Thanks, that was my mistake. Everything looks good now. One additional question, it appears that the carrier won't assign me a cat to launch from, I taxied to different ones and the ground crew just ignored my aircraft. I tried calling them on the correct frequency to no avail. Any idea?

Please look post number 1931

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Thanks, that was my mistake. Everything looks good now. One additional question, it appears that the carrier won't assign me a cat to launch from, I taxied to different ones and the ground crew just ignored my aircraft. I tried calling them on the correct frequency to no avail. Any idea?

Had this problem as well, I was taxiing all around the carrier to no avail, until I realized I was too early. I checked the mission briefing and I was not due to take off until 8min later. I waited, trying to call the tower to request startup every minute. Around 2min before my take-off time they reply "Cleared to startup". After that I could taxi and the ground crew hooked me up. Wingmen also aligned on catapults with me, which was not happening before.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I really love DCE but I have a big feature wish!

- More robust multi-flight package support for MP (maybe even more than 2 flights?). It already works well enough but sometimes the join steerpoints can be a bit weird / misaligned for completely successful TOT.

- Dedicated HOLD Steerpoints with PUSH times for ingress. This too would improve multi-flight package gameplay even more and give better quality TOT

Had a blast over the last few days playing the "Falcon over Persian Gulf" campaign (version 20.38.00 on DCS 2.5.6.52196 Open Beta). Installation was a breeze and the campaign runs surprisingly well - even in VR. Well done! :joystick:

A few observations that aren't exactly campaign breaking, but perhaps ideas for improvement:

- In the Aircraft Order of Battle (oob_air_init.lua) there are active Hornet reserves (VMA 331), but no active Viper reserves (e.g., R/13 TFS). Is this perhaps a remnant of the Viper campaign being based on a Hornet campaign?

- The Viper loadouts have the AIM-120s on pylons 2 and 8 and AIM-9s on the wingtip pylons 1 and 9. I believe the standard IRL loadout for the Viper (and also the standard DCS loadout) is to carry the AIM-120s on the wingtip pylons.

- On a number of occasions the mission generator goes into a loop of not being able to create new missions because there are "not enough ready aircraft for all clients". On one occasion this even happened for the first mission in a new campaign with all aircraft available. I'm not entirely sure what is causing this, but perhaps some balancing tweaks to the Order of Battle could reduce the likelihood of this happening early on in the campaign.

hi. the firstmission.bat cant seem to find my tf 71 - supercarrier folder. I have open beta and the lines in the path.bat looks like this:

REM Core or Main DCS ou DCS.beta path, always end the line with \

set "pathDCS=f:\DCS world OpenBeta"

REM DCS or DCS.beta saved game path, always end the line with \

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

REM DCE ScriptMod version not any / or \ and no space before and after =

set "versionPackageICM=20.38.00"

And the error message looks like this:

C:\Users\dsven\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\TF-71-Hornet - SuperCarrier>

I have no idea what to do. Got it working with the f-14 campaigns..

Thanks for any help!

set "pathDCS=f:\DCS World"

set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS"

Had this problem as well, I was taxiing all around the carrier to no avail, until I realized I was too early. I checked the mission briefing and I was not due to take off until 8min later. I waited, trying to call the tower to request startup every minute. Around 2min before my take-off time they reply "Cleared to startup". After that I could taxi and the ground crew hooked me up. Wingmen also aligned on catapults with me, which was not happening before.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem in the Hornet over Persian Gulf SuperCarrier campaign. The solution from line #1931 or #2002 did not help. The catapult operator does not respond to me. Out of 20 attempts, it succeeded only 2 times.

Had a blast over the last few days playing the "Falcon over Persian Gulf" campaign (version 20.38.00 on DCS 2.5.6.52196 Open Beta). Installation was a breeze and the campaign runs surprisingly well - even in VR. Well done! :joystick:

A few observations that aren't exactly campaign breaking, but perhaps ideas for improvement:

- In the Aircraft Order of Battle (oob_air_init.lua) there are active Hornet reserves (VMA 331), but no active Viper reserves (e.g., R/13 TFS). Is this perhaps a remnant of the Viper campaign being based on a Hornet campaign?

- The Viper loadouts have the AIM-120s on pylons 2 and 8 and AIM-9s on the wingtip pylons 1 and 9. I believe the standard IRL loadout for the Viper (and also the standard DCS loadout) is to carry the AIM-120s on the wingtip pylons.

- On a number of occasions the mission generator goes into a loop of not being able to create new missions because there are "not enough ready aircraft for all clients". On one occasion this even happened for the first mission in a new campaign with all aircraft available. I'm not entirely sure what is causing this, but perhaps some balancing tweaks to the Order of Battle could reduce the likelihood of this happening early on in the campaign.

In OOB the VMA331 not put inactive is an error : it should be :

inactive = true,

in the second line like other reserve units ;)

I will change F-16 loadout the next update :thumbup: (you can do it yourself if you wish in the db_loadout.lua file in the Init folder then use Firstmission or Nextmission.bat...)

And I will look at loadout settings to help mission creation...

hi. the firstmission.bat cant seem to find my tf 71 - supercarrier folder. I have open beta and the lines in the path.bat looks like this:

C:\Users\dsven\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\TF-71-Hornet - SuperCarrier>

Thanks for any help!

Try to copy/paste the F-14 campaigns path.bat file to not working campaigns ...

Thanks for any help!

in your error message, what exactly does it say?

... The specified access path cannot be found. ?

or

... No such file?

