KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

But the problem is I think many if not most of the pilots on your server have headtracking or superexpensive VR headsets... :P (I only have a WMR headset that still doesn't work in DCS multiplayer... and sometimes crash to desktop after 5 minutes in Singleplayer)... So it's no fun/really bad chances for me to survive a turn fight when I have to use my coolie-hat to pan my view xD (SUPER inaccurate movement currently in DCS)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

But the problem is I think many if not most of the pilots on your server have headtracking or superexpensive VR headsets... (I only have a WMR headset that still doesn't work in DCS multiplayer... and sometimes crash to desktop after 5 minutes in Singleplayer)... So it's no fun/really bad chances for me to survive a turn fight when I have to use my coolie-hat to pan my view xD (SUPER inaccurate movement currently in DCS)
I build mine hd in 20mins with primitive tools. Some carbon, 3 led, AAA batteries. salvaged cables tape and glue. The most expensive was the ps3 cam for 15euro. Go to free track website and you will find numerous builds.

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

But the problem is I think many if not most of the pilots on your server have headtracking or superexpensive VR headsets... :P (I only have a WMR headset that still doesn't work in DCS multiplayer... and sometimes crash to desktop after 5 minutes in Singleplayer)... So it's no fun/really bad chances for me to survive a turn fight when I have to use my coolie-hat to pan my view xD (SUPER inaccurate movement currently in DCS)

VR is no advantage on a server without labels. I love the Korea setup but without labels I am basically blind. I recommend TrackIR for success but I can't go back. I enjoy VR too much.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

My advice, if you'll humor me:

Try to stop worrying about turnfighting & getting kills altogether. Get on comms, find somebody you like flying regularly with (join a squad if you need to) and then make up your mind to be the best, most supportive wingman you can possibly be. Stay with your lead at all times, keep visual on lead at all times, keep his 6 clear. Don't chat too much on the radio. Call the break if he is threatened by a bandit. Attack only when absolutely necessary to force a bandit off of your leader.

Making that simple choice-- to be a good wingman first, not to try and be an "ace"-- instantly puts you above 80% of DCS players in my book. You don't need a lot of experience to do this, and you don't need TrackIR either (although it helps).

Everybody has a different approach to DCS, but this is what I did when I was new to DCS and had crap hardware, and it worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by SeaQuark

I have a TrackHat and PS3 cam, tried it, cam looses track the moment I turn my head too far left/right or up...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I have a TrackHat and PS3 cam, tried it, cam looses track the moment I turn my head too far left/right or up...

Try end play with the threshold settings so that the led don't fade when you turn your head. You have a lot of settings to play with. I use OpenTrack and its the best software atm I know.

What SQ said above. This server is all about it. Plus high altitude fights are happening there which includes contrails, now you only have to IFF the target before you squiz.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Just wanted to thank SeaQuark and Invisibull and the good folks at 39th VFS for creating this dynamic and immersive sim environment in the Korea! 1952 server.

No.401 Sqn (Can) and No.450 Sqn (Aus) are currently conducting conversion training from the DCS Spitfire & Mustang to the F-86F Sabre. Our training is structured to encompass all flight control and armament systems in accordance with the Sabre manual and when our training syllabus has been completed, we look forward to joining with your organized events. We aim to fly two complete four ship flights.

Thanks again to SeaQuark for graciously allowing us to conduct this training out of Sukhumi.

Cheers

Speed

Edited by No.401_Speed

My advice, if you'll humor me:

Try to stop worrying about turnfighting & getting kills altogether. Get on comms, find somebody you like flying regularly with (join a squad if you need to) and then make up your mind to be the best, most supportive wingman you can possibly be. Stay with your lead at all times, keep visual on lead at all times, keep his 6 clear. Don't chat too much on the radio. Call the break if he is threatened by a bandit. Attack only when absolutely necessary to force a bandit off of your leader.

Making that simple choice-- to be a good wingman first, not to try and be an "ace"-- instantly puts you above 80% of DCS players in my book. You don't need a lot of experience to do this, and you don't need TrackIR either (although it helps).

Everybody has a different approach to DCS, but this is what I did when I was new to DCS and had crap hardware, and it worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

I will second this advice (mostly).

Teamwork beats BFM every time.

Training and flying with a wing man will vastly improve your fun. It is harder at first because you are adding new tasks but stick with it.

Get past the "welded wing" wing pair tactics as fast as possible. Once both pilots in an element are offensive weapons engaged in mutual support, your effectiveness quadruples.

