New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will all the DLC campaigns and tutorials work on the new caucasus map? or will they be updated by ED/campaign creators?

We are working hard to update all official content to be compatible with the new Caucasus map on release. :thumbup:

Speaking for myself, The Georgian War has been fully tested in the new Caucasus map.

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 2

Probably the Caucasus map in the 2.0 engine.

That would be my guess.

These guys will make $ off me because I've been holding off until I have 2.5. I'll start getting some more modules.

I'm thinking I'm not the only one.

It should be a nice little cash injection into the DCS company.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

In my personal experience with modding other flight sims I think going for as realistic as possible lighting seems almost a bit too bland, I think a little artistic license to make things look more saturated or with higher contrast tends to make things look better on our computer screens.

That being said I am loving all of the beautiful deep colors in the 2.5 caucuses map!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

In my personal experience with modding other flight sims I think going for as realistic as possible lighting seems almost a bit too bland, I think a little artistic license to make things look more saturated or with higher contrast tends to make things look better on our computer screens.

Blasphemy!!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

@ this point I absolutely don't care I'd just like a New caucasus map, sometimes I think I'll die before the dangling carrot is eaten.

I was also dying a little bit inside when I saw people discussing different types of snow, this perfectionism kills everything at this point I would take Caucasus even if it had any type of snow, even snow in August.

• Like 1

That would be my guess.

These guys will make $ off me because I've been holding off until I have 2.5. I'll start getting some more modules.

I'm thinking I'm not the only one.

It should be a nice little cash injection into the DCS company.

Oh yes, I'm in the same situation. I just do not want to play until the versions will be unified and the community stops being divided by it.

Although it did not stop me from supporting the devs by buying some modules. :D

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I was also dying a little bit inside when I saw people discussing different types of snow, this perfectionism kills everything at this point I would take Caucasus even if it had any type of snow, even snow in August.

I understand your point. So hopefully not at the cost of further delays. But graphics too me are important, the more realistic, the better.

Not using DCS yet, though I was wondering, does the new Caucasus map take into account the different lighting levels during the seasons. Particularly in regard to the recent "winter season" screenshots, which look great with all the snow.

However, for the Caucasus region, the sun reaches only about 23 degrees maximum altitude above the horizon near winter solstice, Dec. 21st. Will this taken into account or simulated too?

Just asking, as the screenshots seem to have a much higher sun elevation, like during summer time, which makes the winter scene less convincing IMHO.

Any thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Not using DCS yet, though I was wondering, does the new Caucasus map take into account the different lighting levels during the seasons. Particularly in regard to the recent "winter season" screenshots, which look great with all the snow.

However, for the Caucasus region, the sun reaches only about 23 degrees maximum altitude above the horizon near winter solstice, Dec. 21st. Will this taken into account or simulated too?

Just asking, as the screenshots seem to have a much higher sun elevation, like during summer time, which makes the winter scene less convincing IMHO.

Any thoughts?

From what I have seen in my testing so far, the sun position is effected by the seasons so far... Least it appears so to me.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nope, you can't, again - nowadays sim changes the texture theme based on the date only.

Rgr that i pozdrawiam S! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Are those cloud shadows in the top pic? The colours are so much nicer. And the new clouds also look rather lush too.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |