DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

11 minutes ago, S.E.Bulba said:

Yes you are right. The Mi-24 pilot has the ability to fire unguided weapons either individually from the left or individually from the right.

At the same time, one should take into account the peculiarities of aiming, due to the limited number of ballistic characteristics of weapons embedded in the ATsVU analog-digital computing device (IIRC, for example, on the Mi-24V only for the S-5KO & S-8M rockets and for the YakB-12.7 & GShG-7.62 machine guns).

That is, if you have different types of rockets hinged on the 1st and 4th weapon stations (S-5KO and S-5KP, respectively), then, for example, when firing rockets, you can first launch the S-5KO from the 1st weapon station in automatic mode using the ATsVU. Then switch to the right side and launch the S-5KP rockets from the 4th weapon station, switching to manual mode, introducing ballistic corrections into the ASP-17V gunsight.

AFAIK, no. From time to time, only the JTACs were used, who corrected the attacks of the Mi-24 by radio.

Reveal hidden contents

Original in Russian

Да, Вы правы. Пилот Ми-24 имеет возможность стрелять неуправляемым вооружением либо индивидуально с левой, либо индивидуально с правой стороны.

При этом следует учитывать особенности прицеливания, в связи с ограниченным количеством баллистических характеристик вооружения, заложенного в аналого-цифровое вычислительное устройство АЦВУ (ЕМНИП, например на Ми-24В только для ракет С-5КО и С-8М, и для пулемётов ЯкБ-12,7 и ГШГ-7,62).

То есть, если у Вас на 1-м и 4-м узлах вооружения подвешены разные типы ракет (С-5КО и С-5КП соответственно), то к примеру при стрельбе ракетами, Вы можете сперва выполнить пуск С-5КО из 1-го узла вооружения в автоматическом режиме с использованием АЦВУ. После чего переключиться на правую сторону и выполнить пуск ракет С-5КП из 4-го узла вооружения, перейдя на ручной режим, введя баллистические  поправки в прицел АСП-17В.

ЕМНИП, нет. Периодически использовались только передовые авиационные наводчики, которые по радио корректировали атаки Ми-24.

Thanks a bunch for all the info answers!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...

Acording to a new changelog it seems like Huey multicrew finally comes. Maybe it is very good news for a Hind either :). 

Introduced multi-crew for DCS UH-1H Huey.

Added the ability to play with multi-crew for the UH-1H. Up to four crewstation are available for cooperative play: pilot, co-pilot, left gunner and right gunner (if they are added in missions). Added multi-crew missions for the UH-1H helicopter.

Known Issues during playing with multi-crew:

• Possible desynchronization of the state (visualization) of the helicopter in case of damage and when requesting ground power before engine start.
  • When leaving the crewstation of the left (right) gunner into the spectators and back, the gunner's body-model may disappear.
  • There may be problems in the cockpit with controls that have axis settings commands (knobs for adjusting the volume, setting the altitude, etc.), if the controls is intended for another crewstation.
  • There is no visualization of the cargo mark on the cargo indicator (cargo position display).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maverick24 said:

Acording to a new changelog it seems like Huey multicrew finally comes. Maybe it is very good news for a Hind either :). 

Introduced multi-crew for DCS UH-1H Huey.

Added the ability to play with multi-crew for the UH-1H. Up to four crewstation are available for cooperative play: pilot, co-pilot, left gunner and right gunner (if they are added in missions). Added multi-crew missions for the UH-1H helicopter.

Known Issues during playing with multi-crew:

• Possible desynchronization of the state (visualization) of the helicopter in case of damage and when requesting ground power before engine start.
  • When leaving the crewstation of the left (right) gunner into the spectators and back, the gunner's body-model may disappear.
  • There may be problems in the cockpit with controls that have axis settings commands (knobs for adjusting the volume, setting the altitude, etc.), if the controls is intended for another crewstation.
  • There is no visualization of the cargo mark on the cargo indicator (cargo position display).

I made the same conclusion.

I really hope to see "finally" some news on the Mi-24 during the upcoming presentation "DCS World 2021 and Beyond"

My squad, Black Shark Den, made extensive tests of the Huey Multi-crew update last night and all reported very satisfied with the outcome. A few protocols to follow, but all said it was a blast! And that flying the aircraft as a solo again was just the same as usual.

So, hopefully this bodes well for the same functionality in the Mi24, (and all other helicopters and aircraft)....

looking forward to the roadmap promo video, and fingers crossed for some good news about the Crocodile!

• Like 1

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

On 12/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, diveplane said:

another hind video would be nice... and more screens.

