No, it's not turning. It seems that this always happens when there is no GPS support from above.

When I forgot to swith to IFA in Hornet over PG Super carrier, another problem showed up:

The SPI, after marking via VVSL for the TPOD, was far off the intended location.

There is a quiet detailed INS aligment instruction somewhere in the forum, but it does simply not behave like it should.

I even tried to work around by setting up the sat/nav in the ME and the DCS options. It's still not available.

Is there an option in those lua files to activate it?

EDIT: I manipulated the conf.lua file to have the player flight starting with running engines: Bomb fall line looks normal!

In a former test I set the mission date from 1986 to 1996 and tried INS alignment with switching to IFA at the end what gives me a failure.

A hotstart seems to work well in both dates. I think the INS alignment (without GPS support) on the carrier is still bugged somehow...

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Hi Guys,

All the AA assests for the Syria Campaign is done. Most of the Red static units are already done as well.

I know how this looks. But there is a buffer zone where you are safe unless you are right next to a SAM site. I've flown from Ramat David all the way to Hayat in a M2000 without even a single SAM being fired at me.

I'll just finish the Blue assest and fiddle around with the campaign triggers. Since I intend this to have a moving frontline of sorts, where you transfer to an airfield closer to the front.

95b2f5c62c5d9465ee018c15198d477b.thumb.jpg.9f015258b6c1e60858977575a5e6d28d.jpg

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi Guys,

All the AA assests for the Syria Campaign is done. Most of the Red static units are already done as well.

I know how this looks. But there is a buffer zone where you are safe unless you are right next to a SAM site. I've flown from Ramat David all the way to Hayat in a M2000 without even a single SAM being fired at me.

I'll just finish the Blue assest and fiddle around with the campaign triggers. Since I intend this to have a moving frontline of sorts, where you transfer to an airfield closer to the front.

Oh boy,

that looks like heavy radio chatter and burning aircrafts falling out of the sky!

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Oh boy,

that looks like heavy radio chatter and burning aircrafts falling out of the sky!

You must be talking about the 1st version of this. This is actually the 4th revision of the AA assests. Lol

I wanted it to be challenging but still fun and rewarding.

Those with a keen eye would already see that there are 3 key SAM sites. Take those 3 out and you would have a clear alley from Israel to Turkey.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Anybody had the problem of AI flights blocking the deck of the Super Carrier? Happens in PG and TF71.

It looks like the carrier quits launch operations while aircrafts are rolling to the cat when other AI flights arrive back from their mission.

Besides that everything works so incredibly well!!!

I hope that this can get fixed in DCE not DCS what will take much longer.:music_whistling:

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Anybody had the problem of AI flights blocking the deck of the Super Carrier? Happens in PG and TF71.

It looks like the carrier quits launch operations while aircrafts are rolling to the cat when other AI flights arrive back from their mission.

Besides that everything works so incredibly well!!!

I hope that this can get fixed in DCE not DCS what will take much longer.:music_whistling:

This essentially happens at the beginning of the mission?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

No mate. I usually realize it in mid flight while checking the boat with F9 or on my way back to the carrier: When an AI Flight returns from a mission while another flight is taxing or gets hooked up to a cat. The deck crew moves into landing position and no aircraft will leave the deck anymore. Everything is stucked and you can watch waveoff after waveoff. Can be a single hornet sitting in the wires, blocking the angled deck or a group of aircrafts behind the bow cats what leaves the angled deck free for a trap, but with same result.

I want to express how much fun I have (and already had) with DCE once more. The described issue is something that ED has to fix with the commanding AirBoss but perhaps you guys have a work around.

:thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

I have 3 DCE campaigns installed. The original installation was the F-16 and it works fine. I then added the F-18 and F-14 DCE campaigns. They worked fine until I have to end the mission. Then I get Script error message. DCS freezes and I have to Cntl Alt Del in order to get out.