In the first case, DCS patch is bad

In the second, the versionPackageICM is bad (or the folder doesn't exist)

PS, for information, to correctly display the slashes in this forum, you have to display these lines between the CODE tags

REM a traduire: chemin du Core ou Main DCS ou DCS.beta, toujours finir par un \
set "pathDCS=D:\___DCS___\"

REM a traduire: chemin du SavedGame de DCS ou DCS.beta, toujours finir par un \
set "pathSavedGames=Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\" 

REM a traduire: version du ScriptMod de DCE, aucun / ou \

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Unfortunately, I have the same problem in the Hornet over Persian Gulf SuperCarrier campaign. The solution from line #1931 or #2002 did not help. The catapult operator does not respond to me. Out of 20 attempts, it succeeded only 2 times.

It is possible that planes at the landing may interfere with the consideration of your departure.

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

in your error message, what exactly does it say?

or

In the first case, DCS patch is bad

In the second, the versionPackageICM is bad (or the folder doesn't exist)

Well, it says:

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\TF-71-Hornet - SuperCarrier>

So i guess the patch is bad. is it a lost cause then?

I go the old f14 dce campaigns working. at least before the latest patch. havent tried after.

Thanks for all the help

Awesome missions PB0! Thank you.

I am having one issue with the F18 campaigns, namely the PG one.

For missions with multiple CVN flights in the same package, it is impossible to make my takeoff time and I completely miss the package. I was given a takeoff time of 6:42, but the generator gave an AI 4-ship a 6:40 takeoff and another AI 4-ship a 6:41. By the time my flight got off the deck, our package was already over its target.

Is there a way to delay the JOIN waypoint for the package to accommodate for the traffic jams on the deck?

I have reduced the time between catapult launches to 5 seconds and increasing the 'startup' time, but it seems like I need to add the delay in either the takeoff logic or the holding logic over JOIN.

Thanks!

E: I think I may have solved it by increasing the time between catapult launches. It seems to be adding the delay in between the flights now.

Edited by snaxx

DCE Campaign

Hi I read the pdf file and was able to figure out the installation. After that I was lost. I find a lot of these instructions are difficult to understand by newbies such as me. Are we supposed to make changes to the scrip file and what are the changes that we have to make. Remember I am a newbie so please in plain English so I can understand. Also when I start the game I get the message " sanatizemodule ("os") in missionscripting.lua has not been disabled. Mission results will not be accounted and campaign will not progress." How do I disable this module. Thank you.

Harrier over PG campaign needs some love...

Seems the Stennis likes to collide with other ships in its fleet ending your campaign.

Why load tanks full of fuel for a 20min mission, you end up dumping every single mission, its unrealistic.

Always 2 fights of 2, even when attacking 2 targets.

Other than that it's decent fun.

Well, it says:

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\TF-71-Hornet - SuperCarrier>

So i guess the patch is bad. is it a lost cause then?

I go the old f14 dce campaigns working. at least before the latest patch. havent tried after.

Thanks for all the help

Yes these paths are bad

set "pathDCS=f:\DCS World"

DCE_Manager

Awesome missions PB0! Thank you.

I am having one issue with the F18 campaigns, namely the PG one.

For missions with multiple CVN flights in the same package, it is impossible to make my takeoff time and I completely miss the package. I was given a takeoff time of 6:42, but the generator gave an AI 4-ship a 6:40 takeoff and another AI 4-ship a 6:41. By the time my flight got off the deck, our package was already over its target.

Is there a way to delay the JOIN waypoint for the package to accommodate for the traffic jams on the deck?

I have reduced the time between catapult launches to 5 seconds and increasing the 'startup' time, but it seems like I need to add the delay in either the takeoff logic or the holding logic over JOIN.

Thanks!

E: Seems like the ATO_FlightPlan.lua was built with AI catapult starts in mind with a goal to clear all the AI off the deck before the player finished their start up. Maybe I can move the boat away from the JOIN waypoint somehow? More space in the air to catch up would also solve the problem.

It is true that this part deserves to be rewritten.

But right now I don't have the time.

It's been very difficult to get something "almost" satisfactory...

You'll have to play on the SC_ or CVN_ options in conf_mod

DCE_Manager

Hi guys,

Me and my mates just played the first mission from the Falcon over PG and it was awesome! Such a great work that you guys are doing!

But I would need some help as I was running into an error when the script tried to generate the next mission after the debriefing:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: ../../../ScriptsMod.20.38.00/DC_Briefing.lua:380: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

../../../ScriptsMod.20.38.00/DC_Briefing.lua:380: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

../../../ScriptsMod.20.38.00/MAIN_NextMission.lua:258: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

..\..\..\ScriptsMod.20.38.00\BAT_SkipMission.lua:208: in main chunk

[C]: ?

And the script exited with this message.

I tried SkipMission to generate a new multiplayer mission, same result. Then I tried SkipMission to generate a single player mission, that worked. Then it worked with the multiplayer mission too. But the progress we made was lost, it basically restarted everything. I have the original debriefing saved, fortunately, I hope we can restore the original mission-end state with that.

1. any idea about that error message and how to fix it?

2. can I restore the progress we made in the first mission? Can I simply copy the original debriefing notepad content into the file in the "Debriefing" folder?

We would like to fly the next mission in a couple days, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please let me know if you need any additional info from my side. Thanks!

Edited by Cirmi

Hi Folks,

I've updated the Normandy Campaigns. Changes are in the descriptions

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi guys - quick question...are the "old" A10C Campaigns still playable under our current DCS versions (2.5.6.xxx) ?

If not...are there any updated ones in the pipeline...all the newer ones seem to F14/F16/F18/Jeff...

Thanks!

Hi Jason, I'll update the Desert Warthog campaign for you. After I release the WWII The Channel Campaign tomorrow (it has the I-16 :joystick:). CEF is currently working on the Over PG campaigns so I don't want to mess with those.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50