit. ED will know how to retrieve it. It just needs to be located as it seems to have gone missing. Keep a look out for it.

I know a dude in the Rebellion who has placed information vital to the development of this module into the memory systems of an R2 unit. ED will know how to retrieve it. It just needs to be located as it seems to have gone missing. Keep a look out for it.
They think they found the droid! but this old guy told them it was not the droid they're looking for...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Jonno"

Flying DCS since Black Shark 1.

But is it clickable cockpit? ..

Nah. using the force should suffice. :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Unfortunately we could only ever hope to see a mark 1 tie fighter. The empire is extremely tight with keeping even obsolete technologies classified. The rebellion on the other hand get's it's weapons from local governments who can't openly resist the empire and had purchased export versions of weapons pre-empire so everything is public domain. This branch of DCS will see a huge disparity in modules available for the respective sides.

Edited by Jester986

Unfortunately we could only ever hope to see a mark 1 tie fighter. The empire is extremely tight with keeping even obsolete technologies classified. The rebellion on the other hand get's it's weapons from local governments who can't openly resist the empire and had purchased export versions of weapons pre-empire so everything is public domain. This branch of DCS will see a huge disparity in modules available for the respective sides.
But we need a TIE-Interceptor!!! Otherwise the Gameplay will be totally unbalanced.

The TIE Mk.I is no match for the X-Wing.

Shagrat

So with all the classified tech on imperial side, will we ever see a mutlicrew stardestroyer? i would like to team up with my home town to crew one for sure ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett