you added the - - recently?

Rename your file in .lua and not in .lua.txt

The good paths is

C:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs open beta\Scripts

And not

C:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs open beta\scripts

Now it should work only when you play OpenBeta

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Yes I added them recently. Just installed the campaign.

So your saying rename the file to just .lua?

Idk how the .txt got there as I only edit it as txt. Ill cjange it.

Now on the paths you bold the S. I didnt think paths were case sensitive?

Thank you for your help

P.s.

So to be clear its two - in front of the 2 lines dictated in the instructions on the missionscripting.lua?

It seems to me when I updated to script 7 I had a significant frame rate reduction in F14 cacucuses.

activate the "Prune" option in Init/conf_mod.lua

Like this:

-- mod Tomsk V9 Integration de  Prune Script
PruneScript ={
           present = true,          -- reduce a mission by removing units
          } 

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

Yes I added them recently. Just installed the campaign.

So your saying rename the file to just .lua?

Idk how the .txt got there as I only edit it as txt. Ill cjange it.

Now on the paths you bold the S. I didnt think paths were case sensitive?

Thank you for your help

P.s.

So to be clear its two - in front of the 2 lines dictated in the instructions on the missionscripting.lua?

To be clear, and for all DCE campaigns it is necessary that:

in

DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua (if you play with OpenBeta)

or in

DCS World\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua (if you play with DCS World)

There is this:

[b]--[/b]sanitizeModule ( 'OS')
[b]--[/b]sanitizeModule ('io')
sanitizeModule ( 'lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil

Mandatory. Otherwise, you get the error message at the end of each mission.

I don't think I can be clearer ...

DCE_Manager

Oh youre quite clear. And i appreciate your help.

Now I still jave the same problem and I got it back to .lua

ive been putting the 2 -- in front of those lines every time and I onow upsates mess it up

The problem is still occurring usinf path you named everything. I dont get a debrief. Whats odd is the campaogn does seem to progress but I needto do more checking :/

OK

Normally, you only have to add the 2 dashes once. Then they must stay in place.

If you have to add them every time, it's because a process prevents you from writing to the file.

Or, I did not understand everything.

DCE_Manager

Very very strange your problem ....

Until we find a solution, after each mission you can launch

DEBUG_DebriefMission

This creates your DCE debriefing and generates a new mission.

DCE_Manager

My campaign was working fine until the latest DCS update. I don't know if it makes a difference but when the -- are added to the sanitizeModule ('os') and sanitizeModule ('io') code in the MisionScripting.lua file they turn green. Not sure what the green code means but I don't remember it doing this before

My campaign was working fine until the latest DCS update. I don't know if it makes a difference but when the -- are added to the sanitizeModule ('os') and sanitizeModule ('io') code in the MisionScripting.lua file they turn green. Not sure what the green code means but I don't remember it doing this before

Hi

This is normal, it means that you have "commented" the line and it is no longer "active" for the script.

If you don't want to do this manipulation with each update of DCS, I propose to use OvGME or JSGME as indicated in the readme

You need to use OvGME (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3594613&postcount=29) or JSGME (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607). The "DCE_Missionscript_mod" folder provided will also modify MissionScripting.lua file in "DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts", preventing you to make this modification manually after each update ... ... ...

2. Extract the "DCE_Missionscript_mod" folder in your Mods OvGME or JSGME folder then activate this mod.

DCE_Manager

Howdy gents.

Just having a little issue with the multiplayer Hornet missions (Hornet Over Caucasus CVN and Hornet Over PG)

It keeps picking up the USN-Deckcrew addon as a requirement, but it appears that ED have blocked that addon. Is there any way i can fix this and be able to play these missions again?

Cheers

It seems that the US deck crew is causing hang ups from mission to in game debrief screen post patch.

I’ve downloaded the USN deckcrew, but even after installing it in the tech folder - it pops up the message saying USN Deckcrew is needed or missing (don’t remember the exact terminology and won’t be back for another 4 days). Bummer as these mission sounded like they would be enjoyable.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I’ve downloaded the USN deckcrew, but even after installing it in the tech folder - it pops up the message saying USN Deckcrew is needed or missing (don’t remember the exact terminology and won’t be back for another 4 days). Bummer as these mission sounded like they would be enjoyable.

Cheers,

Don

Just open base_mission.miz in ME and remove the deckcrew, resave, go fly :)

I will try both of those things, thanks for the suggestions/help. Have opened the ME less than 5 times I’d say, so pretty green with editing / modifying stuff outside airframe and weapons.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria