Su-35S Flanker-E Awesome maneuvers video

Zyron

Fourteen already delivered. First 4, then 10 more.

The total numbers are 24, the last 10 to be delivered in 2018.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Fourteen already delivered. First 4, then 10 more.

The total numbers are 24, the last 10 to be delivered in 2018.

OK, official numbers of course.

Well, it sure is the most sexy aircraft on the block :thumbup: And I guess it is a joy to fly. :)

Well is a modern full cuadruplex digital AFCS fighter with powerfull and reliable engines so yes, i think is a joy to handle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I wonder it the thrust vectoring is like the SU-30MK (AFAIK the pilot has to select it), or like the F-22, where it is automatic depending on several parameters like speed, etc.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

One thing is how important is the stealth feature in today's modern air combat? How good is the F-22 Stealth vs enemy planes without stealth for example? Su-35S vs F-22 difference is mainly stealth capability in the F-22..(in rough comparison). But Su-35S has longer radar range.. Are there some evidence showing how effective Stealth is in air combat? Or or is it mainly effective against ground radar?

Would be fun to see statistics how effective stealth is in combat vs newer 4th+ generation fighter jets (Su-35s,Eurofighter,Dassault Rafale etc).

-I didn't have straight A's, so i ended up piloting behind a screen instead-:joystick:

Well is a modern full cuadruplex digital AFCS fighter with powerfull and reliable engines so yes, i think is a joy to handle.

So no stupid artificial positive stability pitch up with speed? Cause if so, I need that Flanker in DCS badly! Love the aircraft, but just wont fly the travesty of an a/c we have ingame atm.

One thing is how important is the stealth feature in today's modern air combat? How good is the F-22 Stealth vs enemy planes without stealth for example? Su-35S vs F-22 difference is mainly stealth capability in the F-22..(in rough comparison). But Su-35S has longer radar range.. Are there some evidence showing how effective Stealth is in air combat? Or or is it mainly effective against ground radar?

Would be fun to see statistics how effective stealth is in combat vs newer 4th+ generation fighter jets (Su-35s,Eurofighter,Dassault Rafale etc).

Stealth is dank. First sort/shot denial is an amazing advantage.

Su-35 doesn't have a chance. Won't kill enough to affect the outcome of the war IMHO. That and the T-50 will probably kill your 4th gen buddies quite a bit though. The near-parity that the Flanker-E has with Western 4th gens is it's second greatest positive attribute. What is the first "best positive attribute", you may ask? The video in the OP. :D

Lord of Salt

Are there some evidence showing how effective Stealth is in air combat? Or or is it mainly effective against ground radar?

Other way around - mainly effective against 'fighter' radar wavelengths, not so much against longer wavelength ground based radars.

Cheers.

Stealth is dank. First sort/shot denial is an amazing advantage.

Su-35 doesn't have a chance. Won't kill enough to affect the outcome of the war IMHO. That and the T-50 will probably kill your 4th gen buddies quite a bit though. The near-parity that the Flanker-E has with Western 4th gens is it's second greatest positive attribute. What is the first "best positive attribute", you may ask? The video in the OP. :D

Well i can agree on that, first shot is very often a vital part of victory!

But i read that F-22 has been shot down in enemy territory, and the stealth reflective materials may have been studied. So newer radar systems may have been adapted to detect "stealth" features. The F-22 is a physical object flying in the sky stealth or not, so when more advanced radars are in service, stealth may have a problem... until they upgrade the stealth materials...

Other way around - mainly effective against 'fighter' radar wavelengths, not so much against longer wavelength ground based radars.

Thanks for the info.

-I didn't have straight A's, so i ended up piloting behind a screen instead-:joystick:

But i read that F-22 has been shot down in enemy territory, and the stealth reflective materials may have been studied. So newer radar systems may have been adapted to detect "stealth" features. The F-22 is a physical object flying in the sky stealth or not, so when more advanced radars are in service, stealth may have a problem... until they upgrade the stealth materials...

The F-22 has not been shot down anywhere to my knowledge. Even if, an airborne (fighter) radar is limited in the frequencies it can use by physical size of the antenna. It will, in the end, all be centered around X-Band. There is really not much you can do against the F-22s stealth if you don't want to change frequencies. You can, of course, keep trying to increase power output, gain, and sensitivity of your radar but that has a practical limit somewhere.

So no stupid artificial positive stability pitch up with speed? Cause if so, I need that Flanker in DCS badly! Love the aircraft, but just wont fly the travesty of an a/c we have ingame atm.

What?

AFAIK, Hummingbird does not agree with the way the FCS is implemented currently in DCS and or the way it explained in the SU-27 manual (5/18/2017), specifically the longitudinal channel;

The longitudinal control system includes an airspeed trimming law that generates a signal proportional to the ram air. When the indicated airspeed is increased, the FCS causes the stabilizers deflection (up to 5 degrees) nose down. When decelerating, it causes the nose to come up. This imitates the airspeed stability of the aircraft, which is neutral in the presence of a g loading feedback signal. The airspeed stability imitation allows the pilot to use the control stick like he or she would with a stable aircraft.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

In essence this is the price for good maneuvrability in an unstable designed aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do we have any video of the SU-35S in China?

To whom it may concern,

AFAIK, Hummingbird does not agree with the way the FCS is implemented currently in DCS and or the way it explained in the SU-27 manual (5/18/2017), specifically the longitudinal channel;

Ah. Yeah, a philosophically different design choice.

you're thinking about the f-117 shot down in 1999.

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/stealth-techniques-and-benefits/

if you actually care to discuss stealth, this is a good primer.

Yeah sorry my bad, i remember know it was an article about F-117 shot down in Syria!

Thank's for the link with info :thumbup:

Stealth is a subject i admit i haven't studied much. It's a interesting thing, how effective is it and how it will change present and future air combat. Pak Fa against an F-22 would be interesting, level the playing field.

Yeah sorry my bad, i remember know it was an article about F-117 shot down in Syria!

I think you got that wrong as well. F-117 was shut down near Belgrade, Former Republic of Yugoslavia (today known as Serbia).

To whom it may concern,

Some pics.

518433_original.jpg

1483115915-su-35sk1.jpg

1493043988-su-35-03.jpg

Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I think you got that wrong as well. F-117 was shut down near Belgrade, Former Republic of Yugoslavia (today known as Serbia).

Yep, you're right, Serbia not Syria. :D

If found the article i did read some years ago..

http://aviationweek.com/blog/case-missing-f-117-parts-2001

Maybe this should be split into its own thread.

All you really need to know about stealth is that 'proper stealth' reduces detection ranges to 1/8th or 1/10th of a comparable non-stealth aircraft.

So, if you're picking up an F-18 or F-16 at 100km, won't be picking up an F-22 or F-35 further than 15km.

That's well inside AMRAAM Rtr and NEZ.

There are also aircraft that have some RCS reduction, but nothing on that level - their detection ranges can be cut by 1/2 or a bit less or a bit more.

Thank's for the link with info :thumbup:

Stealth is a subject i admit i haven't studied much. It's a interesting thing, how effective is it and how it will change present and future air combat. Pak Fa against an F-22 would be interesting, level the playing field.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda