KOREA! 1952 (MiG vs Sabre PvP Server)

SeaQuark

Great server guys, really authentic atmosphere to fly the Sabre and Fagot on. Love the custom ATC and simple radio for extra immersion!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KOREA! 1952 is now hosting a new, weekly event:

FUeyFY2.png

^^CLICK FOR RULES / PRIZES^^

Every Sunday, team up with a wingman (or 3!) and see how many kills your flight can score in one sortie-- without losing your wingman. If either member of a 2-ship element crashes or is shot down, the element's kills will not be counted. The goal is to encourage effective leader/wingman teamwork, and promote competition between virtual squadrons.

Top scoring flights will be added to leaderboards on forum post & Discord.

Scramble on the server this Sunday @ 2200 Zulu. See rules above for details and how to submit your killcount.

As cool as this idea is, the dcs scoring system is incredibly unreliable. More times than not I get a loss counted against my score before even taking off in the burning skies server.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

As cool as this idea is, the dcs scoring system is incredibly unreliable. More times than not I get a loss counted against my score before even taking off in the burning skies server.

It was my understanding this usually happens when switching slots, or hopping into a different slot after landing, or during a server mission-rotate? I've never seen it just spontaneously give me a loss mid-flight. Kill scores have also seemed to be suitably reliable these days.

This is only one sortie, so it shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure you are starting fresh when you take-off.

If you believe you have an error in your scorecard, I will accept a video recording of your flight as evidence. Make sure it shows you and your wingmen taking off and landing safely.

Edited by SeaQuark

It seemed to get more reliable for a while but its back to being as bad as it ever was, at least for the WWII side of things. And no I have definitely had it without switching slots recently.

Unfortunately 2200 zulu might be a bit late for me this week so I probably won't be able to make it myself, just thought I'd mention the issue with the scoring system. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it will happen like 3 times in a row (noticed it after the many disconnects due to spit engine bug kicking people from the server recently).

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

It was my understanding this usually happens when switching slots, or hopping into a different slot after landing, or during a server mission-rotate? .

This happens when I first spawn in to your server. It happens if you spawn into a slot that has been occupied by anyone else since server reset sometimes as well.

It seemed to get more reliable for a while but its back to being as bad as it ever was, at least for the WWII side of things. And no I have definitely had it without switching slots recently.

Unfortunately 2200 zulu might be a bit late for me this week so I probably won't be able to make it myself, just thought I'd mention the issue with the scoring system. It doesn't happen every time, but when it does it will happen like 3 times in a row (noticed it after the many disconnects due to spit engine bug kicking people from the server recently).

This server is most certainly better than the garbage WW2 servers that have been hosted. Instead of complaining in a KOREAN server thread, join and see for yourself. With Rob and Sea Quarks help, weve been up to almost 30 ppl, evenly split with almost no issues.

• Like 1

on

.....??? I think you read my post in a significantly different tone than it was written.

9./JG27

@viper, cool your jets, he was talking about scorecard system, nothing more.

@DefaultFace + others, I will be taking a screenshot of the scorecard at the start of the competition, so in case anybody is erroneously starting with 1 loss, I can account for that when comparing any submitted scores.

As stated above, I will also accept video evidence if you feel the scorecard has botched your results. But remember, most of all, the point of this event is to have fun and foster friendly competition & good flying. As it is a recurring weekly event, there will be many chances to fix any problems going forward.

Be sure you are in the server and in your cockpit at 2200 Zulu. Good hunting!

Thanks to all who participated!

Turnout was low on this first Showdown, but nevertheless the 39th VFS 4-ship managed to bag 2 MiGs, and all flight members returned safely. A high-scoring MiG was ultimately shot down, and thus disqualified.

2 KILLS, 0 LOSSES is the number to beat for next week. Same time, same place. Sunday, 2200 Zulu on the KOREA! server.

u9VmsGu.jpg

Otz0qWY.png

Edited by SeaQuark

A Thanks

Hi SeaQuark,

I just wanted to say thanks, I installed SimpleRadio mostly to use this server and hopped on this morning to check it out quick- no one was out flying but I thought that was the perfect scenario for an introduction.

The tower interaction comm script is great. Once I checked on with the tactical controller I had to venture quite far down memory lane (moveable card ADF navigation is looooong ways back for me) but finding my armor target without the help of own ship position on the F10 moving map was very rewarding. Sadly my recollection of weapons employment in the '86 was worse than my navigation, but once I get that rust knocked off with some SP practice I will be sure to be back to join in the fun.

Kudos for the work you have done to create an immersive and dynamic server environment. It is appreciated.

Tom_19d

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hi SeaQuark,

I just wanted to say thanks, I installed SimpleRadio mostly to use this server and hopped on this morning to check it out quick- no one was out flying but I thought that was the perfect scenario for an introduction.

The tower interaction comm script is great. Once I checked on with the tactical controller I had to venture quite far down memory lane (moveable card ADF navigation is looooong ways back for me) but finding my armor target without the help of own ship position on the F10 moving map was very rewarding. Sadly my recollection of weapons employment in the '86 was worse than my navigation, but once I get that rust knocked off with some SP practice I will be sure to be back to join in the fun.

Kudos for the work you have done to create an immersive and dynamic server environment. It is appreciated.

Tom_19d

Thanks Tom :thumbup: Stop by anytime.

A note to everyone: I do plan to update the mission with a larger variety of ground targets for both sides in the near future. However, at this point, I am waiting for the merge, as depending on how that goes down there is a large chance I may need to re-do a good part of the mission in general. Holding pattern for now.

Hey SeaQuark, Just a note of thanks for running the server. Jumped on with some Sqn mates tonight in Sabre and had a great tussle with a Mig Driver (Teddy I think) which went his way :cry:

I guess you've been asked before, I didn't read the thread, it's too long ...

Is there any way to enable Tacview data export .... I'd have loved to debrief this fight a little.

39:55 onwards is the critical bit watch?v=2VX7zIYFpus

Glad to see new players discovering the server; welcome aboard guys.

@JokerMan, TacView is disabled on server, for historical immersion's sake. Flight de-briefs are highly recommended, but instead of the all-seeing eye of TacView, try talking through the engagement with your wingmen; compare with their perspectives of the fight, and self-assess your performance.

SERVER NEWS:

MAPS

As many of you have no doubt noticed, the F10 Map icons were disabled a while back. More recently, a detailed navigational briefing & map collection has been made available for download. Click here for the PDF (35 MB). Map includes all relevant NDB frequencies, and MGRS & lat./long. grids. "Photocopy" versions are provided for easy printing:

1sYVa8M.jpg

*Note: there is indeed an NDB freq. for Bullseye, 378 KHz (no morse). Remember that mountains may interfere with NDB reception if you are at low altitude.

Also included are some basic tips for Dead Reckoning & Radio Navigation. These are not intended to be exhaustive tutorials, but a quick introduction to oldschool navigational concepts, for those of you who may not be familiar with them.

SABRE-MIG SHOWDOWN

The 2nd weekly showdown is this Sunday at 2200 Zulu. 39th VFS currently holds the top spot. Can any challengers do better than 2 kills and 0 deaths? See contest rules for details, and don't forget to submit your scores if you & your wingman survive the sortie.

Otz0qWY.png

Edited by SeaQuark

This is the best server for first-gen jets! love the way its made! keep the good work! if only we had an asset pack for korea... i wish to join the squad but english its not my first language and i dont want to hinder but i will join the server an at least can listen!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Grizzly.

i wish to join the squad but english its not my first language and i dont want to hinder but i will join the server an at least can listen!

That's completely understandable. You are still welcome to fill out an application and go on a check-ride, of course; I would say that if you can understand the SOPs posted on our website, you are fit to be a wingman in the squad, since, ideally, not much talking is done over the radios during an actual mission anyway. It's up to you if you would like to apply.

• Like 1

Sabre-MiG Showdown schedule has been changed. Event now starts at 1900 Zulu on Sundays.

KlTZ1tn.png

Going forward, we may try out a few different days/times to see what gets the best attendance. Top of forum post or Discord news channels will always be updated with the latest schedule.

Last Showdown, the two-man team of DJModeus & McGen nabbed 2nd place for the Reds. The Blues have definitely outnumbered the Reds during the last two events-- MiG drivers, get on up there!

jUEJKKu.png

Edited by SeaQuark

Heads up folks, the server has been moved to the brand-new 2.5 OpenBeta. I am pleased to report that my multiplayer mission seems to have made the transition without a hitch, running smoothly with no major bugs noticed yet.

After the 2.5 Stable is released, server will likely go back to the Stable, but for now I decided to move to the Beta so y'all can enjoy the fancy new graphics.

Heads up folks, the server has been moved to the brand-new 2.5 OpenBeta. I am pleased to report that my multiplayer mission seems to have made the transition without a hitch, running smoothly with no major bugs noticed yet.

After the 2.5 Stable is released, server will likely go back to the Stable, but for now I decided to move to the Beta so y'all can enjoy the fancy new graphics.

Oh no, please keep the server in the beta!