Bombing ranges and aeronautical charts

Sniper

I would like to apologize for posting in English on Russian-speaking forums, but although I'm learning Russian, my knowledge of this beautiful language is still poor. :(

On LockOn EN I couldn't find an answer to the following questions, therefore I decided to post here.

I would like to know names and locations of bombing ranges used by Russian Air Force in North Caucasus Military District. I would also like to know where can I obtain Sectional Aeronautical Charts and Terminal Area Charts for Krasnodar Region or other parts of Russia. :smartass:

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 14 years later...

Yes, i am bumping a 15 year old thread 😄 And sorry i bring capitalist language to the comrades board, but my Russian is non-existent. Yet i think chances are better here than on the English forums.

I have been looking for info on Soviet/Russian bombing ranges too in the Caucasus for quite a while now, but with no results.

I know Krasnador was home to the 802nd Training Regiment including Su-25 and Mi-8 in the 1980s and Maykop that time was holding the 761st Training Regiment with Mig-21 and Mig-23. Gudauta held Su-27 (529th). But where did they do their weapons training? Do you guys know any bombing ranges in the area of our Caucasus map?

Cheers, DF

image.png

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions) | Persistent KB shortcuts | Proper coalitions system |