EGT after shutdown

Hi Guys,

After a couple of months and flight hours with the Belsimtek MI-8, I could hardly criticise anything in this product. In my opinion : simply the best helo in flysim world. Great immersion, challenge and reward!

My only observation up to now that after a normal shutdown of the engines per the checklist procedure, my EGT will not decrease. They are simply maintaining the last indication, somewhat below 600 C.

Anybody with the same experience? Is it a bug or perhaps my install or system?

Appreciate your help,

Tamas

Thanks Slazi, I will check it. But before I go into trubleshooting, I would like to confirm: do you have the same experience? I mean: when you shut down the engine by closing the fuel shutoff levers your EGT drops normally or hanging at the idle value?

tamas,

Im not sure if this instrument should stay on even with battery off but Im guessing it should not

They stay on without batteries, they are connected to thermocouples, self powered censors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

The gauge is powered by the censor itself.

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi Holton,

Just back from a test flight. You are spot on! Previously, I have followed the USAF shutdown checklist which dictates to switch gens, inverters and rectifiers OFF beforore setting ground idle and finally shut down. My thermocouples were left without power.

Once again: amazing simulation!

Cheers,

Tamas

The PTIT gauge requires 36V AC power to operate.
I stand corrected!

But I know some EGT (PTIT) gauges on other aircrafts do move due to the power delivered by the thermocouple only, no need for other power sources for those.

Thanks for the info AlphaOneSix

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

... and finally let me correct myself. I refered to EGT in this thread which is wrong. Of course, it is PTIT! The values on the instruments tell the story (if you don't read the systems manual). They are too high for EGT for any turbine engine but just on spot for beeing power turbine inlet temp.

Tamas