Gun Camera Wishlist

-Martin-

1. On the L-39 special tab it is possible to dismount the gun-camera from L-39ZA (keeping the gun-sight, naturally). This works perfectly in SP, but in MP this setting is apparently overridden by the server, or it is by default mounted if the server does not have the L-39 module installed. Would it be possible to make the client setting priority so I can enjoy a dismounted gun-camera also in MP?

2. If an appropriate option is selected, the gun-camera exports firing solutions as pictures into tracks. In the folder L-39C/Cokpit/GunCamera there are several files that define how the gun-camera behaves. Would anyone have any idea how to mod them so that the gun-camera saves the pictures it takes into a file? I would love to review my firing solutions without looking at tracks.

Best Wishes

Agreed, it's a shame ED's solution is a video FX box, generated as you fly or replay the track (neat feature but of little use), rather than Gun Cam still photo/screenshots for after action review.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just had a quick test wih my own dediacted server and I had no gun-camera in my pit. Do you happen to know which server setting prevents the player from hiding the gun-camera? If you don't, please state a public server which prevents it.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, Flappie said:

I just had a quick test wih my own dediacted server and I had no gun-camera in my pit. Do you happen to know which server setting prevents the player from hiding the gun-camera? If you don't, please state a public server which prevents it.

The thing is, if you DON'T own or set the module to remove the gunsight, it will mount it ON EVERY L-39

If it's your server, and you have the Gunsight removed, it will remove it.

If you enter another server, without the owner having the L-39 configurated to remove the gunsight, it will mount it overriding the Special settings of the user

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...