Manual

Joni

Hi guys, I just got the Mirage a couple of days ago and im very dissapointed on the manual.

I was reading it and by the time I got the the half of it I understood it was written in the initial open beta. But now we have tons of new features and systems that are not in the manual.

How can this be possible? What can I do to learn in a professional way this aircraft? I wont google each system every time I want to learn something, we should have an operation manual accordingly.

Thanks.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

There are a couple things around the forums and youtube. Chucks guides are good, he covers most things. There are a couple youtube guys that do a great job. Xxxjohn is one that I like. If you're interested, I can get you links to the channels if you want, just let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The FC3 planes have more complete manuals. I feel like im gonna explode, I mean the Mirage is a joy to fly, it is awesome, but I cant believe they charge full price for this.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Search here for Chuck's guide. Is covering all the things you need to know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3V1B0QmhHbEdMcTg

Try not to explode while downloading It.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Search here for Chuck's guide. Is covering all the things you need to know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3V1B0QmhHbEdMcTg

Try not to explode while downloading It.

Read it from head to toe. It's very very outdated as everyone knows.

Is there a wiki that people can contribute to and keep up to date? The Mirage is my favorite and I've almost mastered it, honestly I have not even looked up to see if there is a wiki. If there isn't one, that would be a good community project.

Cru

Did they recently update the training missions? I have tried to do them for 3 times already and in the end always left the module aside because what they explained didn't match the actual implementation of the aircraft (e.g. A/G gun) or they were describing features not implemented yet (e.g. INS position update, precision bombing) or it was just buggy (e.g. CCIP).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Piston, if you need extra info about something ask here. There are literally dozens of very kind and willing users that will help you with any doubt, system, button or feature of the Mirage you need to ask for.

Try it if your real intention is learn and master the Mirage in a professional way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

There's a thread to post updates for Chuck's guide or point to stuff that's wrong. But instead of submitting problems there, people seem to prefer just to create 50 threads about it being outdated.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189087

That would never happen if there was a proper manual. I dont have the time to look around for info, i paid and want a manual.

But you have time to post here.

So you have time to ask for help or your only objective is complaining?

Do you really have something to ask? We can help you about anything you need about the Mirage. We are a bunch of kind users that can help you.

If you only want to complain and you're not asking for help i will stop posting here.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But you have time to post here.

So you have time to ask for help or your only objects is complaining?

Do you really have something to ask? We can help you about anything you need about the Mirage. We are a bunch of kind users that can help you.

If you only want to complain and you're not asking for help i will stop posting here.

Oh, im sorry i didnt know i cant express my thoughts here. Maybe its a new rule.

Please do.

Ok. Feel free to express yourself. Nobody stops you from doing It.

If you dont have any questions you want to know about the Mirage to master It in a professional way, ( i've thought that was your objective ) i' moving on.

Good Luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Read it from head to toe. It's very very outdated as everyone knows.

I find Chuck's Guide very useful, there are one or two minor M-2000C changes that can catch you out, but it's still mostly correct and a valuable resource for newbies or as an aide-mémoire.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

OP has a valid point. While it is great to have additional study material, provided by the community, a missing proper manual is something one can be unhappy about. The manual should be the Go-To reference while other ressources may focus more on how-tos and maybe specific details.

This is one of the more relevant open issues I see with this module atm.

Edited by Flagrum

Lack of a proper manual is high on my list of inexcusable omissions. The technical writer that should be working on the manual should have nothing else to do, such as coding or graphics. Since most of the manual should be a direct copy of the real thing there is no sustainable reason for it to be delayed by any other issues with the product.

As long as it takes to create a module, the manual should actually be 95% done before the module is even released.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As a helicopter and aircraft pilot, an operational manual is a must. Without it this is just a simcade module.

An operational manual must be at your hands during all flights.

Did they recently update the training missions? I have tried to do them for 3 times already and in the end always left the module aside because what they explained didn't match the actual implementation of the aircraft (e.g. A/G gun) or they were describing features not implemented yet (e.g. INS position update, precision bombing) or it was just buggy (e.g. CCIP).

Hey escaner. No, haven't updated them, as I need an updated manual for that plus all the small features that are missing implemented - hope to see all of these soon. I will then do an overhaul of the training missions and port them to NTTR as well. No point in doing a partial update, as in the end that will mean doing the job twice :)

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I find Chuck's Guide very useful, there are one or two minor M-2000C changes that can catch you out, but it's still mostly correct and a valuable resource for newbies or as an aide-mémoire.

Chuck's guide is outdated, doesnt even have waypoint offset information. The strange thing is that the unprofessionally made manual does have offset :huh:

What is, accodring to you, missing in the RB manual ?

Well, its not a manual to begin with. But the document lacks operational information on every single system and it even has more than 20 sections with the title "Not available in Open Beta". The mirage is out of BETA!

So I really dont think it was necessary to tell you this, dont know why you insist on arguing with us on every post about the mirage. Its getting old, and honestly quite annoying.

• Like 1

From the first page of Razbam manual.

"The information provided in this manual is

preliminary and subject to revision."

And i´m still waiting what things about the Mirage do you want to know about to be able, me and others, to help you. If you are interested in learning about those things you miss.

People are always helping anyone who cares about learning things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try to do an exercise all together. Lets hope this will have a good end.

We can set some points as a base:

1.- Mirage module is unfinished. Some systems missing, some others incomplete, some others bugged.

2.- Owners of the Mirage have bought the module because they like this fighter.

3.- Owners of the Mirage want to learn and enjoy how to use it, taking in count points 1 and 2.

So OPTIONS:

A.- We can discuss each other, get angry, derail every thread about the Mirage, fight each other or worst.

B.- We can focus all this efforts and energy in HELPING each other, knowing that the Mirage is unfinished yet but in his actual status IMHO we ALL TOGETHER can enjoy it helping us to learn and master all the things the Mirage has right now.

Conclusion.

I choose B Option and this means:

Anyone who really wants to enjoy flying DCS, and in this case, the Mirage, KNOWING its unfinished, and wants to learn, ask, or search for info about how to fly it PLEASE ASK for it. Me and others will help as much as we can.

Anyone not interested in that who only wants to protest, complain, arguing, fighting, derailing or whatever they want except learning the Mirage, YOU ALL HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO IT.

So open a dedicated Thread, somehing like " The Mirage´s complaning Thread " and type there all you want to express.

What do you think gents?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try to do an exercise all together. Lets hope this will have a good end.

We can set some points as a base:

1.- Mirage module is unfinished. Some systems missing, some others incomplete, some others bugged.

2.- Owners of the Mirage have bought the module because they like this fighter.

3.- Owners of the Mirage want to learn and enjoy how to use it, taking in count points 1 and 2.

So OPTIONS:

A.- We can discuss each other, get angry, derail every thread about the Mirage, fight each other or worst.

B.- We can focus all this efforts and energy in HELPING each other, knowing that the Mirage is unfinished yet but in his actual status IMHO we ALL TOGETHER can enjoy it helping us to learn and master all the things the Mirage has right now.

Conclusion.

I choose B Option and this means:

Anyone who really wants to enjoy flying DCS, and in this case, the Mirage, KNOWING its unfinished, and wants to learn, ask, or search for info about how to fly it PLEASE ASK for it. Me and others will help as much as we can.

Anyone not interested in that who only wants to protest, complain, arguing, fighting, derailing or whatever they want except learning the Mirage, YOU ALL HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO DO IT.

So open a dedicated Thread, somehing like " The Mirage´s complaning Thread " and type there all you want to express.

What do you think gents?

Agreed.

Kind regards to everyone here.