DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

Imho mi-24 is on halt due to russian govt "niet".

ED has stated several times that they are not "allowed" to release certain modules, even very old modules not anymore in use by the russian forces i.e. mig23 etc etc......now the mi-24 is still very active in use by the russian aiforce....why should ED be allowed to release the mi24 (still in use) and not some older airplanes (not anymore in use)....there is a little bit of contradiction.

This story gets a little more embellished every time it is repeated.

EDs statements on the subject have always been along the vague lines of "it's tricky because we're Russian". When asked to clarify this they've always refused.

Someone has "missing" BSK has into the Mi-24 develop..... and remember what happens in the past with all your modules planned and in progress by that team, the continue "secret" and "lockdown" about any news, pics, etc.

We can speculate all "conspiratorial" theories we like, but BSK dont go to say nothing... if dont have someone to show.

And do you think ED/BSK can say someone about a Mi-24 module without a "approval"? and wasting resources building a module with other modules with a approval?

The news "lockdown" has nothing new.... all "speculated", planned and on progress modules are in the same situation from 2008 by ED / BSK and others 3rd parties.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

This story gets a little more embellished every time it is repeated.

EDs statements on the subject have always been along the vague lines of "it's tricky because we're Russian". When asked to clarify this they've always refused.

Yes, well Russia really might be a bit tricky in that regard. They have very strict anti-espionage policies. For example, if you were to go there and stayed for one day longer, than your visa allows, you might be in some pretty severe consquences. It doesn't really matter, if you were delayed, because you tried to cross Taiga on a motorcycle and got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere - you might have been spying on some military installations (true story). Soviet Union might be gone, but it's "habits" are still kicking in some places all across the former Iron Courtain (and I should know - I'm Polish ;) )

For the Hind - the only reason, I can think of, that Russian authorities would not want to agree on it being done for DCS are radio frequency channels of the Raduga-Sh guidance system. This is radio-command SACLOS system (so in essence a fired 9K114 Shturm missile could be considered an RC drone :D ), and if you know the frequency, you theoretically could jam the missile guidance.

With that being said, I find it hard to believe, that a well established company, like ED would go public with an announcement of Mi-24 and went to extend of teasing the gunner cockpit picture back in 2008, meaning that they already put some work into it, without first solving the legal issues out. That would indicate some sloppy work in the legal departament.

Even, if that was the case, it's even less believeable, that BelSimTek, with it's close ties to ED would go and make the very same mistake back in 2013/2014. Actually, since they already had their third-party licencing policy in place, ED could have easily licence a contractor operating from outside Russian legal zone.

So in general, I'm not buying it ;)

EDIT:

I must ask, and maybe someone already has, but why a P? Awesome, it's a hind, but not a D or a V?:D

Very good question, only BST/ED knows the answer to (probably). It's kinda weird, especially that there already is Mi-24V in DCS, with quite a good 3D model and a number of skins done for it. I'm certainly not happy with the Mi-24P being done, and judging from the poll on this topic, I'm not the only one.

Still "Hind-F" is what we are going to get and happy about it or not, I've gotta say - it's still better, than nothing ;)

Oh and BTW: I'm pretty sure, that once Mi-24P is out, someone is going to make 'flyable Mi-24V mod, based on the P :D

Edited by [105]-Rahon
Adding a response to Birko's post.

For some reason, I believe more in ED's claim that

Work continues the deadly Mi-24P HIND. Using many of the same systems as the Mi-8MTV2, this project is well underway and will be a great addition to the stable of DCS World helicopters.
from the January 4th newsletter than the opinion of a random person on the internet.

TL;DR: unless you can prove otherwise, your "humble opinion" is worthless.

Les jeux sont faits, rien ne va plus...

All bets are off

:D

From the latest Wags' video:

There is hope......for 2020/21 :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

No news regarding other modules...

Only Wags game setting for F-18

I don't care about Wags' game settings, there is a MI-24 icon in his module list, so there must exist something flyable.....hopefully.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Doesn't really need to be flyable. It may very well be a placeholder. Wags may have this icon on his desktop for quite some time now, as we pretty much know, that he already has, what seems to be Mi-24P external 3D model (see this post for reference). Though that doesn't indicate, it's anything flyable, with cockpit, aerodynamics and other goodies. Even the very icon itself is just copy-paste from Mi-8. So my money is on that, it's something rudimentary. Might make Mi-24P 'selectable' for player-control in Mission Editor, but not truly flyable ;)

The icon has been there for ages. Everytime Wags does a video where it is visible there is a few Sherlock Holmes that think they just solved multiple murders (also for other WIP modules). It does not reflect the state of any module in anyway.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Guys i know this icon is years old! I didn't saw it in one of Wags' latest videos but in the linked one from where i took the screenshot. So i just wanted to spread some sarcastic optimism, hence the "There is hope......for 2020/21". And if behind that Mi-24/8 Frankenstein icon is only a prototype Mi-8 with the Mi-24 FM for test purposes, i don't care as long as they work on it.

So stop stoning me! :music_whistling:

Well, using sarcasm on an international forum can be a hit or (fatal) miss. Quite often the later, so don't be surprised (and offended) when it backfire.

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

A new sarcastic observation :

Wouahhhh Gents, have you seen the last DCS Weekend news ?

Finally, a lot of information regarding the future Mi-24 module !

Oups sorry, it's on the F-16, a module announced by ED only two months ago...

Viper simers have more info in two months than us in more than 2 years !!!

Yes that's a very sarcastic reality...

...like when ED declare that they don't have forgotten about all the rotor-heads!

Don't worry, we are ready to wait two more weeks and even years....Because we become accustomed to this. Especially for this module...

Qui vivra verra...

I would strongly suggest all us ROTOR heads make sure and frequent the Razbam sub forum. They have recently asked if the community would be interested in a large helicopter like the CH53. While I think ED will eventually get us a decent Mi-24 module I do think it's a lower priority to them where as Razbam seems to work very quickly on modules and might just give us something new if they think there is enough interest.

Well, they are making an F-16C module of a specific country and a specific year and specific block. I am so

:smartass:
Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I agree. Viper will be hit.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II