DCS Alpha Crashes when mission ending (Log file included)

DCS crashing on mission exit if you used the F10-map is a known issue. Do you also experience crashes if you don't?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

There has been an update today of the drivers of oculus rift. I'm not have problems when i end a game now.

Regards

Edit: In multiplayer i have crash problems again. Not in the single game.

Edited by Luismon
  • 4 weeks later...
I had the same problem and a number of forum users suggested turning off "Deferred Shading"

in the VR options page. Works well for me and no more crashes at the end of a mission, I can refly etc without difficulty.

Thanks, but with Deferred Shading being their highlight of the 2.1 update, it being the cause of game crashes is rather bad. Hopefully it'll get sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any progress on the crash on mission if you go to F-10 view while using Oculus? This has been ongoing for far too long

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Yo guys! The workaround is as follows:

In your DCS folder under scripts / demoScenes there's a file called SceneVR.lua. Delete this file.

You won't see the hanger behind the main menu anymore but DCS won't crash when you exit a mission if you have used F10. Yes, this bug has been in for FAR too long. We should pony up and buy someone at ED a Rift so they can see how annoying it is.

• Like 1

The work around does stop the crashing, however you have to go back in and re-apply every time DCS update DCS Alpha

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...