What’s up folks! I downloaded the latest Hornet over Persian gulf supercarrier campaign. But everytime I start up the first mission it loads and then CTDs on me. Did the latest DCS update break it? Any solutions ?

I tested it : no problem : an installation problem maybe ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Hello,

I am having some trouble with Eagle_01’s P-47 Normandy DCE. Im completely new to all of this, and im a bit lost.

I installed the campaign as instructed, then changed the paths in the path.bat and camp_init.lua

to match my configuration for Openbeta, and edited the mission scripting file in UTF-8. When I try to launch Firstmission.bat, I get this message:

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: cannot open ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.ScriptsMod.20.38.01\BAT_FirstMission.lua: No such file or directory

C:\Users\ejton\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\WWII Normandy P-47D>

Im sure I messed up when I edited the paths to accommodate openbeta, but im not sure where or how?

Hello,

I am having some trouble with Eagle_01’s P-47 Normandy DCE. Im completely new to all of this, and im a bit lost.

I installed the campaign as instructed, then changed the paths in the path.bat and camp_init.lua

to match my configuration for Openbeta, and edited the mission scripting file in UTF-8. When I try to launch Firstmission.bat, I get this message:

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: cannot open ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.ScriptsMod.20.38.01\BAT_FirstMission.lua: No such file or directory

C:\Users\ejton\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\WWII Normandy P-47D>

Im sure I messed up when I edited the paths to accommodate openbeta, but im not sure where or how?

I second this. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked my file paths.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

sorry if this has been asked before is it possible to swap out aircraft say in the Harrier PG campaign for JF-17's ? without changing the core scripts and lua files ? For example just changing the aircraft in the base miz file ?

Thanks Just wanted to play the campaigns with a different aircraft instead of say the SU-25 campaign but with the JF etc.

Hi

I keep getting a mission script error when ending my mission. I've tried the India-Pakistan war (mig 21) as well as the mig 21 campaign on the Nevada map with the same results.

I have followed the steps in the pdf, and tried everything listen in the FAQ. Any idea what might be going wrong?

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \

set "pathDCS=D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \

set "pathSavedGames=C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =

set "versionPackageICM=20.38.01"

camp = {

title = "Desert Fishbed 76", --Title of campaign (name of missions)

--path = "C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Desert Fishbed 76/", --path of campaign folder

mission = 1, --campaig mission number

date = { --campaign date

day = 6,

year = 1976,

month = 4,

I second this. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked my file paths.

Hi fellows, based on the what you said, on the version in path.bat is incorrect. Please remove ScriptMod from the version. It should be just 20.38.01 instead of ScriptsMod.20.38.01. On the bright side, it looks like all the paths are correct.

I'll correct that on the next update

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi

I keep getting a mission script error when ending my mission. I've tried the India-Pakistan war (mig 21) as well as the mig 21 campaign on the Nevada map with the same results.

I have followed the steps in the pdf, and tried everything listen in the FAQ. Any idea what might be going wrong?

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

set "pathSavedGames=C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

camp = {

title = "Desert Fishbed 76", --Title of campaign (name of missions)

--path = "C:\Users\Fred\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Desert Fishbed 76/", --path of campaign folder

mission = 1, --campaig mission number

date = { --campaign date

day = 6,

year = 1976,

month = 4,

Hi Fred, I notice your saved games path is the complete path and both core and saved games paths doesn't end with a \.

Please remove C:\Users\Fred\ from the saved games path. And make sure both core and saved games path ends with a \ then run FirstMission.bat

Edited by Eagle_01

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

sorry if this has been asked before is it possible to swap out aircraft say in the Harrier PG campaign for JF-17's ? without changing the core scripts and lua files ? For example just changing the aircraft in the base miz file ?

Thanks Just wanted to play the campaigns with a different aircraft instead of say the SU-25 campaign but with the JF etc.