I have checked and rechecked the path.bat and l made changes to the paths to coincide with my system. I looked in the f-16 path bat to compare because the f-16 works correctly but the paths in the path.bat for the F-16 don't make sense. They seem to point to an f drive which I do not even have on my system. The directory is DCS but I have DCS OpenBeta yet the F-16 works like it is supposed to. I am totally baffled and frustrated. The instructions they give you might as well be written in chinese. You basically have to be a programmer to understand them. I am a newbie can't we have instructions that are written for us so we can understand them. I am on the verge of giving up on these DCE campaigns. I have spent more time trying to fix them than I have flying my planes. There has to be a simpler way.

Mission Script Error

[string

c:\users\my name\appData\local\temp\DCS.OpenBeta (a nil value)

stack trace back

c:?

{

[string

c:\users\my name\appData\local\temp\DCS,OpenBeta V~mis00003559.lua]239: in function on event

[string scripts/world/eventHandlers.lua) 13: in

function<string "scripts/world/eventhandlers.lua"]:11>

• Like 1

The path has to point in your DCS(OpenBeta) Directory. I was struggeling too, at the beginning. Today I don't know why. The instruction is really good.

And if you don't have an f: directory it can only be wrong, or?

You have to change two paths! The other must point to your DCS(OpenBeta) User Savegames. It works like hell and is so much fun. [ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDCE path adaption.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t0 ID:\t7128959","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7128959","data-size":"custom","height":"15","width":"572"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Stick to your strike package!

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

67662654_DCEpathadaption.thumb.jpg.31ed18a5a373df6e3295a606dfb2b6fb.jpg

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Hi guys, good morning,

Well... Without asking too much, any news for a Viper DCE on Syria map, please? Please? Please? Please?

LOL

Really, I love the DCE campaigns and I am looking forward for the Syria scenario with it.

Keep it up!

All the best,

Sydy

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDCE path adaption.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t99.8 KB ID:\t7128961","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7128961","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your reply. I had done exactly what you have stated. My main DCS is in C:/ program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta. In the Path Bat I had changed it to that path. And when I changed it in the F-16 to the actual path it worked as well. That is why I am so baffled. I will try changing it again and see what happens. Below is my path bat. Can you see anyting wrong. On the original path bat I have the \ after each line. For some reason in the path. below \ does not show up.

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \

set "pathDCS OpenBeta=c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games/DCS.openbeta"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =

set "versionPackageICM=20.38.01"

This is the path Bat to the F-16

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \

set "pathDCS=e:\DCS World OpenBeta"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =

set "versionPackageICM=20.38.01"

I don't have a drive E on this computer. Sorry I said F. I have 2 computers. On one the path bat is F and on the other it is E. And the F-16 works fine on both. One thing to mention the path in the path.bat was there by default. I changed nothing for the F-16. I even took the F-16 path bat and copied it to the F-18 and F-14 and still I got the same error message.

Yeah mate... it's sooooooo obvious. :-) Just kidding. "END EVERY LINE WITH ---> \ <---

In your savegame line is a " / " instead of " \ "

Change it and I'm sure it will work!

Don't forget to config your missionscripting.lua file after a patch. "--" must be added in two lines there again.

When you need to config your campaign, checkout the campconf.lua file. You can adjust the pre launch time on the deck, exclude night time mission and lots of other stuff.

Now make the Navy proud and Happy Hunting!

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Yeah mate... it's sooooooo obvious. :-) Just kidding. "END EVERY LINE WITH ---> \ <---

In your savegame line is a " / " instead of " \ "

Change it and I'm sure it will work!

Don't forget to config your missionscripting.lua file after a patch. "--" must be added in two lines there again.

When you need to config your campaign, checkout the campconf.lua file. You can adjust the pre launch time on the deck, exclude night time mission and lots of other stuff.

Now make the Navy proud and Happy Hunting!

No I did end every line with \ in the actual path bat and the save game line in the path bat was correct as well. It was just a misprint in the copy. Yeah I did the config in the missionscript.lua as well. It is a great campaign if I can get it only to work. I have tried everything. I have actually stopped it from freezing although still freezes on occasion but the script error message still pops up. Not sure if everything tallies correctly. The tally sheet at the end of the mission and the dos window do not pop up like they do in the F-16 missions.I will have to play a mission or 2 and see if it will tally everything correctly. I appreciate your help. If you can think of anything else please let me know. Be safe. Cheers.