Effective double attack and loose deuce doctrine is a thing of beauty.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Get past the "welded wing" wing pair tactics as fast as possible. Once both pilots in an element are offensive weapons engaged in mutual support, your effectiveness quadruples.

Effective double attack and loose deuce doctrine is a thing of beauty.

I got my first two DCS online kills last night using this tried and tested doctrine. :)

please include support for vibro cloaks, before it was! what it prevented you? Well, I can not fly without it! return. I have a feedback stick without it does not work that way. | Reverso Context.включите пожалуйста поддержку вибро накидки .enable support vibrator capes please.why disabled? the ability to output vibro cloaks? I can not without it! please return, the only normal server on which I fly for a moment15

Edited by Lovcar

Help please hear me please. The server you really like me nravitsa! But without vibrel cloaks I can not! Turn on the user's ability to vibro cloak! transfuse .Пожалуйста не теряйте вирпилов.Их и так мало!А сервер Ваш мне очень очень нравитца!!Дайте мне возможность на нем летать!Летал на mig15 Allow player export",turn on this option please I beg you. "fly with a vr helmet, and just a full immersion, and gives an e-vibro cape! Do not deprive me of these effects.

Edited by Lovcar

Hi.

I use a vibrocape https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028 For her work the program uses data of export from a game. For quite some time now, when Eagle Dynamics has made certain changes in approach to protection of a network game for data acquisition of telemetry to a vibrocape it is necessary to include an option "Allow player export" on the server. Now at you on the server this option is switched off. Could you include it and give the chance to me and such how I to use a vibrocape in a game on your server as well as on other servers?

@tester @Lovcar

I am not 100% sure on all the logistics of this, looks like there are some new options in the multiplayer server drop-down.

But sounds important to y'all. So for now, on a trial basis, I have enabled "allow player export" but am keeping object/sensor export disabled.

Vibrocape away.

Spawn Error Sukhumi Airport

SeaQuark,

Two a/c from Uncle and Queen flights are spawning in one location resulting in the loss of both planes.

Queen 2 was recently re-numbered to correct a duplication between Queen 1 a/c #821 and Queen 2 that was also designated #821. The number designations were corrected so that Queen 2 is now a/c #822. That much is good to go.

During that process Queen 2 a/c #822 was moved from its original spawn location to the spawn location occupied by Uncle 3 a/c #819.

Request that Queen 2 a/c #822 be moved to a vacant spawn location next to the other a/c of Queen flight.

Thanks

Speed

SeaQuark,

Two a/c from Uncle and Queen flights are spawning in one location resulting in the loss of both planes.

Queen 2 was recently re-numbered to correct a duplication between Queen 1 a/c #821 and Queen 2 that was also designated #821. The number designations were corrected so that Queen 2 is now a/c #822. That much is good to go.

During that process Queen 2 a/c #822 was moved from its original spawn location to the spawn location occupied by Uncle 3 a/c #819.

Request that Queen 2 a/c #822 be moved to a vacant spawn location next to the other a/c of Queen flight.

Thanks

Speed

Noted, I am working on a big update for the server currently, will include this fix in it. In the meantime, if it poses a serious problem, feel free to grab Viper 5 or Viper 6 if they are not occupied by 39thers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small plug for this server. If you haven't had a chance to fly online before, or if you have down online for years, but have not yet tried the Korea! 1952 server, I highly recommend it. The missions are truly awesome. The voice acting and documentation materials are really well done. ED should take note and make the next Map, Korea with vintage airfields optional during 1950 -53. This server is so immersive, retro sounds etc. SeaQuark had done an exceptional job! The guys who fly as part of the 39th are also am extremely friendly bunch. I've been thoroughly impressed. I'm currently working on some generic version of the following units using my updated paint template:

334th FIS (Early) F-86A

334th FIS (Late)

336th FIS (Blue Noses)

336th FIS (early)

39th FIS

25th FIS

16th FIS

These will all be BORT tail and aft fuselage enabled for complete server compatibility.

Here's a sample of completed ones:

27295076998_55f717d066_o.jpg

40456210714_205bceb978_o.jpg

41169031361_8977c3cfc2_o.jpg

27295076908_019b3748ae_o.jpg

40272897215_f948fc299c_o.jpg

40456211414_c42f2eb92e_o.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

WOW these skins look AMAZING! dont know how you got that aluminum shine like that but that should be default look for naked paint jobs.

you just made me install the sabre to my game again. could you please link me up to the skins via pm when youre done with them. gotta visit the server too once i get my controls for the sabre confed again.