47 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Because DCS is "single threaded", the server will run on different cores, hence you will get a performance boost because the server will offload the client.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes and I can certify that : yesterday I played in solo mod a Crisis in PG Gazelle mission in VR : it was nearly unplayable with very low FPS ... Then I played the same mission on my dedicated server and it worked like a charm (except for the Iranian Mig-29 that tracked me in the mountains and shot me with a R-60 😳 ) ! 

• Like 1

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

You need to install DCE campaigns on your DCS World OpenBeta server installation like in DCS World OpenBeta ... you will need modscript.lua modification on the server installation too.

Use the DCE_Manager to install it and then to generate a firstmission... Then you launch the server (changing options as you like) and load the mission on the server and launch it ... to be sure to be on time pause the server. Launch you normal game and find your server on MP... You have time to read the brief then unpause the server and be ready to fly 😉

At the end of the mission you can leave the server on your normal game installation (like a normal player)  then, you stop the mission on the server GUI : the debrief and next mission generation will appear so you can proceed like usual.

One special thing for the firstmission : the server always launch the last played mission when you open it. So if you close your server after the end of a firstmission even after adding the next mission to the mission list be careful. If the firstmission is still in the list it will launch automatically next time you open your server. You will have to stop the mission generating a debrief txt but even if you refuse the result of the mission there will be a problème at the end of the next mission flown : the result of the firstmission will not be the good one 😞 it will be the last launched result and not the one played and accepted... sorry it's a bug ... 

The solution is to generate a nextmission just after the firstmission end and upload it on the server then delete the firstmission to be sure it will not be launched next time you open the server ! Of course if you play the nextmission just after the firstmission there will not have problems anymore.

I hope i'm clear enough ...sorry for my bad english 😞

Edited by PB0_CEF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Metal_121 said:

Yes got that and I tried again with the Falcon PG campaign and this time it worked, I must clicked the wrong combp somehow. Now when I got the missions at the server.. how to start the mission, in single play I choose the campaign and start from there in the server I need to select it, so is it Falcon over PG_ongoing or Falcon over PG_First, the cmp file is not selected in the server browser. I'm new to DCS server and just want it get right so I can enjoy it.

Also in SP uyou get this bat file running how does that work in the MP, do I need to be at the server and select the options or is it done automatically? Sorry for all the questions, I guess some will answer themselves as I get the campaign running in MP.

Well the simpliest way to fly a Falcon campaign with DCE for now is to use the Hornet over Caucasus campaign we released after the 2.7 OpenBeta was released. You will be able to use the DCE_Manager we provide to install and generate the first mission then the others in MP so you can chose your plane. You can see my post just above to see how to use a dedicated server 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

Hi

If you play with DCS open beta which is now in version 2.7.0 : all campaigns are incompatible (except the one we put in test : Hornet over Caucasus-CVN
In this case, you have to wait for Cef to upgrade these campaigns

if you play with DCS world, you must absolutely play the first mission and that it is well taken into account by DCS.
And for that, it is absolutely necessary to launch FirstMission.bat before playing the first mission.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Thanks.

Now I´m in the process to make the old campaign "Crisis in PG-Fulcrum IRIAF-Light" compatible with the recent open beta.  Thanks to the manual in the Hornet over the caucasus campaign I have to do the following steps:

- the old campaign is based on a version of scriptsMod 20.43.00 (possibly 20.38.00 but...)
- re-save the base_mission.miz file with the DCS mission editor
- have a ScriptsMod.NG folder (provided for example with the first test campaign "Hornet
over Caucasus-CVN")
- change the path.bat line this way:
set "versionPackageICM=NG

Ok,so far so good. But it seems like I missed a step. ( DCS crashed during the loading of the 1st. mission) So, Opening the base_mission.miz in the mission editor is no problem,but what does "re-save" mean?

Edited by Semor76

forum.png

So, I'm playing Falcon over pg and the ato decided it was OK to generate a 2 vs 8 intercept mission. It was AWESOME! I realised that once I was out of ammo i could just rtb, rearm and go back at it. Not only that, when the 8 baddies had died I noticed other baddies going about their business. Well, what about landing and rearming again and going after these guys too? It was the best mission ever. And the campaign status was duly updated. This would not be possible without DCE so a massive thanks to mbot,cef, Miguel and whoever else contributed to this

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 11:29 PM, Semor76 said:

Dont know if this is mission related, but is there a way to shut up my wingman?  He constantly (every 2 seconds) reports contacts who are 150-200 mil. away during the entire flight^^

Edit. Mig-29 Campaign.

🧐
?
not to my knowledge, DCS bug?
In 2.7.0?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

17 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Thanks.

