Rhino vs Warthog

TWC_SLAG

I have an X-55 Rhino, and have just bought the F-5E. I have two questions:

1. Does anyone have a Rhino profile for the F-5E? I searched, and can't find one.

2. Are the Rhino and Warthog similar enough to use a Warthog profile?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I don't have a profile but I do have an X55 collecting dust.

They do not/can not use the same profile given different software and button configurations.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I don't have a profile but I do have an X55 collecting dust.

They do not/can not use the same profile given different software and button configurations.

I knew they wouldn’t be exactly one to one. My hope was that some of the thought into which button/switch/dial an action was assigned could also translate over to tho Rhino.

Mine was gathering dust, also, until I bought the F-5E.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Owning both, I have found the TM to be a different animal all together. Generally yes you can say you want x functions on both and manage it but the difference lies in the two way vs the four/eight way switches, rotaries, etc.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

My X55 aged out, buttons stopped responding. So I got X56. It works great with all modules in DCS. Just a matter of getting right button assignments , that work well for individual. Warthog is perhaps higher quality and better then Rhino, but AFAIK TM Warthog has no rudder twist in stick, which Rhino does. So you will have to get pedals. Now that I got muscle memory and feel of twist, pedals are no longer 'must get' item.

My mods are;

A-10C, KA-50, FC3, F-5E, UH-1H, Mig-21Bis.

Salivating and will get: AV-8BN, F/A-18C

Considering: SA342, Viggen, Mirage-2KC, CA

Wiffing: MI8

Wishing: Full cockpit systems modeling for F-15C, SU-27B, SU-33D. Mig-29S , M, SMT with PFM, ASM, and cockpit fiunctionality.

Dreaming : F-16C/D Block 50/52 with PFM, ASM, cockpit functions, JHMQS with AIM-9X (Block don't care), AIM-120C-8/D, with antiship weapons.

You don't really need a profile tbh.

It takes about 5 mins at most to set up the X-55 for use with the F-5, there's not that many functions you really need.

Great. Which ones would those be?

TWC_SLAG