Track Replay!

blklobo

I really wish fix track replay error on some module. Example Letherneck Simulations module. MiG-21bis, AJS-37. I love so much these module, then I try on every day how to make great movie about them.

But I can not. Everytime I feel super sad when tracks are broken. What reason cause error? I really worry how to do when track broken F-14A too.

I cant find any information in the ED forum about this problem. What reason cause? If I know I will try fix it. Please fix this problems.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I really wish fix track replay error on some module. Example Letherneck Simulations module. MiG-21bis, AJS-37. I love so much these module, then I try on every day how to make great movie about them.

But I can not. Everytime I feel super sad when tracks are broken. What reason cause error? I really worry how to do when track broken F-14A too.

I cant find any information in the ED forum about this problem. What reason cause? If I know I will try fix it. Please fix this problems.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

The track feature comes from ED so every module is affected by the inaccuracy of it.

ED knows about the broken track replay and according to Wags the problem was bigger than expected but they are still looking for a fix.

If I remember correctly I've read that only the control inputs and events are being recorded. If lags, stutters or anything else that corrupts the recording of the control inputs occurs the track will break.

I'm not really sure if that's correct. It would be great if it wasn't and the tracks would work accordingly but I doubt that there is any possible way to fix it on our own.

I'm expecting a correctly working track replay function after the merge of both DCS versions as there won't be a need to fix it for two different version then.

If I remember correctly I've read that only the control inputs and events are being recorded.

Yup, I think so too. That's why it's basically a replay of everything that happened in the mission. And if the recorded replay deviates from the original mission, the track gets fubared.

Most importantly, don't use time acceleration (neither during the original mission nor during replay), that is almost guaranteed to garble the replay.

I also think that computers that run DCS smoothly have less problems with replay than computers that work at the edge of their capabilities in terms of CPU, GPU, RAM and possibly also HDD access times.

I think that some movie makers used the following trick: Slow down the replay! That gives DCS more time for the calculations, and chances are that the replay will work better then. Then, in the video editing software of your choice, speed it up by the same amount. This is not guaranteed to work, but as a workaround it might be worth a try.

Ultimately, I guess recordings will have to capture the entire state of the game world every now and then, and use these captured states to make sure the replay works correctly.

(Or maybe they're working on something entirely different, who knows.)

...Most importantly, don't use time acceleration...
That's true. You should be patient.

To me, ED will solve this problem amazingly and surprisingly. They will bring a new dimension on it. I think we should wait for it. This is not an information and no source. I just believe in ED. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

removing any AI units, especially AI airplanes will help you a lot too. While you are still flying your path, the AI could be different than when you played the mission (happened to me a few times) and if you aren't lucky, they'll shoot you down before the replay finished so you can't see everything.

I think reducing huge amounts of units, placed over the whole map, might reduce the chance to get a corrupt track recording as well.

Track problems occur even if there are zero AI of any kind. The problem goes much deeper than that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

For what it's worth, I have one of the earlier versions of DCS 2. I don't remember exactly which. It has virtually no track recording issues. The DCS updater allows you to downgrade, and you can also install multiple copies of DCS on a machine. If you're looking to make movies, finding an older stable DCS version could be one way to do it. Of course, not all modules and features will be compatible with old versions of the sim.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 4 months later...

Would love this to be fixed. My reasoning is a bit more subtle and I think would be a win / win for ED , module makers & users.

I Love playing in VR. If the track replay issue was more reliable I could record a flight (say a aerobatics flight). When I have friends over & want to experience VR, what a perfect way to show the potential.

Imagine a Full track replay of a 9 ship RED ARROWS display were you could just sit in the front or back seat of any of the HAWKS or what ever aircraft.

It would be great if module makers could demo thier modules by releasing tracks (which you couldn't take control of) for you to experience the module.

As a marketing tool I think it would be really powerful.

As with the above example of a RED ARROWS display, I would pay a small amount for a track of a display.