Do you alway use the "firstmission.bat" after first install or after changes you made?

So the window pops up during a mission and not when you end it?

If I remember right, I saw this in former DCE campaigns on occasion.

Did you disable older scriptmod versions and double checked if the latest scriptmod is activated?

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Oh boy,

Ok That is what I meant to ask you. I read that in the instructions and I am not sure what that means or how to do it. That is what I meant that the instructions where a little hard to understand. Do you just have to click on the first mission bat or is there something else you have to do to it. Please excuse me I am a newbie and just learning all this stuuf. I thank you for your patience.

Yes, klick the file and a black window (not widow) will pop up and ask you if you want to continue. After few seconds you can choose between the different tasks.

• Like 1

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

I have 3 DCE campaigns installed. The original installation was the F-16 and it works fine. I then added the F-18 and F-14 DCE campaigns. They worked fine until I have to end the mission. Then I get Script error message. DCS freezes and I have to Cntl Alt Del in order to get out.

I have checked and rechecked the path.bat and l made changes to the paths to coincide with my system. I looked in the f-16 path bat to compare because the f-16 works correctly but the paths in the path.bat for the F-16 don't make sense. They seem to point to an f drive which I do not even have on my system. The directory is DCS but I have DCS OpenBeta yet the F-16 works like it is supposed to. I am totally baffled and frustrated. The instructions they give you might as well be written in chinese. You basically have to be a programmer to understand them. I am a newbie can't we have instructions that are written for us so we can understand them. I am on the verge of giving up on these DCE campaigns. I have spent more time trying to fix them than I have flying my planes. There has to be a simpler way.

Mission Script Error

[string

c:\users\my name\appData\local\temp\DCS.OpenBeta (a nil value)

stack trace back

c:?

{

[string

c:\users\my name\appData\local\temp\DCS,OpenBeta V~mis00003559.lua]239: in function on event

[string scripts/world/eventHandlers.lua) 13: in

function<string "scripts/world/eventhandlers.lua"]:11>

This is what i mean when i say my stuff broke

every mission now ends in a errror. I have f14 camps and one that miguel changed the flanker to the jeff for me.

P80, miguel? Anyone?

Is there an updated DCE Campaign (using the latest version) that has a Land-Based, Blue Squadron set in the Caucasus? I believe all the latest Campaigns are Carrier-based.

Hoping to fly a Viggen campaign, but I can always modify it to fit what I want. I know there's an older Viggen campaign, but that's a bit outdated now.

Is there an updated DCE Campaign (using the latest version) that has a Land-Based, Blue Squadron set in the Caucasus? I believe all the latest Campaigns are Carrier-based.

Hoping to fly a Viggen campaign, but I can always modify it to fit what I want. I know there's an older Viggen campaign, but that's a bit outdated now.

We are in the same boat. I found two Viggen DCE campaigns: "Viggen over PG" and "Nordic Battle". I don't like the first one so much as it feels like it is the same as the "Hornet over PG" just with a different plane but the "Nordic Battle" seems to be pretty good, with Viggen-style targets (railway stations and such). But it is far from being up-to-date...

But I hope you get some additional tips as I will try out those too :)

Hi guys,

How do the "interception" missions work? You start with a hot plane and have to wait until something happens? How long does that take, usually?

Thanks!

Well interception missions are not perfect for players (a little better for IA). In the briefing you should have a distance and azimuth and you will have to take off as soon as possible to have a chance to intercept them. It’s difficult because often CAP make the job or targets go back home before interception but sometimes you can do it ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Yes, klick the file and a black window (not widow) will pop up and ask you if you want to continue. After few seconds you can choose between the different tasks.

Hi again. I did first mission bat didn't work. I gave up. I installed DCS 2.5 reinstalled DCE and now everything works fine. I don't think this works in openbeta. At least it doesn't for me. Anyways thanks for all your help. I am just happy it is now working. Take care and be safe. Cheers.