Mirage 2000B or N Razbam next development?

blast

Hey guys,

I know that the actual version of the M2000C is not completely finished, but based on their experience with the M2000C is there a chance that Razbam develop a biplace version such as the M2000B ?

I know it would be a significantly different plane but some (many?) of the features could be reused and make the devs a bit more convenient for Razbam?

It would be awesome to have a M2000 that has better ground attack capabilities and we could fly with another copilot.

It would be awesome to have a M2000 that has better ground attack capabilities and we could fly with another copilot.

We will have the Strike Eagle for that:

post-230-0-05366900-1348234606.jpg

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

the 2000-B is a trainer version based on the -C, it has the same systems and hasn't more AG capability, even less as it losses its guns.

The N is the nuclear detterance one, the latest ones can carry unguided bombs.

it is propably the -D you are talking about, it is a dedicated AG version ( AG radar ) based on the -N, but is a lot more recent than the C, still in use, and will probably stay in use for quite a long time. it is very unlikely that RAZBAM could make it, IF they wanted because the avionic/radar would have to be done from scratch.

if there was a second version of the same plane to be made, it would be better to make a mirage IIIE, the upgraded multirole version of the mirage III, with better avionic ( RWR ), better A-A radar, better AG load out including guided and anti-radar missiles. It would also be a better opponent to Mig-21bis/F-5E-3/F-4E than the IIICJ.

Edited by Vilab

AFAIK the mirage III is in razbams plans. It's a perfect addition to the f5/f4/mig21/mig19 bunch and a legendary plane of the golden era of dogfighting. A lot of people have high expectations from it.

The D version is a wonderful attack plane but a lot of its systems are still classified so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

However I admit that flying the D low and sickenly fast with terrain following autopilot in a modern deep strike setting would be a dream...

AFAIK the mirage III is in razbams plans. It's a perfect addition to the f5/f4/mig21/mig19 bunch and a legendary plane of the golden era of dogfighting. A lot of people have high expectations from it.

The D version is a wonderful attack plane but a lot of its systems are still classified so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

However I admit that flying the D low and sickenly fast with terrain following autopilot in a modern deep strike setting would be a dream...

Though the Mirage III variant they have said they are doing is the Mirage IIICJ so it earlier variant and lacks allot of the systems and capabilities that a Mirage IIIE has.

Edited by mattebubben

Strike Eagle? Im fairly sure that project got put in the cold for now, its also not on their current roadmap so IF they were to revive this, it is going to be years, and not your usual DCS years but maybe even a decade.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Strike Eagle? Im fairly sure that project got put in the cold for now, its also not on their current roadmap so IF they were to revive this, it is going to be years, and not your usual DCS years but maybe even a decade.

Well they said a while ago that they put it on hold waiting for the Air-Ground radar from ED (That will come with the F/A-18C).

Similarly to some of their other projects that require Air-Ground Functionality.