DCS A10c Boxed and DCS World 2

machtoo

I have owned the DCS A10c for several years but just now getting time to fly it. I have a couple of questions:

1. I do not see any update capability in the menus. How do you update the A10c?

2. I installed DCS World 2.1 beta successfully but it does not seen to recognize that the A10c is installed separately. Do you have to buy the A10c again from the World gui?

3. My A10c exe is version 1.1.51517.126 dated 2011.

Thanks

When you update DCS World all modules are updated along with it. To install modules you do it with module manager at top of screen. You don't need to buy a new copy of A-10C however it can be tricky to get these installed. Try going to DCS Homepage and log in and go to profile. There is a box there that you can enter serial number in to check and see if its bound to your account. If it is and it still doesn't install correctly do a support ticket. I recall having to create a new serial number for boxed version when I merged mine into DCS World.

In Module Manager did you go into the store area and scroll to A-10C? There instead of Buy it should say Download or Install. You also need to be logged in in-game. If A-10C was already on computer, then you downloaded DCS World it may not recognize it. Re-installing A-10C might make it work but I'm not sure of that. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I've been out of flight sims for a long time and recently picked up DCS again. I installed 2.1 initially and was able to download and install the A-10C module. So I can at least verify that this worked for me.

However, after installing I noticed there were no training, missions, or campaigns available in 2.1, despite the aircraft module being installed and useable. I then switched back to installing 1.5.x and then all the missions showed up.

So, even if you do get A-10C working in 2.1, be aware that the missions may not be available. I assume this is just because 2.1 is still alpha and that eventually they will all show up. For now, I've switched back to 1.5.x to try and learn so I have the training missions (and other missions and campaigns).

I assume this is just because 2.1 is still alpha and that eventually they will all show up.

Actually, the reason they don't show up is because the map that they use is not in v2.1. When v2.5 comes out and the Caucasus map is included, then the included missions for the A-10C, and other modules, will be available as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually, the reason they don't show up is because the map that they use is not in v2.1. When v2.5 comes out and the Caucasus map is included, then the included missions for the A-10C, and other modules, will be available as well.

ah ok. that makes sense. thanks :)

2.1 is in alpha and consists of 2 maps [Nevada and Normandy 1944] that are still being worked on so there are no training missions that I know of.

Have you made sure the key is bound to your profile?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45