[FIXED] RB-75 is an unstoppable terminator missile

Nerd1000

There is currently a max airspeed of the target for the sensor to keep tracking it. The missile should be able to track targets travelling up the 450 km/h (240-ish knots) currently, assuming it stays in the seeker FOV and slew rate. At least we have the missile able to track airborne targets.

No problem tracking helicopters and slow flying aircraft. Might tweak the value a bit.
However, it is not a air-to-air missile, even if it is tremedously fun to use it that way.

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your answer @Jediteo. 👍

I almost never use the Rb-75 for this purpose. I did it once in the official campaign at the time of the Rb-24/74 crash bug, and once yesterday because I had nothing else under my wings and a Su-33 was flying very low and very slow right in front of me. I will give it another go nonetheless. Maybe the aircraft was way too close to me.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've just done a quick test mission. I was able to hit an E-2D 9 times out of 20, which is very good for an air-to-ground weapon.

It seems the sunlight affects the efficiency: only 2 hits out of 11 when the sun was on my nine o'clock, then 7 hits out of 9 when I was facing the sun. Good to know for the next time I face an unsuspecting Su-33! 😀

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.