Anyone with a cougar...

bflagg

Need your help...

I've programmed my new cougar..and in the cougar key test module, I am getting responses to what I've programmed the button for...

I've downloaded the profile to the cougar, launch lock on and nothing works except for the trigger and S2. (these appears to be directX mappings).

I've tried to clear any mappings for the cougar in the lockon input screen and still nothing.

suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Brett

I got a cougar myself.

Have you cleared everything from the input options? And then just setup your axes. And the buttons you have setup for DX.

But only clear the commands for the cougar, if you happened to have cleared the keyboard commands, that may be it.

Assuming you're using Foxy to program your keystrokes and its key test feature to test each button's response once the tmj and tmm files are programmed and downloaded to the Cougar.

Make sure, you go to CCP (Cougar Control Panel) under the HOTAS Cougar start menu and check the "Button & Axis emulation ON/OFF" to "Green (ON)". Without this the Kitty (Coug) is only a direct input joystick outside of Foxy and the Kitty tools. The only buttons DX'ed with emulation selected On would be the ones specified in the Foxy profile as DX buttons, but if emulation is Off all buttons are DX'ed (direct input). You should also setup the startup options under the startup tab in CCP to have emulation On/Off be default and I'd strongly recommend saving a manual calibration (auto cal is not good, for reasons I won't get into right now).

Hope this helps! :)

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Need your help...

I've programmed my new cougar..and in the cougar key test module, I am getting responses to what I've programmed the button for...

I've downloaded the profile to the cougar, launch lock on and nothing works except for the trigger and S2. (these appears to be directX mappings).

I've tried to clear any mappings for the cougar in the lockon input screen and still nothing.

suggestions anyone?

Im sure u want to learn the programming yourself, but if you need a lomac profile to start with download below. I found it easier to learn the programming by looking at how someone else had done it.

Cougar profile for lomac

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]