DCS Mods not working in latest Update 7/28 2.1.1 Fix!

Good Day!

I updated to this latest build on Friday night.

Following this, Not one single mod would work.

Any mods no matter the source.

Even placing a aircraft directly into the aircraft folder did not work.

So I created the same folder structure in my saved game folder and placed the aircraft there instead.

No joy!

I have always used JSGME to install my mods.

This time I did not.

These are the steps I took to fix this.

1)Removed all mods using JSGME

2)Moved the entire mod folder from the install directory to the root of the drive.

(I know this step was unnecessary, as I could have done a clean up of DCS using Skate's utility, but I wanted a CLEAN install.

3)Performed a repair using Skates utility.

This caused DCS to download the ENTIRE mod folder files as it was no longer there!

About 46 GB download! Took a little time. I am patient............

All aircraft and maps are now new!

4) Renamed my save game folder so DCS would rebuild it fresh.

5) Ran DCS, Entered the ME and selected both maps to allow DCS to do its thing with the files. Exited.

6) Created the mod folder structure in my saved game folder to match the DCS install and moved one aircraft mod to this location.

7) Copied my input folder and options lua file from the backed up save game folder to the new one.

Ran DCS, entered user info, logged in and............

TA DA!

I can now fly the Fokker DR1 again in the skies over Normandy! :thumbup:

So, the next step is to remove JSGME from my system and begin using OvGME.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

Hope this helps!

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!

Hawkeye

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks for the warning.

I NEVER accept a new update anymore, I usually wait and watch the carnage on here for a few weeks and then install once they update the update.

• Like 1

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

If you don't mind me asking, how do you have a Fokker DR1 in DCS? I can't find any mods for that aircraft! I can barely find flyable aircraft mods for DCS, excluding the ones on the DCS page. Just where did you find a Fokker DR1 mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

If you don't mind me asking, how do you have a Fokker DR1 in DCS? I can't find any mods for that aircraft! I can barely find flyable aircraft mods for DCS, excluding the ones on the DCS page. Just where did you find a Fokker DR1 mod?
I thought you would never ask! LOL

I hope you are ready...................

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190002&highlight=DCS+WW

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I thought you would never ask! LOL

I hope you are ready...................

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190002&highlight=DCS+WW

My God...I have wanted WWI aircraft in DCS for AGES! YUUUS!! Thanks for this.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Good Day!

I updated to this latest build on Friday night.

Following this, Not one single mod would work.

Any mods no matter the source.

Even placing a aircraft directly into the aircraft folder did not work.

So I created the same folder structure in my saved game folder and placed the aircraft there instead.

No joy!

I have always used JSGME to install my mods.

This time I did not.

These are the steps I took to fix this.

1)Removed all mods using JSGME

2)Moved the entire mod folder from the install directory to the root of the drive.

(I know this step was unnecessary, as I could have done a clean up of DCS using Skate's utility, but I wanted a CLEAN install.

3)Performed a repair using Skates utility.

This caused DCS to download the ENTIRE mod folder files as it was no longer there!

About 46 GB download! Took a little time. I am patient............

All aircraft and maps are now new!

4) Renamed my save game folder so DCS would rebuild it fresh.

5) Ran DCS, Entered the ME and selected both maps to allow DCS to do its thing with the files. Exited.

6) Created the mod folder structure in my saved game folder to match the DCS install and moved one aircraft mod to this location.

7) Copied my input folder and options lua file from the backed up save game folder to the new one.

Ran DCS, entered user info, logged in and............

TA DA!

I can now fly the Fokker DR1 again in the skies over Normandy! :thumbup:

So, the next step is to remove JSGME from my system and begin using OvGME.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

Hope this helps!

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!

Hawkeye

How i create mod folder strukture in saved games?

How i create mod folder strukture in saved games?
Usually.....

C:\Users\(your name)\Saved games\(DCS world version)\Mods\(aircraft , tech)

A point of note,

Because of this change, you can fill your "C" drive very quickly if you are not careful and use more that one version at a time.

This will be solved at the Merge.

Hope this Helps,

Hawkeye

Because of this change, you can fill your "C" drive very quickly if you are not careful and use more that one version at a time.

you dont need to move the whole package(s) of your mods

you need to move the entry.lua files only into the saved games folder

so you can leave all of your mods on previous place (on your E:\ drive for eample) but you must to remove entry.lua file (important)

in the new place (saved games-entry.lua) you can define the reading-way back to your original place/folder(s) of your mods

example:

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Liveries")

mount_vfs_model_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Shapes")

mount_vfs_texture_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Shapes/Textures")

example reading-way for your other lua files what you left in its original folder(s)

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/Structures/factory-big.lua')

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/WWI/fokker.lua')

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/Ships/zodiac.lua')

etc.

cheers :smilewink:

sign-pic4.jpg

this is not a "bug" or "issue"

Any "Mods" whether in the /CoreMods or /Mods Folder.

Will be blocked from loading in DCS.

All "mods" should be in the /Saved Games/ Folder and not the DCS Folder..

What you can do is Create a DCS.Mods Folder on another drive,

and Link them to the /Saved Games/ Folder using mklink

Make sure there isnt a /Mods/ Folder in the /Saved Games Folder Already. (if there is rename it for now)

Create the DCS.Mods Folder on Drive you want to store them on and subfolders for Aircraft etc.

