Can't fire missiles

TheHighwayman

YES, I read the manual. And yes, I know how to fire the missiles in the F-5. LOL

I am building a custom mission on Nevada. Here is my procedure:

1. Power on pylons

2. Set Mode to MSL

3. Take off

4. Master Arm switch cover up, Master Arm to MSL/CAM (up position)

I hear the seeker growl and I can fire a missile into space at nothing. No tone required, just shoot into space.

However, when I repeat this procedure against a target, regardless if I have radar on or not, or have a target locked or not, nothing happens. I can fire guns, but the missiles don't shoot, even with a good tone.

There is a moment in my flight when I power off the wingtip pylons to selectively jettison my centerline tank, prior to combat. Then, I switch them right back on. Not sure if this could be the problem.

Either I am missing a step, or this is a bug. Occam's razor tells me I'm the one that's at fault, but I have no idea why.

Thank you in advance for helping.

• 2 months later...
Jettison back to off position after dropping tank?

I can't fire sidewinders either at the moment, wingtip stations are selected, all other store stations are deselected, master arm in guns cmra and msl, with selective Jett off, tone is present.

Checked all switches ten times, key bindings, weapons release is being depressed on stick, restarted sim, no dice.

Viewpoints are my own.

Don't think so, this occurs during the intercept "training" mission (the gun fires fine, don't know why missiles would be captive, the enemy's missile sure are live!), and my own generated missions. They won't fire even under straight and level flight, just after entering the sim.

Been looking at key binding conflicts, but don't see any. I can see the switches are correct, and can also watch the weapons release button on the virtual stick being depressed. Also tried the virtual button to no avail.

Weird. I am confident that the switchology is correct. Starting to think that the crew chief didn't pull the arming pins...

Viewpoints are my own.

Also make sure your External Stores Selector is set to Safe.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Also make sure your External Stores Selector is set to Safe.

It is, and all switches are set as required. Haven't tried to fire rockets yet, will try next time I have a chance to dink with the sim.

Worked fine until the last update on the Open Alpha.

Viewpoints are my own.

• 3 months later...

Sidewinder AIM-9P5 does not launch in 2.5 Open Beta

I have used the AIM-9 in earlier versions (incl. 1.5.8) without problems. But in the 2.5 OB version it just won't fire. I haven't messed with the external fuel tanks at all. This looks like a bug.

Edit: I'm happy to say that I have to withdraw this post. The AIM-9 does fire. I had a control input problem.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have used the AIM-9 in earlier versions (incl. 1.5.8) without problems. But in the 2.5 OB version it just won't fire. I haven't messed with the external fuel tanks at all. This looks like a bug.

Same here

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Coming right off the rails here, AIM9-P5 functioning as advertised running 2.5 OB with all updates complied with...I know that doesn't sound too constructive without offering solutions but it sounds like you guys probably know all about jettison switch/external ord switch/power to the stations and all that...is it giving tone?

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

My mistake, it's been awhile since I fired a missile from the F5 and had completely forgotten you need to pickle for about 2 seconds before missile will fire. All seems to be fine now.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

My mistake, it's been awhile since I fired a missile from the F5 and had completely forgotten you need to pickle for about 2 seconds before missile will fire. All seems to be fine now.
I just saw this thread and was about to comment on needing to hold the button for a 2-count or so - glad you figured it out.

I tried to pickle one off the other day and just hit the weapons release switch, nothing happened, then press and hold for 2-count, boom off she goes.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot