After the Tomcat?

carss

That said I'd be equally happy with an F-8D or F-8E Crusader :)

A Crusader would be a very nice surprise as well as make for a very good playmate for RAZBAM's MiG-19.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I kinda disagree with some being said here. I don't think making aircraft such as English Electric Lightning would be a great idea. It's not a very popular plane. I don't know how many people would buy it and fly it. I know, at least, I and many of my friends wouldn't. If I have money, why bother spend $30-50 on something like L-9 or Yak-52. Also, Heatblur's mission, as a company, is not to fill the DCS with anything that has wings. Its goal is to make money by serving the community with popular plane modules. As the rank of 3rd party developers grows thin, it is vital for good companies like Heatblur to concentrate resources and effort on things that would have a decent market. It's just a matter of sound business strategy.

"English electric lightning not a popular plane"

Hahahahahahaha good one xD

Nah but really, it's a popular aircraft but not as popular as others still to come I know- but something that's definitely on my wishlist that I'll wait a long time for.

Anyway that's OT, let's get back to the Tonka, a very popular plane which would be a sound business strategy...

Edited by Birko

F-15E, A-6E, F-111D & F and Tornado would all be excellent choices. My first pick would be the Strike Eagle followed by the Intruder. A Super Hornet family model would also be a welcome addition, but considering the similarities to DCS F-18, it places lower down the list.

I was going through a list on wikipedia and pasted into excel to do some filtering.

Selection of jets first flight(prototype flew) from 1965 to 1989, over 20 built, not experimental.

Note: I put Razbam down for British Sea Harrier as the list doesn't have the same model but close enough.

List looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203671&stc=1&d=1549116365

I decided to look at 1950-1964 and there are lots of interesting jets in that era:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203672&stc=1&d=1549117433

attachment.php?attachmentid=203673&stc=1&d=1549117433

Overall, I'd love to see more of the jets from today's era in the game. But Heatblur really brings the 3rd gen fighters to life very well. I think the Russians need more planes in DCS. So I would probably vote for anything Russian.

edit: or even the Tornado

The list from wikipedia is huge, but once you filter out the experimental aircraft it shrinks big time :)

JetsForDCS.thumb.png.53fd61425821fd18212325f0de3e1cc3.png

JetsForDCS50-64p1.thumb.png.b3a73387eaa329ee45485f4b0be9d271.png

JetsForDCS50-64p2.thumb.png.62aec2a17ccaf294ef630acbede89ead.png

Edited by Kazius

Create your post from advanced mode. Then use attachments to upload images. If you want the picture in the post then right click on the hypertext to for the image you uploaded and do a copy link. Then in the post create the image tags and put the address inside the tags or click on the image icon in the advance post quick bar and paste the link into the address field and bobs your uncle.

I'm as hopeful for the A-6E as for the J-35 Draken. Both are (AI) models in production and I can't help thinking they probably got some good specs on both of those birds. The Draken is a good fit with the viggen and a natural opponent for the MiG-19 and 21. The A-6E is a great companion to the Tomcat and good fit for DCS, the depth of the systems is probably right up Heatblurs alley.

I'm sort of leaning more towards the Draken really because it must be easier to make than the avionics heavy Intruder - and it looks so bad ass.

Just out of curiousity. why are ya'll excited about the tornado? cuz of it's history? a plane I was never really interested in... what am I missing? lol

IIRC, it was a 2 seater sweep wing figher bomber, but mainly did bombing and SEAD

correct?

Honestly, we could really use some high fidelity russian stuff from the 4th gen. I would love a complex Mig29 or Su 27, or a mig 25 or a 31... on MP servers, there really isn't good for the red side

Edited by razorseal

Just out of curiousity. why are ya'll excited about the tornado? cuz of it's history? a plane I was never really interested in... what am I missing?

It is one of the most iconic modern European aircraft of all time.

IIRC, it was a 2 seater sweep wing figher bomber, but mainly did bombing and SEAD

correct?

There is also a version dedicated to air defense, now no longer in service.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Because one of the best PC flight simulatons of all time was based on the Tornado. I can only imagine what could now be achieved with the stunning graphics and ability to accurately create these flight models. It is also a warplane that saw combat. Looks great can carry a wide array of weapons and would operate in situations that are exciting for flight simulation. I can say that with confidence because flying interdiction missions with the viggen creates situations that increases your heart rate. If you’ve never read the book Tornado down I would recommend it. The chapter where they run into the target and get shot down is gripping. I’ve also been so impressed with the way in which HB has included the A.I R.I.O with the Tomcat and feel this could be incorporated so neatly with a Tornado.

Should Heatblur make one of course.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Just out of curiousity. why are ya'll excited about the tornado? cuz of it's history? a plane I was never really interested in... what am I missing? lol

correct?

Honestly, we could really use some high fidelity russian stuff from the 4th gen. I would love a complex Mig29 or Su 27, or a mig 25 or a 31... on MP servers, there really isn't good for the red side

It's an iconic cold war aircraft, it fits with Heatblur's previous work very well because it shares a lot with both the Viggen (role, performance) and Tomcat (multi-crew, swing wing).

I kinda disagree with some being said here. I don't think making aircraft such as English Electric Lightning would be a great idea. It's not a very popular plane. I don't know how many people would buy it and fly it. I know, at least, I and many of my friends wouldn't. If I have money, why bother spend $30-50 on something like L-9 or Yak-52. Also, Heatblur's mission, as a company, is not to fill the DCS with anything that has wings. Its goal is to make money by serving the community with popular plane modules. As the rank of 3rd party developers grows thin, it is vital for good companies like Heatblur to concentrate resources and effort on things that would have a decent market. It's just a matter of sound business strategy.

With all due respect, that popularity crap can go to hell :)

Many people did get L-39, Yak-52, and Christen Eagle II, and loving them. Some of the best modules of DCS are obscure aircraft like the Viggen.

I'll take any of those over another Meh-16 Boring Falcon copypasta thank you very much. Meanwhile, you and said friends can enjoy those, you have what you want, others have what they like, everyone's cool ;)

Lightning isn't my favorite aircraft, but it can add a lot to an increasing number of aircraft from its generation in DCS, and I'm sure I'd eventually get it because it would have interesting flight characteristics.

Serving the community does not necessarily equal to making "popular plane modules".

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

correct?

:D