F/A-18C Armament Thread

Angelthunder

I'm making this thread for the Hornet and the list of confirmed weapons will be getting with it.I assume the jet will get Aim-9 Sidewinders,Aim-120 Amraams,Mk-80 iron bombs,Cluster bombs,LGBs,AGM-88 Harm ARM.Will it also be getting the AGM-84 Harpoon ASM or JDAMS.What other weapons will we get.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently in the last few updates there were model changes made to some weapons and new weapons have ben added.

For example: AGM-62, AGM-84A & H I believe, AGM-130 and Tomahawk missiles have been added to the sim or their models have been updated.

I guess that some of these might be implemented with the F/A-18C.

Edited by Texac

Recently in the last few updates there were model changes made to some weapons and new weapons have ben added.

For example: AGM-62, AGM-84A & H I believe, AGM-130 and Tomahawk missiles have been added to the sim or their models have been updated.

I guess that some of these might be implemented with the F/A-18C.

The Tomahawk surely not :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Tomahawk surely not :D

Yea the Tomahawks aren't mounted on the Hornet. But I wonder if it's possible to guide one of those missiles into another ship like it was demonstrated with a Super Hornet.

I'm not sure if that's possible with the Tomahawk and Hornet we see in DCS. Or whether it works at all with the F/A-18C.

• Like 1

Yea the Tomahawks aren't mounted on the Hornet. But I wonder if it's possible to guide one of those missiles into another ship like it was demonstrated with a Super Hornet.

I'm not sure if that's possible with the Tomahawk and Hornet we see in DCS. Or whether it works at all with the F/A-18C.

I don't know if legacy Hornets can do that IRL, but I'm pretty sure that won't be possible in DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

When will the F18c be released? Also will it be able to have the Litening pod as well like in real life?

Only land based Hornets carried a Lightning Pod. All carrier based carried a different pod, these days they use the ATFLIR - if I remember the name correctly.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Correct, only Marines use the Litening Pod (when they are on land), while Navy uses ATFLIR (AKA ASQ-228-). In this case, the ATFLIR is actually better, since Litening would be using the centerline pylon instead of a fuel tank for example. :)

F/A-18C will have all kinds of weapons, from dumb bombs to very modern missiles like SLAM-ER. But I would not expect all these missiles and bombs available during the initial release.

Edited by Vitormouraa

Correct, only Marines use the Litening Pod (when they are on land), while Navy uses ATFLIR (AKA ASQ-228-). In this case, the ATFLIR is actually better, since Litening would be using the centerline pylon instead of a fuel tank for example. :)

But ATFLIR is using one of the precious AMRAAM slots :D

I hope we'll see Litening as well for more various loadout options, especially since most (if not all) export customers are using Litening.

• ED Team

I hope we'll see Litening as well for more various loadout options, especially since most (if not all) export customers are using Litening.

So far Litening is not planned. Really a lot of other things to do. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Is it possible to carry ATFLIR on centerline pylon, even in theory?

dont believe so, the fairing for the cheek mount is an integral part of the atflir unit.

Do we have a reason to believe the Hornet's first release will be lacking a (small?) number of key features?

yes

It was about JHMCS. Early access should be available before this system is complete, or even may be started. smile.gif

really all you need in an info thread is a link to olgerd's post history.

Edited by probad

I've been reading suggestions like this in multiple threads now.

Do we have a reason to believe the Hornet's first release will be lacking a (small?) number of key features? If memory serves me well, the last full-fidelity (or whatever it's called) module that ED themselves released, the A-10, came "feature complete" in the initial release. Obviously a number of key systems are still not implemented but ED has said it's feature complete so they'll probably never will.

Weren´t the last modules ED released the L39 and Spitfire?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

The ability to ID and track air targets without radar will be worth the -1 AMRAAM.

I mean if you are really worried about it... you could still carry 9 more plus 2 AIM 9s ;)

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I feel like the extra fuel is going to be more valuable than another AIM-120 ;)

Well it was partly a joke. :)

The ability to ID and track air targets without radar will be worth the -1 AMRAAM.

I mean if you are really worried about it... you could still carry 9 more plus 2 AIM 9s ;)

I had something more realistic on my mind ;)

z.jpg

• ED Team
Well it was partly a joke. :)

I had something more realistic on my mind ;)

z.jpg

Btw, Spanish EF-18MLU has a specific symbology related to Litening and reconnaisance pods (different from USMC version).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Still much better than F-15C's loadout... :) I guess SPAMRAAM loadout will be very popular! :D

but not as powerfull a radar or RWR.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD