Not what I believe of, it is hard to kill submarines with only two Spitfires.
I will try to kill something this time.

Also, I am not sure if I should have the savedGame path in path.bat set to the full path, or only:
set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS\"

I don't think I have ever put the full path in, including many of the other DCE campaigns, they have worked ok. Maybe worth a try though...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Sadly it seems, the error-dialog still comes up (even though units has been killed), but a new mission has been generated though...

Running DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat I still get this:

I:\Spel\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\luae.exe: ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.20.38.01\Debrief_Master.lua:46: attempt to call a nil value
stack traceback:
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.20.38.01\Debrief_Master.lua:46: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

Line 46 in Debrief_Master.lua tries to load the file:

MissionEventsLog.lua

which seems not to be generated (cannot find it).

Oh well. 🙄

@Scotch75

Okay, got it working now. Needed to do 2 things plus 1 which I did earlier, and maybe a fourth thing:

1. Create a folder named Active in your Campaign folder.

2. Create a folder named Debriefing in your Campaign folder.

(The folder structure should look like the attached image file in this post)

3. Download the updated EventsTracker.lua file (and replace the original one as instructed) from user @kgd192 from this post (I guess then you need to fully specify the DCS saved games folder in the path.bat file in the Init folder):

4. Maybe run FirstMission.bat manually from command prompt in the campaign folder.

folder_structure.jpg

Edited by Vantskruv

@Vantskruv, well done, wow that's a lot of work. There must be some scripting code not quite working in those adapted campaigns.

I'll try to have a go over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Or it is something wonky with my Windows-system, as it seems to work for others? Or maybe not so many people are using this DCE campaign system...

I wonder though, I have attacked that persistent and annoying uboat several times, record is 62% damage with the help of three of my wingmans. Still I fail that mission, and it has 100% life in debriefing. I thought the damage would be cumulative through missions in the campaign? Maybe I should try the P51 or P47 and see if they have better munitions. 😛

On 12/31/2020 at 11:18 PM, oscar19681 said:

I just installed the latest version of Falcon over persian Gulf. But everytime i end a mission the mission debrief script wont load and i get an error message.

Not only does it prevent me from progressing in the campaign, every time i get the error message DCS locks up as well.

Hi,
And sorry for the delay,
If you have a DCS blockage, look in the FAQ in my signature, question/answer 1

Otherwise, it looks like an installation problem, in this case, see question 2 of the FAQ.

And finally, what exactly is your error message?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Does anyone have a working DCE campaign for the A10CII they can share? Does such a beast even exist?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 1/3/2021 at 8:54 PM, Vantskruv said:

@Scotch75

Okay, got it working now. Needed to do 2 things plus 1 which I did earlier, and maybe a fourth thing:

3. Download the updated EventsTracker.lua file (and replace the original one as instructed) from user @kgd192 from this post (I guess then you need to fully specify the DCS saved games folder in the path.bat file in the Init folder):

4. Maybe run FirstMission.bat manually from command prompt in the campaign folder.

folder_structure.jpg

Well, I arrive after the battle ^^

Yes, indeed, 2 files were forgotten in this campaign, Active and Debriefing, sorry.

then, the code evolves regularly, the version 20.38.01 did not take into account the whole path of the save game, since at the time, we had not yet found how to detect the movement of this folder in another hard drive than the C .

The example in the path.bat file given in this campaign was:

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS\"

So we had to do the same thing.

But you found it by yourself, congratulations ^^

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Miguel21

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

24 minutes ago, zildac said:

Does anyone have a working DCE campaign for the A10CII they can share? Does such a beast even exist?

I know that CEF is currently working on a campaign that includes, among other things, the A-10CII

a little more patience ^^

DCE_Manager

I know that CEF is currently working on a campaign that includes, among other things, the A-10CII
a little more patience ^^
Thanks Miguel

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I'm having an issue with the Tomcat over Persian Gulf campaign on openbeta. I can't get the launch crew to lauch me on the cat.
Selecting "Request launch" doesn't have an effect.

Does anyone have an idea what i might be missing?
I have had this happen when AI aircraft are nearby entering recovery mode. The deck crew will remain clear for the landing(s), then it will all reset to normal. Maybe wait up to 10 minutes to see if anything lands.

Cheers!

I'm having an issue with the Tomcat over Persian Gulf campaign on openbeta. I can't get the launch crew to lauch me on the cat.
Selecting "Request launch" doesn't have an effect.

Does anyone have an idea what i might be missing?
Salute?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 1/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, Vantskruv said:

@Scotch75

folder_structure.jpg

Hi Vantskrv,

Outstanding tip! Thank you. Now all my DCE campaigns are working fine.

