TOWER LIGHTNING at night on airports

Psicodreamics

In the current version of DCS World (2.1) at night the tower lights on airports don't illuminate the objects / planes. I have been using the VPC Airfield Equipment mod and the diference is great. SEE THE PIC.

I think adding better tower lightning (without using any mod would) is a great step in realism.

1751557311_AirportLightTowers.thumb.jpg.002ce466ed6323f541e339fabf3f67a1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

Hmm...maybe I'll get this VPC Airfield Equipment mod, now that I know that it gives light poles actual lighting! I didn't get this mod before when it first came out only because it didn't have WWII units. But maybe . . .

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

The mod is very good. Get it and enjoy it.

Look at the pic and see what`s possible.

batumi-night.thumb.png.7cfaf0e5d1f5b4dc48214599fbcc634f.png

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

If you fly in a NON war environement then yes the tower lighting could be a feature in the sim but in a war zone? I don’t think so. Please remember this is a combat simulator, lighting should be very restricted.

NTTR is a warzone? Really? You have seen Vegas at night before right? Night time env in DCS needs serious work. Just because DCS is a supposed to be a combat sim does not mean that obvious shortcomings in the game env can be just pushed aside with that as an excuse.

NTTR is a warzone? Really? You have seen Vegas at night before right? Night time env in DCS needs serious work. Just because DCS is a supposed to be a combat sim does not mean that obvious shortcomings in the game env can be just pushed aside with that as an excuse.

Yes you are right, nttr is the exception as that map is for training only. So maybe we should ask for a selection of lighting all over. Towns, streets, airports and towers light settings selection in mission editor. Then ED could add all the lighting they wish and it would all be up to the mission designer to select lighting.

Yes you are right, nttr is the exception as that map is for training only. So maybe we should ask for a selection of lighting all over. Towns, streets, airports and towers light settings selection in mission editor. Then ED could add all the lighting they wish and it would all be up to the mission designer to select lighting.

Maybe a simple wartime/peacetime setting toggle option for the ME? Less work I would guess vs almost individual light control if that is what you meant.

I see this less of a wish, and more of the bug thread.

The lights in DCS should already illuminate the aircraft.

I agree.

Thanks buddy.

I did in fact locate that link as well as another for a newer version.

With regards to Airport Lighting and Wartime vs Peace Time > I think the War argument is silly. While this is a Combat Sim, the beauty of it is that we can (in most cases) customize things in the ME. Furthermore, airports do have the ability to turn lights On/Off in many different situations. By the argument logic, the Runways should not be lit either then !!

I don't see a problem with wanting an Option for War Time/Peace Time LIGHTING .. if that's what you want to call it (for all I care). Dim/Bright would work for me as I have personally found "some of" the airport lighting to be pretty dim, especially in the parking areas. This MOD appears to be just the thing to correct it.

SnowTiger:joystick: