Civilian planes

Neon

Dont use the img tags and the pic should show fine.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

31/01/21 (uk) Cannot see the civ mod aircraft, was about to MOD Beirut intl....no civ or Hercules, looks like the latest update has busted these. Will wait patiently for fix or not, thanks to the devs

Strange, it works on my end:

H8drxi5.jpg

EA0n9C4.jpg

Make sure that you have not enabled ED's Historic Filter, as that feature only work with official units, not user mods. It looks like a clock icon on the status bar of the Mission Editor.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Scotty Rotten said:

No new liveries for the DC-10? Maybe a FedEx? :^)

What DC-10?  .. is there a new version of this Mod?

58 minutes ago, HawaiianRyan said:

v0.86 has been out for like 6 or 7 months at this point.

Thanks alot .. I was actually not aware of that fact ... two additional aircrafts, nice 🙂 ... hopefully the DC-10 will get more liveries soon 🙏

uPoZjye.jpg

EEg5wXd.jpg

Thanks a lot to this Mod authors 👍

Eduardo

• Like 1

Hi FST_Bearcat.

You mean the A320 , I think.

It's because of the normal texture was changed into a DDS format .The old one was in JPG format so there's an issue with the description .lua. file

Copy this line in all your liveries description files 

{"Airbus_A320", 1, "airbus_a320_b",true},

I hope that will help you 🙂

Regards

Edited by sushy73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Urbi.

There's no need to change the format of the texture .

Only to change it's name in the description file to make it works

Example:

{"Airbus_A320", 1, "airbus_a320_b.jpg",true}, the old one ,into {"Airbus_A320", 1, "airbus_a320_b",true}, 

Regards

AANlumH.png

Edited by sushy73
  • Thanks 2

HI Sushy, 

I have no particular issue with A320 skins. Only the A330 one's are not working.

I have verified base on your comment, the format is a DDS and there is no _jpg in the description file. So your proposal is not the good one badfully.

So is there a solution?

Regards

Hi FST_Bearcat

ok I thought it was the A320 because I had the issue with the new version ...

Sorry I didn't understood your problem.

As you can see , It's working for me .

Regards

vToQuvl.png

Edited by sushy73

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've fixed some problems that were bothering me regarding the performance of each aircraft since we do a lot of realistic things with civilian air traffic in DCS Academy.

The regular mod is mostly copy/paste data, especially w.r.t. engine performance. The .zip file attached below replaces the aircraft .lua files with more appropriate engine performance data, aircraft mass data, takeoff & landing speeds, etc. The aircraft perform much better now, and there's variability across aircraft whereas before they were mostly the same (due to the copy/paste nature of the original files).

I also restored the spinning fans under DCS 2.7.0.

These files go right into the following directory (replacing what's already there): C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\Civil Aircraft Mod

A special thanks to the Community A-4E-C team for their commented .lua files which helped me to understand what all the parameters did in the DCS game engine.

Edit/update: changed the engine performance from an ideal curve to an empirical MCT vs. Mach relationship (using SL curves to ensure monotonically decreasing function -- I guess throwing the altitude dimension in requires an EFM). Also fixed sea-level max speed so aircraft aren't rocketing off at 360 KIAS just after takeoff. Finally, reduced Cessna 210N thrust to be more sane and it now has the appropriate climb rate as well.

Update 2: Switch MCT vs Mach table from SL to 20k feet. This introduces an inversion as ram compression increases thrust above 0.8 Mach. Fixed issues with climb rates on larger airliners. MOOSE RAT + Intl airports now look much more like they do in the real world. Adjusted smokiness of engines.

Update 3: fixed some small things (e.g. max Mach for aircraft); the Cessna 210N still isn't quite right due to the difficulty in finding proper thrust numbers (since they depend on the propeller you attach to the engine). Cessna thrust numbers now based on wind tunnel data for propellers (not necessarily the ones used on a Cessna 210N but it's better than nothing).

Update 4: fixed the base mass to reflect passenger + cargo loading to 80%-85% (larger aircraft are 80% loaded). Also upped the RCS values considerably to match (scant) publicly available RCS data for airliners in the X-band (reduced to spherical RCS equivalent). Trying to get ahold of models to use in XPatch for better numbers. X-band used since the only radars of interest in DCS will be airborne interceptor radars. Default RCS values from DCS are way too small anyway (for X-band numbers) so it's all equally unrealistic, but we can at least try assuming the radar range equation is modeled properly from first principles and not tuned to the bogus RCS values.

CivilAircraftModDCS270.zip

Edited by HawaiianRyan
Fixes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but where can I get this "Civil Aircraft Mod"?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

12 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

Sorry but where can I get this "Civil Aircraft Mod"?

Just google for "Civil Aircraft Mod" 🙄

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I wish the link is pinned on top of page 1.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.