After the Tomcat?

carss

If not the A6, then something that uses the swing wing and multi crew tech that they developed for the Tomcat. Like the Tornado ;)

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

The list of multi-crew variable-sweep wing aircraft would be:

F-111

Tornado

B-1

Su-24

Tu-22M

Tu-160

Although using their technology may of course also mean its either multi-crew or variable-wing sweep. Or even just superb looking ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The list of multi-crew variable-sweep wing aircraft would be:

F-111

Tornado

B-1

Su-24

Tu-22M

Tu-160

Although using their technology may of course also mean its either multi-crew or variable-wing sweep. Or even just superb looking ;)

You forgot the Su-17...;)

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

There going to do the F-15E Strike Eagle...;)

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I mean once the F-14 is well into EA with all major issues ironed out and all early and essential features implemented (Forrestal, A-6 etc.) as well as the Viggen getting out of Early Access and polished up I'd really love to see the A-6E as a flyable module, given that it would fit perfectly into the already created assets and environment Heatblur created (or is going to create) with the Tomcat. Like, come on, it's another Grumman aircraft!

Edited by Airhunter

Considering HB have shown to be true trail blazers in expanding the function and features within DCS (some quicker and better implemented than ED itself), I truly hope their next aircraft to be something that pushes the Platform further in as much being a fan favorite for us to fly, like the F14 is to DCS now.

I think the A6 is almost a given: similar analog avionics plus multicrew which HB pulled off marvelously in the 14. TBH, I think it's an easy and safe bet to develop. Considering that, my ask for HB's next aircraft is something more risky:

The C-130! Any variant will suffice, but I think the c130 will be the PERFECT challenge for HB to expand their capabilities and add utility to the Platform as they've done in the 14. There's some overlap, being a multicrew ac and I can see Jesters implementation working well in the Herc. And depending on version, analog avionics as well. There'd also be a few 1sts for HB: turbo prop, plus maybe their vision or implementation of true Logistical support in DCS.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility: Meta Aerospace Group, HB's new partners own a turboprop leasing company. While a big stretch, maybe HB could have access to the technical info for making a great turboprop model work in DCS.

Certainly, leveraging the assets and resources of a company is a key thinking point when considering partnership. I'm sure this was all considered in relation to DCS when Heatblur moved forward, especially considering Nicks recent comments on the matter.

Long story short, I think the c130 should be done by HB. Maybe not next, but if anyone were to blaze the trail and expand DCS's aircraft offerings past combat/trainer, I'd want it to be HB. And I know they'd give the Herc the justice it deserves. Cheers!

Edited by adonai

Considering HB have shown to be true trail blazers in expanding the function and features within DCS (some quicker and better implemented than ED itself), I truly hope their next aircraft to be something that pushes the Platform further in as much being a fan favorite for us to fly, like the F14 is to DCS now.

I think the A6 is almost a given: similar analog avionics plus multicrew which HB pulled off marvelously in the 14. TBH, I think it's an easy and safe bet to develop. Considering that, my ask for HB's next aircraft is something more risky:

The C-130! Any variant will suffice, but I think the c130 will be the PERFECT challenge for HB to expand their capabilities and add utility to the Platform as they've done in the 14. There's some overlap, being a multicrew ac and I can see Jesters implementation working well in the Herc. And depending on version, analog avionics as well. There'd also be a few 1sts for HB: turbo prop, plus maybe their vision or implementation of true Logistical support in DCS.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility: Meta Aerospace Group, HB's new partners own a turboprop leasing company. While a big stretch, maybe HB could have access to the technical info for making a great turboprop model work in DCS.

Certainly, leveraging the assets and resources of a company is a key thinking point when considering partnership. I'm sure this was all considered in relation to DCS when Heatblur moved forward, especially considering Nicks recent comments on the matter.

Long story short, I think the c130 should be done by HB. Maybe not next, but if anyone were to blaze the trail and expand DCS's aircraft offerings past combat/trainer, I'd want it to be HB. And I know they'd give the Herc the justice it deserves. Cheers!

Regarding the C-130 I think what they can do is incorporate a drop down menu somewhere, where a variant can be selected, it can be anything from a standard C-130 to an AC-130, to a KC-130 tanker, EC-130, to an MC-130 or even the longer C-130-30 etc. Knowing this airframe and it's unbelievable versatility I think that's an awesome idea!

ac-130h-19990803ac130a.jpg

kc-130-tanker.jpg

usafc130.jpg

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I think it's safe to say that if they were to model the Intruder, then it's almost a foregone conclusion that it would be post Vietnam in order for it to fit in with the era of their F-14(s).

Haha! Time to go back to '91!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

For the rafale i agree you, technical information is poor and Dassault dont like simulator project because image rights.

Maybe Dassault is changing its tune as it recently collaborated with a developer for a Falcon 8X module.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Hawkeye

C-130

Blackhwak

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I hope that Dev's see how much people are enjoying the RIO spot and it gives them the confidence to make an E-2 or similar.

This for sure. I've got a buddy who refused to touch any DCS plane, but when the Tomcat got announced and he heard he could be a RIO, he was psyched. Bugs me to play all the time now, it's great to expand the hobby XD.

I think Heatblur should do the F-4E Phantom instead of ED. ED has put F-4E at the bottom of their module list. I think ED would be open to releasing the rights to the F-4. The technology developed for the F-14 could dovetail nicely into a killer F-4 module.

Edited by Grimleo

I think Heatblur should do the F-4E instead of ED. ED has put F-4E at the bottom of their module list. I think ED would be open to releasing the rights to the F-4. The technology developed for the F-14 could dovetail nicely into a killer F-4 module.

Well as much i'd like to see that as well, I don't think it's realistic. Either heatblur is neck deep in the A-6 or the 14 is the last we see of them in DCS due to the Meta acquisition. Hopefully that isn't the case:cry:

Edited by Jester986

At least they haven't created the environments they planned. Viggen and Tomcat were both supposed to have maps...

The pre-purchase and module pages for the Tomcat don't mention a terrain, so don't expect one. It looks like it was mentioned as a hope in the first announcement back in 2015 when they were still Leatherneck, but I saw somewhere Cobra has already confirmed they're not committed to it and it's not coming as the terrain team went with Leatherneck/M3.