Hi Shrike, unfortunately not, since there are no aircraft in the base mission file. The script is responsible for adding the aircraft.

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

REM do not modify this file

REM The paths are to be modified only in the file Init/path.bat

call Init/path.bat

start "Generate First Mission" cmd /k ""%pathDCS%bin\luae.exe" ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.%versionPackageICM%\BAT_FirstMission.lua"

**Note, the last '\' symbol does not appear in the quote box, but is there in the files.

Looks like it should work. Still doesn't. Checked my directories, and everything is correct. The script just draws a blank. If I try to generate a mission after the stock first mission, the script says it's unable to open the files in the scripts mod directory.

Edited by riboyster

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Hi fellows, based on the what you said, on the version in path.bat is incorrect. Please remove ScriptMod from the version. It should be just 20.38.01 instead of ScriptsMod.20.38.01. On the bright side, it looks like all the paths are correct.

I'll correct that on the next update

That fixed it for me! Thank you so much Eagle_01!

Hi Guys,

Quick question? Are your ground/air kills suppose to be recorded in DCE campaigns. I just noticed after a few missions of the latest "Hornet over PG Supercarrier". They dont get recorded on the campaign page or the logbook. If this is normal, thats cool. If not what could I have done wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Quick question? Are your ground/air kills suppose to be recorded in DCE campaigns. I just noticed after a few missions of the latest "Hornet over PG Supercarrier". They dont get recorded on the campaign page or the logbook. If this is normal, thats cool. If not what could I have done wrong?

Thanks.

DCE can track on map structures and static objects destructions but I don't think DCS can do that. I think it can only track live ground objects. DCE uses lot of static and on map structures to be more FPS friendly so only DCE stats are available sorry

Having issues with Carrier Ops on the new supercarrier Hornet over Persian Gulf. The TACAN gives corresponds to the Marine small carrier, not the Theodore Roosevelt, making CASE 3 just about impossible. :) Also, the Carrier group often decides to start turning randomly after I have initiated my approaches/comms. Can be very frustrating after long missions. Any help?

Hi Fred, I notice your saved games path is the complete path and both core and saved games paths doesn't end with a \.

Please remove C:\Users\Fred\ from the saved games path. And make sure both core and saved games path ends with a \ then run FirstMission.bat

Now it works. Thanks. Let's hope I'm better at driving the MiG than I am at dealing with code!

On a related note, the MiG 21 skin for the India - Pakistan war campaign doesn't work. I checked user files, and though there are lots of skins from the period, they all seem to be outdated and no longer work. Shame.

I seem to be eternally stuck on the First Mission (P-47D, Stable). No matter how many times I fly it, I never move forward to another mission. What am I doing wrong?

Hi HotTom, that is a weird issue. Since after a mission, when you click end mission. The 2nd mission and all following missions would be the P47_ongoing.miz. Which is a different mission by default.

Is there a DOS window and notepad that comes up when you exit the mission?

Having issues with Carrier Ops on the new supercarrier Hornet over Persian Gulf. The TACAN gives corresponds to the Marine small carrier, not the Theodore Roosevelt, making CASE 3 just about impossible. :) Also, the Carrier group often decides to start turning randomly after I have initiated my approaches/comms. Can be very frustrating after long missions. Any help?

Put this file in your Init folder of Hornet over PG - Supercarrier campaign folder replacing Base_mission.miz file THEN use Firstmission.bat to generate a brand new campaign with good Tacan and ILS. Sorry for this bug :(

base_mission.miz

Hi HotTom, that is a weird issue. Since after a mission, when you click end mission. The 2nd mission and all following missions would be the P47_ongoing.miz. Which is a different mission by default.

Is there a DOS window and notepad that comes up when you exit the mission?

Yes. Do I need to enter something there?

HT

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

Yes. Do I need to enter something there?

HT

Hi HotTom, yes, the DOS window is what generates the next mission. You have to choose to accept the results or not. If you accept, you will start the process of generating the next mission.