Tks a lot!

On 12/31/2020 at 11:18 PM, oscar19681 said:

I just installed the latest version of Falcon over persian Gulf. But everytime i end a mission the mission debrief script wont load and i get an error message.

Not only does it prevent me from progressing in the campaign, every time i get the error message DCS locks up as well.

Yeah plus one there, the same.

I've just installed Tomcat over the gulf and SC, with last scriptMod20.38.01, but after the first mission, when exiting, DCS CTD on the loading screen, but i have debrief of mission, and script generate the second one in a dos box....anyway....DCS is crashed:

In the log file i have "ERROR   SCRIPTING: Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\SIMU\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007E29.lua"]:979: Unit doesn't exist
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'getPlayerName'
    [string "C:\Users\SIMU\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007E29.lua"]:979: in function 'onEvent'
    [string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:13: in function <[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:11>

Any idea ?

Seems a superb work !

when i exit the first mission, i have the debriefing in tetxt format, then the script generate the next mission, but DCS is loscked in state 3

2021-01-22 13:28:18.744 INFO    VISUALIZER: StopSimulation
2021-01-22 13:28:18.787 INFO    VISUALIZER: Stopped collection of statistic.
2021-01-22 13:28:18.881 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

On 1/22/2021 at 12:51 PM, pieroboy99 said:

Yeah plus one there, the same.

I've just installed Tomcat over the gulf and SC, with last scriptMod20.38.01, but after the first mission, when exiting, DCS CTD on the loading screen, but i have debrief of mission, and script generate the second one in a dos box....anyway....DCS is crashed:

In the log file i have "ERROR   SCRIPTING: Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\SIMU\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007E29.lua"]:979: Unit doesn't exist
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'getPlayerName'
    [string "C:\Users\SIMU\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00007E29.lua"]:979: in function 'onEvent'
    [string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:13: in function <[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lua"]:11>

Any idea ?

Seems a superb work !

Hello

Try this

• Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

On 1/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, Miguel21 said:

Hello

Try this

Thanks Miguel,

Sadly, I tried it with no luck. Still the same: after the first mission, exiting, DCS is crashed (lock ?), though i can read the debriefing text and the batch generate the "ongoing" second mission. But DCS won't iterate the campaign, so i'm stucked with mission 1.....

any idea ?

hi again

I've just run DEBUG_debriefmission.bat and here's the result:

h:\DCS World Openbeta\bin\luae.exe: ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.20.38.01\Debrief_Master.lua:46: attempt to call a nil value
stack traceback:
        ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.20.38.01\Debrief_Master.lua:46: in main chunk

C:\Users\SIMU\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Tomcat over PG - SuperCarrier>

Would it help ?

On 1/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, pieroboy99 said:

Thanks Miguel,

Sadly, I tried it with no luck. Still the same: after the first mission, exiting, DCS is crashed (lock ?), though i can read the debriefing text and the batch generate the "ongoing" second mission. But DCS won't iterate the campaign, so i'm stucked with mission 1.....

any idea ?

if you've done what Scotch75 wrote about "full screen optimisation" and it doesn't work, I don't have much of a solution anymore.

Except that, personally, I think it's a graphical problem, and that it can be useful to clean the graphical drivers with a utility like DDU.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

DCE_Manager

On 1/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, pieroboy99 said:

hi again

I've just run DEBUG_debriefmission.bat and here's the result:

Would it help ?

DEBUG_DebriefMission is only useful if, at the end of a mission, the generation of a next mission has failed.

In this case, there must be 3 temporary files (next to DEBUG_DebriefMissiondebriefMaster😞 MissionEventsLog.lua, scen_destroyed and camp_status.
These temporary files are the result of the previous played mission.

In your case, DEBUG_DebriefMission crashes because it can't find the 3 temporary files, logical ^^.

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

14 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

DEBUG_DebriefMission is only useful if, at the end of a mission, the generation of a next mission has failed.

In this case, there must be 3 temporary files (next to DEBUG_DebriefMissiondebriefMaster😞 MissionEventsLog.lua, scen_destroyed and camp_status.
These temporary files are the result of the previous played mission.

In your case, DEBUG_DebriefMission crashes because it can't find the 3 temporary files, logical ^^.

Merci beaucoup, camarade ! 😉

I searched but I did not find an answer. For the campaign Tomcats over PG I am trying to swap out the Iranian F-14B for the F-14A-135-GR. When I change the type to "F-14A-135-GR" in the 'oob_air_init.lua' I get an error when running the first mission bat. Not so when I change it to "F-14A". But that is also the name of the default AI F14A that comes with DCS. How do I differentiate between HB F-14A and the default F14A?