How do Vive users compensate for no zoom?

Luft08

I am really loving DCS! I recently got a Vive and I can actually make myself dizzy flying! Wow!

However when watching YouTube videos I notice that players frequently zoom in and out in order to spot and identify contacts. I was disappointed to learn that this feature is not supported for people using the Vive.

I can not spot contacts unless I turn on labels. How are current Vive users dealing with this seemingly huge disadvantage? Is fully supporting the Vive a high priority?

Thanks.

In the controller menu, go down to the UI Layer ( beneath the module listings) .

There in the UI Layer you can assign both VR Zoom and VR Re-Center to joystick buttons.

Very handy to have.

I have VR Zoom assigned to both a button ( press and hold for zoom), and a two way toggle switch as well. Normally if I use VR Zoom though it is almost always the press and hold button I have assigned on my Warthog throttle.

I use a Rift but pretty sure this should work in the same way for the Vive as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I can't find the UI layer that you are talking about. I'm using DCS 2.0. Are you talking about DCS 1.5?

On the main screen I clicked on the gear button. (Options) then selected the controls tab.

At the bottom there are a row of buttons but non are UI. There is a VR tab but it only has three checkboxes and a slider.

I can't find the UI layer that you are talking about. I'm using DCS 2.0. Are you talking about DCS 1.5?

On the main screen I clicked on the gear button. (Options) then selected the controls tab.

At the bottom there are a row of buttons but non are UI. There is a VR tab but it only has three checkboxes and a slider.

After you select the controls tab, click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the module listing ( in upper left of your screen). The same place you pick a module you want to assign buttons to.

Now scroll down past all your module listings , down at the bottom the last two categories are VR. There you will find VR Zoom, and VR Re-Center.

Here you can assign them to buttons.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

dburne, your the best! Thank you!

:thumbup:

You are most welcome, have fun and enjoy!!

• Like 1

Don B

FYI, and I don't know if it's true for anybody else, but I have always had to restart DCS after making a change to either vr zoom or reset head position, in order for the change to take effect.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive