Performance worse than 1.5.6

I am using an Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 @2.3 Ghz with 4GB RAM and a GT630 2GB DDR3 ( I bought used stuff as I can't afford a new system right now ) , before this I was using a Toshiba laptop which was an i5 2430m with 8GB DDR3 and a 1GB GT525m and during 1.5.6 I had amazing performance. But since the laptop motherboard has burnt due to a Chinese adaptor which had no earthing and was getting shocks when touching the laptop , I had to settle for the above used desktop.

I know the 8200 and 4GB and also the GT630 are not that good but I am sure would get better performance in 1.5 than I did on the laptop. But that does not seem to be the case , the performance for me in 1.5.7 it's bad. I am not even looking for 40 fps , just want between 25-30 fps for the settings I use.

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to try something busy with the 1.5.7.9 OB, but just using a simple sandbox air to air mission, I noticed that streaming/loading terrain/objects from HD, runs smoother again. In 1.5.7.8 I suffered from heavy load hits, they seem to be gone from 1.5.7.9 OB.

Performance, fps wise, looks the same. But it was never a problem there, so. Its in the unit saturated missions were fps took a dive. Ill try those later.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Glad to hear it is not just me having issues. I'm sure the dev's will get it straight eventually, they have plenty of feedback, thats for sure. LoL

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

did some testing

I recently tested DCS 1.5 with new GPU. Only to be somewhat disappointed in performance improvement.

Only time i had high FPS was when game was paused or map was almost empty of ground units.

Baffled by this i did some testing. Edited Terrain setting files so that GPU is pretty much bored.

BTW the menu item "visibility range" would benefit from whole advanced menu for itself since it does encompasses such massive amounts of tweaks related to GPU performance that anyone can make game pretty and smooth GPUwise....but i digress.

Our problem is CPU bound.

Although in windows task manager it might seem like it is utilized only half the time. (that is why folks are reporting low fps with low cpu and gpu usage) The indicators are most likely showing average usage. I used AMD overdrive for measurement, mostly watching heat and CPU is very much in use and heating up. Mostly single core usage.

And i think the cause might be related to one/all/or combination of these :

AI calculations

Collision detection.

Pathfinding

I tried few scenarios (said units don't have to be visible therefore rendered):

1) Airplanes only fighting each other - dcs runs fine

2) Only 1 airplane (player) and more or less static ground units - shown impact on performance

3) Only 1 airplane (player) and ground units moving and fighting each other - boy oh boy.

4) All types of units fighting each other = slideshow.

This correlates with reported performance boost when you create you own server on other PC and play the game as a connected client.

Edited by DirkLarien

OK guys ...

So we got a new beta version last friday. There is improvements, but still stutters.

And done this morning research what the stutters were about and found it.

I have been looking into this problem very much, and I can resimulate it on the beta version 1.5.7.9891.

And I think now the ROOT CAUSE had been found ... The issue seems to be with Patriot Batteries...

I have made an extensive post here that documents in great detail where the issue is and a method to resimulate it using test missions.

click here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3250554&postcount=166

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Sorry for asking again... I'm still at 1.5.6.XXXX but I was just wondering if the FPS drops/stutters already fixed in the current 1.5.7.XXXX something?

Thanks ^

The stuttering has been fixed. We found the root cause and ED fixed it.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Sorry for asking again... I'm still at 1.5.6.XXXX but I was just wondering if the FPS drops/stutters already fixed in the current 1.5.7.XXXX something?

Thanks ^

Some stuttering has been fixed (still get stutters in mi-8 every 3 seconds)

oh, and MP servers now crash a lot with the latest 1.5.7.10175 patch (unplayable)

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I have just located and read this thread today. Before the 1.5.7 update my frame rates were smooth, now I am also having some very bad frame rate drops in some missions. Ka-50 Clear Tkvarcheli used to run smooth at 60+ fps, now barely making above 15fps. At its worst 2fps. AJS37 training taxi mission at airport not exceeding 20fps when near trees and buildings etc.

System specs are;

Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz

32.0 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

GTX1080Ti-Strix GDDR5X 11GB

Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I will keep a keen eye on any further posts however I am now relieved to hear it is not just me who is experiencing this problem.

Nope it's definitely been recognised, more pronounced in complex missions (as is everything), server admins have been discussing this a lot. Quite a few rollbacks are happening.

I have just located and read this thread today. Before the 1.5.7 update my frame rates were smooth, now I am also having some very bad frame rate drops in some missions. Ka-50 Clear Tkvarcheli used to run smooth at 60+ fps, now barely making above 15fps. At its worst 2fps. AJS37 training taxi mission at airport not exceeding 20fps when near trees and buildings etc.

System specs are;

Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz

32.0 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

GTX1080Ti-Strix GDDR5X 11GB

Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I will keep a keen eye on any further posts however I am now relieved to hear it is not just me who is experiencing this problem.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I recently tested DCS 1.5 with new GPU. Only to be somewhat disappointed in performance improvement.

Only time i had high FPS was when game was paused or map was almost empty of ground units.

Baffled by this i did some testing. Edited Terrain setting files so that GPU is pretty much bored.

BTW the menu item "visibility range" would benefit from whole advanced menu for itself since it does encompasses such massive amounts of tweaks related to GPU performance that anyone can make game pretty and smooth GPUwise....but i digress.

Our problem is CPU bound.

Although in windows task manager it might seem like it is utilized only half the time. (that is why folks are reporting low fps with low cpu and gpu usage) The indicators are most likely showing average usage. I used AMD overdrive for measurement, mostly watching heat and CPU is very much in use and heating up. Mostly single core usage.

And i think the cause might be related to one/all/or combination of these :

AI calculations

Collision detection.

Pathfinding

I tried few scenarios (said units don't have to be visible therefore rendered):

1) Airplanes only fighting each other - dcs runs fine

2) Only 1 airplane (player) and more or less static ground units - shown impact on performance

3) Only 1 airplane (player) and ground units moving and fighting each other - boy oh boy.

4) All types of units fighting each other = slideshow.

This correlates with reported performance boost when you create you own server on other PC and play the game as a connected client.

Some fast test.

I bought cheap used Intel CPU

before : AMD Athlon2 x4 860K with R9 390

now : i5 3570 with same R9 390

I can report massive boost in performance (almost double the FPS) across the board in DCS.

Where it was unplayable bellow 20fps in generated missions on AMD it is now smooth 60 or more.

DCS is special beast other benchmarks aren't showing such a massive improvement.

So if you are on some old system and have a tight budget i would recommend grab a used i5 2500 or similar.

People are dumping them all over the place now.

Would love to see DCS in benchmark on R3 1200.

I have yet to see ANYTHING in 1.5.7 come CLOSE to approaching the speed that 1.5.6 ran (on multiplayer server metrics) (we lost roughly about 3x the engine power from 1.5.6, I can give you metrics if needed with thread speed). There is definitely a memory leak somewhere, I caught the server running 31.6 GIGS of memory the other day in a 4 hour session. I cant run my server on the newest patch either due to the weapons.dll crashing bug(its running the one just before). Right now its a buggy mess, Server has been scaled back in units, 3x less than in 1.5.6 - no boats, no large sam's, no AI, and its still really laggy when planes get near each other, they bump around, move left and right 5-10 feet at a time. Leaving the release version of the game at this state for weeks is bad, wish we can all go back to 1.5.6 and wait for 2.5 to tell you the serious truth. - Drex the guy who tests almost every element in the game with popular multiplayer server, works on them daily for OVER a year now. I just love this game and I am hurting seeing how it runs atm. Let me know how I can help. (also let me know when you will take me more serious on these forums with bug reports (I will follow your template perfectly for reporting them, I do this for a living for a fortune 500 company))

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

..guess I'll hold off updating to 1.5.7 for a while... ^^

..kinda fearing 4+ hours of Downloading/updating would end up in frustration and regret when we have feedback that latest patch is still quite slow... ^^;

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With this latest build 1.5.7, turning terrain shadows to "off" does NOT turn terrain shadows "off".....??

Deleting the "saved game" folder and letting it rebuild has no effect. Ground shadows are ever present. 1.5.7 is very, very stuttery and my cards are only running at about 35%.

2.1 NTTR is smooth and the cards are running at over 85%.

I'm guessing we should just be waiting on the new caucaus map, which is totally ok if it will be running like 2.1 NTTR.

Thx

Edited by erick

I7 4790k EVGA 1080ti FTW 16gb Corsair Dominator Acer Predator 2k 165hz Thrustmaster Pedals & Warthog TrackIr5

^ I'm with you on waiting for 2.5. 1.5.6 is working very well right now for me and I am reluctant to do any updates yet.

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2