Transfering files to new PC. Zinstall?

Been looking at a new computer, and I stumbled upon this software. Quite pricy, but the idea of " all of your stuff to your new computer: your programs, documents, music, pictures, favorites, emails, accounts, settings - and of course all of your files. Your new computer will feel just like the old one." seems really nice, especially considering I really don't have the time to manually transfer everything over right now. Anyone have any experience with this software? looks to be exactly what I was looking for, seamlessly transferring to a new computer without any hassle

http://www.zinstall.com/home-page/products/zinstall-migration-move-to-new-computer-to-windows-7-with-all-your-programs-and-files-no-reinstalls

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Holy crap! At that price it had better read my mind so that it knows where I keep everything.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Have you thought of an ext hard drive. Good for backup too.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1E8-0006-00100

I use a separate, internal, drive for all of my personal files. That drive plus a handful of files from the C drive and I have everything that needs to be moved to a new machine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I use a separate, internal, drive for all of my personal files. That drive plus a handful of files from the C drive and I have everything that needs to be moved to a new machine.

Exactly what I do as well, have a separate HDD that I keep all my videos, music, documents, etc on so can easily be transferred over to a new computer when needed. Plus I image everything as well on a weekly basis to an external USB 3.0 drive, so all those files are easily accessible from there as well should something go south with the internal HDD.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have tried it once, with very mixed results. Many applications survived, some not well at all. They do advertise support for those problem apps, but that requires much back and forth with logs files going and misc. stuff coming back. In fairness, it is quick and does most of what it advertises, just be prepared for a lot of support when it goes wrong. My problem apps all came down to the same thing - broken, unable to uninstall or reinstall.

Why would you use such a software ?

I have yet to hear of one such app to work troublefree. It gets even worse if the user uses it because he does not know how to do it manually. If then things go south it's a full freaking mess.

I would install it manually, 1 by 1 while you still have your old PC running aside as your "template".

Copying files is a thing for LAN or USB30, a copy&paste thing.

Ninite is a nice tool to speed up installing/updating of apps which are supported. You may wanna have a look for that tool. http://www.ninite.com I keep that downloadable file and rerun it evey other day to update all those apps covered by that file. Very fast and stzraight forward updating many many apps with 1 click.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

make sure you deactivate the starforce for each of your modules if you do go ahead and do this.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Been looking at a new computer, and I stumbled upon this software. Quite pricy, but the idea of " all of your stuff to your new computer: your programs, documents, music, pictures, favorites, emails, accounts, settings - and of course all of your files. Your new computer will feel just like the old one." seems really nice, especially considering I really don't have the time to manually transfer everything over right now. Anyone have any experience with this software? looks to be exactly what I was looking for, seamlessly transferring to a new computer without any hassle

I just built a new PC and did not want to drag all the old stuff that was slowly building up on my PC. I only use a few programs anyway and it's nice to have a clean reset reorganize.

Good time to do some PC house cleaning, like others here have said, I have a normal HDD for all the crap and external drives for backup, DCS sits on an SSD and doesn't even need to be reinstalled, just move the SSD to new PC and good to go, some software like other sims, yes I will need to install, the texture files for these sims I have backup to just move.

If you haven't? I would backup anything that is important now anyway. If it's really important you should have an offsite copy of it too. (fire or stolen etc)

At work we use a raid 5 PC and ShadowProtect, which also does incremental offsite cloud backups at night for very important data. We have used this to replace files before, one of the girls at work clicked on a email link that said it was Aus post tracking number. It started to encrypt files before I unplugged that PC from the network. The email looked perfect, except the address if you look properly, I tell the people at work all the time to double check emails.

Just remember guy's, if one of those ransom encryption file gets through, it will infect your external drives too, if plugged into the PC, so leave them unplugged when not in use.

I only have a few things from home offsite, sitting in my aws Glacier account, just in case.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link