DCS sams

i dont know where to start from ill make it as short as i can and sorry for typos

1.SA-3 search radar (the P-19) doesnt indicate as "sa-3" on the RWR in real life if it indicates at all its a general search radar and can be used without any sam (it scans in the UHF freq too low for most of the moden RWR and jammers but can be jammed and tracked)

2.SA-3 can directly hit you when its not even semi active even if you pull 9 g's or it will just miss and go without exloding from the radio fuze it has ED PLEASE FIX (relevent only if the height is above 20 meters if not a K3 command from the system will explode it)

3.it has max range of 25 km (can bearly do 30 will never happen) but it wont shoot at you from even 5km sometimes and it doesnt matter how low i am because it was designed to engage in those heights

4.the ZSU-23 with his j band radar doesnt show when he search for you in the RWR he just magicly locks you and the jamming does nothing to him but in real life this system would fail from the smallest jammer because it was designed without a thought about it (maybe later versions fixed it but not the original one for sure)

5.the SA-6 doesnt get his own EW radar? he just going to use his own tracking radar to locate you? it will take him some times to search in any azimuth and elevation together to actually fund something

6.(im not sure about it) there is no way to noise jam a search radar? (atleast in the A10C) if i want to use the jammer but nothing locks me i cant? doesnt seem right and im not talking about VHF/UHF EW's even the ZSU-23 that im sure the jammer can handle with

7.missiles can follow after the target but will go into the water. do you think they didnt thought about it? the missiles are not stupid enough and i mean in every sam that dcs has to offer even the SA-3 had a setting against it because in the six days war the israelis found about it and used it against the sams (SA-2's not 3's)

8.jammers even do something to those sams? doesnt feel like it

Edited by shab249

5.the SA-6 doesnt get his own searc radar? he just going to use his own tracking radar to locate you? it will take him some times to search in any azimuth and elevation together to actually fund something

The 2S91 make Search / Tracking / illuminations, all on the same platform.

Kub-Hungary_01_MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

Additional radars as P-12/P-15/P-40 search radars, but a P-40 long track can be added to the battery as search radar to track High altitude targets.

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

The 2S91 make Search / Tracking / illuminations, all on the same platform.

Kub-Hungary_01_MiroslavGyurosi-1S.jpg

Additional radars as P-12/P-15/P-40 search radars, but a P-40 long track can be added to the battery as search radar to track High altitude targets.

it can serch but i meant EW radar like the P-40 will make it much more easy and effective than using the 2S91 for that

Couldn't agree more with point 2. 9 Gs, chaffing like crazy, and the SA-3 still hits 90% of the times. Ridiculous.

yea and its from the 60's without a semi active reciever on it... lets say a CEP or few tens of meters and even hundred for a fighting target but in DCS it has CEP of 5 meters or less