Open Command Prompt(w/ Admin Privs.) from "C:/Users/<Username>/Saved Games/<DCS.Install>

mklink /d "Mods" "<path to DCS.Mods folder>"

this can be done for all the /Saved Games/<DCS.Installs> Folders.

So you will have ONE /DCS.Mods/ Folder, and it will be linked to all your Saved Games Folders.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you dont need to move the whole package(s) of your mods

you need to move the entry.lua files only into the saved games folder

so you can leave all of your mods on previous place (on your E:\ drive for eample) but you must to remove entry.lua file (important)

in the new place (saved games-entry.lua) you can define the reading-way back to your original place/folder(s) of your mods

example:

mount_vfs_liveries_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Liveries")

mount_vfs_model_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Shapes")

mount_vfs_texture_path ("E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/Shapes/Textures")

example reading-way for your other lua files what you left in its original folder(s)

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/Structures/factory-big.lua')

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/WWI/fokker.lua')

dofile('E:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Mods/tech/My_MODs/LUA/Ships/zodiac.lua')

etc.

cheers smilewink.gif

Thank you very much! this is a perfect solution!

Squirreled away for reference........

And Thank you to Skate.

This helps everyone transition to the new system.

+1000 :thumbup:

Usually.....

C:\Users\(your name)\Saved games\(DCS world version)\Mods\(aircraft , tech)

A point of note,

This will be solved at the Merge.

Hope this Helps,

Hawkeye

I'm happy that you capitalized "merge". Makes it seem more like a GRAND EVENT instead of ditching 2.1.1 and 1.5.7 and rolling 2.5.

Also, everyone is saying to not have your mods folder in the DCS folder. Well...I was taught and told that way, to have it in the DCS folder. I use JSGME, and I have zero problems...so...what's the fuss about having the mods folder elsewhere?

Also, everyone is saying to not have your mods folder in the DCS folder. Well...I was taught and told that way, to have it in the DCS folder. I use JSGME, and I have zero problems...so...what's the fuss about having the mods folder elsewhere?

Same here, this is news to me.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Test again inside 2.1.1 and you will see they are not working.

Only in saved games the mods are detected.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Same here, this is news to me.

And the answer is...

This^^^^

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I raised a question about this in another thread with no response, so I will repeat it here.

I tried to create a simple JSGME mod in my Saved Games folder. The Mod inserted a new db_countries.lua into the scripts/database folder. The mod simply allocates aircraft to different countries, lets the Yak40 fly under USA etc, simple stuff.

My DCS2 is fully up to date, running okay, my Saved Games folder is also fully up to date and correctly set up.

The Mod is correct, correct paths, correct files, I have done it a million times, but for some reason the game will not recognise this Mod. Now, if I just stick the file in there manually it does what its meant to do, so there is nothing wrong with the changes to the lua.

My question is, why wont it see this Mod, it sees all the others I have created and use from within my Saved Games Folder, but not this one.

Anyone got any ideas on why this is occurring ?

You are overlooking some small error, somewhere. All JSGME does is copy files from point A to point B. Without actually seeing your machine it would be nearly impossible to guess at the issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Please Post your DCS/Logs/DCS.Log File in a Zip.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

For sure.

One thing, i´m only testing mods in 2.1.1 knowing thats not the point of an Alpha and under my own risk. I´m not complaning ( the mods i´m testing are working good ).

Those are the mods i´m testing right now.

VCUyJc1.jpg

dcs.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

But they ARE working. I use a couple of MiG-21 mods (cannon sounds, gunsight, custom FoV) + Stuka's sound mod for the 109, all located in main game folder and enabled via JSGME. They replace files in /Mods and /CoreMods folders. All work correctly in 2.1.1 (single player, don't know about MP, 'cause I don't do it)

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I´m talking about mods inside mods/tech or mods/aircarft.

Try any of the list before and you will see they are not recognized by DCS if they are not mounted inside saved games. At least in my case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't comment on /Tech subfolder - I've got no mods there, but all remaining ones go into /Aircraft and they work. So some seem to be OK, while the others - probably not. That's puzzling.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Okay, it isnt just me then.

In my Saved Games folder I have a Mods folder, which works perfectly, the game sees all the Mods I'm using, which I insert by JSGME. My JSGME is set up in that folder and the mods are kept in my _DCS Mods file at the top of the list.

Further down in the list I have a Scripts folder, inside that is Database folder and inside that my JSGME posts my new db_countires.lua.

So the file path is: Saved Games/DCS.openalpha/Scripts/Database/db_countries.lua. But the game does not see it ????? Is there something wrong with the file paths or the way I have it set up, everything else works fine ?

Entire "Module" Mods dont load.

The Following Modules Fail to load because they use a DLL that does NOT belong to that module, and/or they do not have a manifest file.

EDCORE: LoadLibrary failed for ./Mods/aircraft/Macchi 205 Veltro/bin/P51B.dll: (127) No se encontró el proceso especificado.

00045.014 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to load ./Mods/aircraft/Macchi 205 Veltro/bin/P51B.dll: No se encontró el proceso especificado.