Now I´m in the process to make the old campaign "Crisis in PG-Fulcrum IRIAF-Light" compatible with the recent open beta.  Thanks to the manual in the Hornet over the caucasus campaign I have to do the following steps:

- the old campaign is based on a version of scriptsMod 20.43.00 (possibly 20.38.00 but...)
- re-save the base_mission.miz file with the DCS mission editor
- have a ScriptsMod.NG folder (provided for example with the first test campaign "Hornet
over Caucasus-CVN")
- change the path.bat line this way:
set "versionPackageICM=NG

Ok,so far so good. But it seems like I missed a step. ( DCS crashed during the loading of the 1st. mission) So, Opening the base_mission.miz in the mission editor is no problem,but what does "re-save" mean?

move a little bit a unit (and still, it is not obligatory, ... but good)

save the mission with the same name: base_mission.miz

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, Miguel21 said:

move a little bit a unit (and still, it is not obligatory, ... but good)

save the mission with the same name: base_mission.miz

Thanks for your help.

But still no luck for me. Even if I reinstall DCE from scratch and do all the steps described in the readme´s DCS still crashes during loading the first mission. You can try it by yourself if you like. Maybe I´m too dumb for this ^^

Anyway, thanks to you and CEF for all your work. Seems like we have to wait till you guys sort all the problems out.

Greets

forum.png

24 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

You can try it by yourself if you like. Maybe I´m too dumb for this ^^

we didn't say that anyone is too dumb for that ^^
We'll look at it when we have time, for now we're working on "stabilizing" the adaptation of DCE on 2.7.0.

Yesterday's DCS patch seems to have tweaked the spawn conditions on the sixpack again... and it's completely ruining our deck organization

😞

19 hours ago, bonfor said:

So, I'm playing Falcon over pg and the ato decided it was OK to generate a 2 vs 8 intercept mission. It was AWESOME! I realised that once I was out of ammo i could just rtb, rearm and go back at it. Not only that, when the 8 baddies had died I noticed other baddies going about their business. Well, what about landing and rearming again and going after these guys too? It was the best mission ever. And the campaign status was duly updated. This would not be possible without DCE so a massive thanks to mbot,cef, Miguel and whoever else contributed to this

thank you, it's a pleasure to read you ^^

In fact, we don't have too much positive feedback, to be honest, we don't know exactly how many of you play DCE and if it's successful

😅

Edited by Miguel21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

Hello,

Just tried updated 2.7 Hornet campaign in dedicated server mode on my PC and it really works! Before it was completely unplayable in VR and now its fine.

One bug I noticed - my wingie got stuck on CAT4 and never took off. Dunno if it is DCS or DCE issue.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpGleamingVampireCoolCat-7qXqZV7giZlxCjbZ

Mission from server attached.

Hornet over Caucasus-CVN_first.zip

1 hour ago, ataribaby said:

Same thing happened with my wingman on second mission. This time on CAT1. Tested same missions in single player and all ok them so this must be bug of DCS dedicated server MP.

yep, thanks
I still have a few adjustments to make

But I'll have to look at the way the dedicated server handles spawns, it seems different and incongruous... ^^

DCE_Manager

1 hour ago, ataribaby said:

Yep order of planes on the deck is completely different in SP and dedicated server MP. I am afraid it is DCS bug about wingman get stuck on CAT.

What are your dedicated server options?

resume manual
resume on load
resume with client

???

DCE_Manager

16 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Resume manual is set there.

Well, it's not hopeless ^^

Normally, you should spawn on the sixpack (I think you didn't get that in your interceptor mission)
1/ It's a DCE bug
But you also need to set the server to "resume manual", with the other settings, you won't be on the sixpack, which will lead to the DCS bug

2/ if you spawner on the back deck, your n°2 will try to hang on the cat 4, and there _a bug (DCS/SC bug)

3/ I still have some concerns about the F18 wingman radios, I don't understand everything ^^

Conclusion: I have to force the sixPack spawn in multi

DCE_Manager

Well, forget about option D (Single player with Dedicated server)

The dedicated server is a bit buggy on taxiing and catapulting, or at least, very different from a MP (on one's PC) or Single Player transfer

I suggest that if you still want to use the dedicated server, you generate the missions via the N or T option.
In this case, the majority of the AI of the CVN spawn in flight: thus more problem ^^

DCE_Manager

2 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

Running the latest F-14 in PG campaign and I cannot get the cat crew to activate. Tried requesting launch, tried rearm, I am on time. Any tips- or is this just a bug in the current 2.7?

which script do you use?
which singleplayer method? (if you play in single player)

DCE_Manager

2 minutes ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

I downloaded and installed the latest version as of today, using the installer. I load up in SP and select the player slot. Spawning in is fine, including flight members etc. 

ok, so, since the release of DCS 2.7.0, our DCE campaigns are no longer compatible.

For the moment, we propose in test only one compatible campaign: "Hornet over Caucasus-CVN ".

We hope to release the others soon

DCE_Manager

If the mission is completed about 12 times, the mission will not be completed and the record will not be recorded.

I ran the campaign about 5 times, but I always have the same problem.

It doesn't appear to be my problem because there were no problems with the Crisis campaign.

And thank you so much for making this Dynamic Campaign. This is the only reason I do DCS without BMS.,