All the fans of the Mi-24 are asking for that. A very nice video 5 months ago and than....nothing 😥

I think that we don't have to expect anything anymore for 2020, but we all hope to see new things during the first weeks of 2021.

As an exemple, So far I have only seen one Mi-24P skin. Same skin in all the different ED movies when the Hind was visible.

On the contrary, Polychop has just published the OH-58 with plenty of it 👍 I really like their way to communicate on their next module...who is also still in development.

Edited by Razorback

On 12/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Razorback said:

All the fans of the Mi-24 are asking for that. A very nice video 5 months ago and than....nothing 😥

I think that we don't have to expect anything anymore for 2020, but we all hope to see new things during the first weeks of 2021.

As an exemple, So far I have only seen one Mi-24P skin. Same skin in all the different ED movies when the Hind was visible.

On the contrary, Polychop has just published the OH-58 with plenty of it 👍 I really like their way to communicate on their next module...who is also still in development.

You see Hind cockpit and external 3D model images on "2021 and beyond" video. Wait to Wags start to put Hind Videos on a future and more info on the "2021 and beyond" newsletters incoming with the new year.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

4 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

You see Hind cockpit and external 3D model images on "2021 and beyond" video. Wait to Wags start to put Hind Videos on a future and more info on the "2021 and beyond" newsletters incoming with the new year.

That makes my day ! 😉

I am already impatient and curious to see what else we will discover in addition to what has already been shown during the flight over Syria.

Hate to say I told you, Razorback.

It's amazing how ED let's the hype for thsi module die down - AGAIN.

The hype got going in the Hornet video, years ago, with Wag's "What's this Hind doin here?" - then it just died out.

And now they are letting the same thing happen again.

Whatever happened to the "when we have something to show, we'll show it"?
The usual bull.

Only reason I'm touching DCS nowadays is a sertain C-130 mod

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

10 minutes ago, Grodlund said:

Hate to say I told you, Razorback.

It's amazing how ED let's the hype for thsi module die down - AGAIN.

The hype got going in the Hornet video, years ago, with Wag's "What's this Hind doin here?" - then it just died out.

And now they are letting the same thing happen again.

Whatever happened to the "when we have something to show, we'll show it"?
The usual bull.

Only reason I'm touching DCS nowadays is a sertain C-130 mod

We know that the things are going forward and I am pretty sure that we will see the release of the Hind in 2021...

A lot of thinks have been already done during 2020...Some of what we are not aware of (which is unfortunate).

Yes on my opinion there is a lack of communication but obviously not a lack of work ! 😉

May the faith be we you Grodlund...

Isnt that almost exacly what you said by this tame last year?
Hehehehe

Like I said then. I hope very much to be proven wrong 😄
Only time will tell

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

30 minutes ago, Grodlund said:

Isnt that almost exacly what you said by this tame last year?
Hehehehe

Like I said then. I hope very much to be proven wrong 😄
Only time will tell

I know that you are like me, one of those who await the Hind with enormous impatience.
For my part I have become a little more patient because I am confident in the work that has been done.
Before 2020 It was a lot of discussion on the Hind but we didn't see anything coming.
Even though we have been very, very calm over the last few months in relation to the module, we saw in Aug 20 with the video over Syria that things have really progressed.
The last delay seems to be mainly related to the Multicrew and this is now resolved.

We probably have to wait a few more months before a release but for me it doesn't matter. We can still wait but it will obviously be easier if we receive regular updates...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the same newsletter

Hind 2Q2021

Apache 3Q2021

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

4 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

Hind released in Q2? I'm really bummed. Was really hoping and saving money for sometime before summer. 

Q2 2021: April 1 - June 30 🙂

This is probably where you tell me you live in a part of the world where summer is on the wrong part of the calendar...

Edited by Bagpipe
  • Like 1

Hmmm.....June is summer...…and at least I use a calendar and know when summer begins

6 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

Q2 2021: April 1 - June 30 🙂

This is probably where you tell me you live in a part of the world where summer is on the wrong part of the calendar...

April to JUNE.....June is summer.....summer is June

4 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

Hmmm.....June is summer...…and at least I use a calendar and know when summer begins

Good that ED didn't say if they use astronomical or meteorological definition, but in the past they tended to the astronomical. Summer starts 21. june by astronomical definition, so release it on 20. june and they stand to the spring statement. 

I know that was a smartass comment, but i couldn't resist. 🍻

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

11 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

What I meant is you could be in australia and summer is in december. Chill out.

At this point I hope they release it on the 22nd just to mess with you 😉

• Like 2