Sometimes you just say: WOW!

Ironhand

I was flying BARCAP this afternoon and sent an attacking Su-25T down in.....tiny pieces parts. The pilot did not eject. Sometimes I just love the damage modeling--especially when it's the other guy's aircraft on display:

(Click for full image.)

V1.12a_030_thumb.jpg

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

hehe yep, it's impressive for sure and some of the other ones I've noticed (though not as extensive, though the A-10 model was nicely done when I collapsed the gear on a real hard landing earlier) and it's looking better as they go along..

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I agree the damage model is wicked ...but the sad part about the mud moving in lomac is that the ground vehicles have no freakin damage model at all. You know...its soo satisfactory to bust a tank and see its turret cartwheel across the plain. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I agree the damage model is wicked ...but the sad part about the mud moving in lomac is that the ground vehicles have no freakin damage model at all. You know...its soo satisfactory to bust a tank and see its turret cartwheel across the plain. :p

We will see...

http://lockon.co.uk/img/products/large/2fae0837dcba8b66ba01db5ce0580e4a.jpg

but the transition from a brand new tank to that ...which u just showed is like "DIRECT" ... .poof....yellow orange ribbons...with white polka dots ...then u get this model. I am talking about the transition to this model.

Well...hopefully ED understand this....its a second addon which focuses on mud moving and ED really need to give us a good damage model so that we can enjoy the damage we are causing. In either case, they delayed the game anyways....might as well add this in. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

The real question is what the hell were you doing flying a BARCAP mission anyway?

I got lost?... :)

OK Rich, sorry to have to ask this but What is BARCAP? I've looked through my abrv list but cant see it.

BARrier Combat Air Patrol. A CAP is usually flown over or close to the object/area to be protected. A BARCAP is flown farther out as a barrier across the anticipated direction of enemy attack to give added protection to the object/area. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the acronym used in quite awhile. Probably not since long-range missiles came into play, which makes sense. My age is showing, I guess (sigh).

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Sometimes I just love the damage modeling--especially when it's the other guy's aircraft on display

Funny you should mention that, real bad landing I guess you would say, though at the angle I would have clipped the main gear off but hey, this is bad enough don't you think?

crash.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Funny you should mention that, real bad landing I guess you would say, though at the angle I would have clipped the main gear off but hey, this is bad enough don't you think?

crash3.jpg

Eric, didn't your mother teach you to eject BEFORE you were upside down with the water coming up fast? :)

Rich

_____

:D trust me man, all of a sudden it was like "OH &*^%!" and I was rotating towards the water, and was like "I'm in a K-36 seat, I'll be allright!" so I had to eject before I "died". And in saying that, my Mom understands since I use such a seat :thumbsup:

Ironhand said - Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the acronym used in quite awhile. Probably not since long-range missiles came into play, which makes sense. My age is showing, I guess

I knew what you meant by BARCAP, so now I feel old too.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

BARrier Combat Air Patrol. A CAP is usually flown over or close to the object/area to be protected. A BARCAP is flown farther out as a barrier across the anticipated direction of enemy attack to give added protection to the object/area. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the acronym used in quite awhile. Probably not since long-range missiles came into play, which makes sense. My age is showing, I guess (sigh).

Rich

You're not old, you just know what the Tomcat used to do... ;)