target designators in A-G mode

Probably the wrong place for this post, but..........

When using US Mavericks or the RF EOS/laser system is there any way of slowing down the cursor so they dont move around so fast? Its hard enough trying to keep that cursor on a target in the Su-25 as it is.

Also, is there any way of keeping the Maverick targeting system from just snapping to the closest target on the tv monitor.....I'd like to be able to slew the cursors over my "exact" target (not the building beside it)

(Im still using v1.02)

Any help would be appreciated in both of these issues...

thanks...is there anyway to slow the cursors down a bit so they are not so sensitive......(In either the A-10 or the SU-25).....

just looking at the control file, what does the "fast/normal/slow cockpit mouse speed function" do?

Question: Can you zoom using the mav seeker head? I find it hard to zero in on potential targets with my mavs when im flying far out. They tend to lock on to random objects that I have no intention of destroying (trees, buildings, random cars going down the street). I've looked through the lists of key commands and cant seem to find anything workable.

Thanks!

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Are you using the keyboard to slew the designator? If not, what controller are you using?

Cockpit mouse speed is the speed that you can pan your view in the cockpit with the mouse.

Rugg: You can also use the mouse to slew the designator - it's quite smooth and accurate too. You lose your cockpit mouse, but it's an option.

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

I'm using the little mouse hat switch on my x-45 to slew the TD. (i'd like to be able to slow the speed down at which this TD moves around)

I dont seem to have the ability to use my mouse while in the pit (or even see a mouse arrow/icon)....

are the switches and such clickable with the mouse or are you just using it to slew radars/OES/TV cursors?

None of the switches are clickable, but if you turn on "cockpit mouse", you can move your view around. (There is no mouse pointer arrow/icon)

I think you can turn on cockpit mouse under Options->Cockpit.

To change the sensitivity of your mini-joystick, you may need to play with the axis settings under Options->controls.

Maybe someone with an X-45 can help you.

Cheers,

LP

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

I believe because I am using a TrackIR the mouse function is disabled in the game (I have no option anywhere that I can see within the settings menu to enble or disable my mouse.)

I will regarding axis sensitivities for my x-45 though.

Thanks.

Maybe my question is a little dumb... but, did you "ground stabilized" the seeker? I am asking this because without ground stabilizing the seeker view moves quite fast.

I don't mean to offend you by this silly question but is better to clear it out just in case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

.......with the Russian missiles I cannot ground stabilize (just hold the cursor over the target)

With the Shkval you should be able to ground-stabilize the target designator by hitting the "Lock Target" (Tab) key.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

sorry my mistake.......I can ground stabilize but I have to keep my cursor over the targat after I've fired, until impact....and if the cursors are too sensitive I may miss....especially if target is moving and I have to continually adjust.

I am using version 1.02 (so, no SU-25t)

sorry my mistake.......I can ground stabilize but I have to keep my cursor over the targat after I've fired, until impact....and if the cursors are too sensitive I may miss....especially if target is moving and I have to continually adjust.

Make the plunge and buy Flaming Cliffs and patch to 1.12a, you are missing out on A LOT!!

In Su-25, if you have a stationary target, you can "lock" onto any point on the ground at any distance, but if the target is moving you need to get a "lock" onto target itself. You can only get this if you are close anough for the Optical sensors to distinguish the target and get a stable lock on it, but also you need to specify target size (it's that square in the middle on the TV screen that can get larger/smaller).

In the A-10, I haven't noticed that Target Specified Size has any functionality.

Don't know if this is of any help but worth mentioning I guess :huh:

No longer active in DCS...

In Su-25, if you have a stationary target, you can "lock" onto any point on the ground at any distance, but if the target is moving you need to get a "lock" onto target itself. You can only get this if you are close anough for the Optical sensors to distinguish the target and get a stable lock on it, but also you need to specify target size (it's that square in the middle on the TV screen that can get larger/smaller).

No TV in Su-25

The only thing you can do with the Su-25 when you need to destroy moving targets is to guess the position of the vehicle at the impact of your missile/bomb. i wouldn't correct the pointer all the time.

i am not sure, i almost never fly the A-10. but it's like this with the Su-25T in LOFC. the seeker moves slower when you zoom in the TV-screen, so that how i make it.

- activate TV screen, move seeker near the target and press TAB (Lock On)

- Zoom in and move the seeker to the target (it should be slower now)

- Zoom in again and place the seeker over your target. (it should snap-in here)

This is what i did with the A-10 as well. Worked for me =)

What annoys me is the little square of the Su-27/33 at BVR mode which you have to move over the contacts on your HUD to lock on them. I'm using my Joystick-Hat to move it, and its _really_ slow. It takes about 5 seconds to move it from the top of the HUD to the bottom. this time could save my life sometimes.