Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Laptop Keyboard & Commands???

Is there any sort of download that makes the keyboard command compatable with a laptop keyboard? Other than reassigning keys (and possibly messing up other commands), I have no way to put some of the commands into my Saitek profile, or even the option of hitting a key combination (like starting/stopping engines, or toggling padlock views).

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I did do a search and can't seem to find this covered anywhere.

~ Arwen ~

I'm using a laptop and i seem to run everything fine by default. All the functions of a regular keyboard should be on a laptop keyboard. Like the numpad keys are there but you have to press the "Fn" key.

Thanks, I do use the Fn key for the commands that I can, but I don't seem to have a way do the RWin key or the Keypad Del key.

~ Arwen ~

yea i had some problems mapping those keys as well but there are a couple ways you can overcome this. You could remap those keys that have the rwin key, for example i think the only rwin key i used was something for the russian radar. I changed it to shift+I. but if you don't want to do that, you could always use an external keyboard, plug it in and use ur sst program for the joystick and map out the rwin key or numpad period. After u mapped it out, unplug the external keyboard and the joystick will still recongize those keys. btw, my numpad period key is on my laptop, i can access it throught the fn key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I didn't know that I could use another keyboard to program my Saitek . . . I might give that a try. I can access the numpad period key as well . . . is that the same thing as the numpad Delete key? If so, that will solve half of my current mapping problems.

~ Arwen ~

yea i had some problems mapping those keys as well but there are a couple ways you can overcome this. You could remap those keys that have the rwin key, for example i think the only rwin key i used was something for the russian radar. I changed it to shift+I. but if you don't want to do that, you could always use an external keyboard, plug it in and use ur sst program for the joystick and map out the rwin key or numpad period. After u mapped it out, unplug the external keyboard and the joystick will still recongize those keys. btw, my numpad period key is on my laptop, i can access it throught the fn key.

There is an easier way than using a extern keyboard,Evenstar!

Use the onscreen-keyboard (bildschirmtastatur in german, don't now the english word) in the system tray.

There is an easier way,Evenstar!

Use the onscreen-keyboard (bildschirmtastatur in german, don't now the english word) in the system tray.

I didn't even know that I had an onscreen-keyboard, but I found it! Thanks guys . . . keyboard problem totally solved!

:thumbup: I love this place! You guys always help me out, and that just isn't true with some of the other forums, where I'm just igmored or insulted for not knowing how to do everything.

Thanks again! Off the try out padlock in LOMAC for the first time. :joystick:

~ Arwen ~

Well unless you backed-up your keyboard config, I don't think you can unless you hit the "default" button for each command you changed in the LOMAC input screen. But no worries, if you have LoCFG, you can merely backup your existing config; on re-install all you have to do is copy your backed up files into the appropriate directory.

instead of creating a new thread to ask this question, where can i back out my current keyboard commands because i changed a few around (this is for future reinstall purposes)

My experience at this issue is that when i change the key commands in lockon with his own editor and use also a custom saitek-profil, I quickly lost the overview and other commands that worked fine could easyly be messed up.

Just follow the simple rule to leave all by its default and changing only things in the saitek profileditor.

(Tip!: open lockon in windowed-mode and also the saitek profile editor at one time, so you can easy switch between them and check your Profile instantly.That saved me plenty of time!)