How to extend the life of Oilfield Campaign

Simicro

Hi,

Today I had an idea.

It is not a must have but a nice have.

When one has finished the campaign, one can refly the whole campaign or selected missions.

The idea is to have all the scenery components available in all the missions (oil rigs, landing zones, cargo, AI...) in one single mission. This mission would have no objectives, so the user could fly freely from one rig to another. A map of all rigs and locations of interest should be made available. Cargos would be available in all landing zones, to be picked up anytime and to be transported anywhere.

How one can access to this bonus mission?

In the last mission of the campaign, when the user lands at the base, a code would be displayed on the ground, for example :

bonus215795
Then the user would go to a website to download the bonus mission. For example :

That could be done for Oilfield campaign, or a future campaign based on a civilian theme.

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Today I had an idea.

It is not a must have but a nice have.

When one has finished the campaign, one can refly the whole campaign or selected missions.

The idea is to have all the scenery components available in all the missions (oil rigs, landing zones, cargo, AI...) in one single mission. This mission would have no objectives, so the user could fly freely from one rig to another. A map of all rigs and locations of interest should be made available. Cargos would be available in all landing zones, to be picked up anytime and to be transported anywhere.

How one can access to this bonus mission?

In the last mission of the campaign, when the user lands at the base, a code would be displayed on the ground, for example :

Then the user would go to a website to download the bonus mission. For example :

That could be done for Oilfield campaign, or a future campaign based on a civilian theme.

I would love to see all of this with the exception of having to complete the campaign first. I would love to free fly between rigs and areas of interest at my discretion with out having to follow a scripted mission.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Taking it a step further and kindly asking that if such a mission is made, that it be user editable for the future aircraft that will undoubtedly come to DCS.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

• ED Team
Taking it a step further and kindly asking that if such a mission is made, that it be user editable for the future aircraft that will undoubtedly come to DCS.

It is possible to open protected mission in Mission Editor (provided You have license key) and alter: player's aircraft, aircraft payload, time of mission start, weather and season.

Protected mission shell be included in updated campaign for 2.5.0 Caucasus terrain.

But included as a "shadow" mission. Means You should open it with ME, not with campaign manager.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

I opened it just fine however I cannot save any changes I make. Opened with the ME and I have a license key. Any ideas?

Specs:

• ED Team
I opened it just fine however I cannot save any changes I make. Opened with the ME and I have a license key. Any ideas?

It's impossible to save any changes in protected mission. By design.

But You can fly changed mission without any saving applied.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

Okay, thanks for that! Can anyone build a protected mission or only 3rd party?

Specs:

• ED Team
Okay, thanks for that! Can anyone build a protected mission or only 3rd party?

You are welcome. :)

Correct, only 3rd party developers for intellectual property protection. Or their work could be also protected by Eagle Dynamics.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

• 4 months later...

Hi Dmitry,

After a period of absence, I am back on the forum.

Many many thanks for implementing the "freeflight" mission :thumbup:

Thank you too for the tutorial video.

Very much appreciated!

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Great solution, my thanks. Just bought that Campaign and will be trying that soon.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.