Latest update (2.1.1.6837) even slower than the last.

mkiii

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend you guys still having issues do a search, and see what to do to put the problems behind you.

I get great frame rates - because I took time out to do a little reading. 2.1.1 works just fine.

@NeilWillis

God forbid you could be a nice guy and point people to the right place to help with their problem. Instead you write a typical snippy reply to up your post count.

I recommend all comrades flying with modules older than 2.0.4, returning to 2.0.4, is the most stable version and best quality graphics, until ED solves the problems of 2.1

I also could not fly in 2.1 and also blamed my system, despite meeting the requirements.

Abandono la comunidad/ Abandon the community

You dont know what you are talking about.

Do not you like the opinion of the rest of the community? All have problems with 2.1 independent of their systems, if everyone, or most have problems, is because there is a problem.

If you think 2.04 looks better than 2.1 there is nothing to discuss with you.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If you think 2.04 looks better than 2.1 there is nothing to discuss with you.

I thought that my position was clear, but I see no, he has needed more members to confirm that 2.1 gives problems and still writhes in his position. If you have nothing to discuss, close it out.

Not that it looks better, it offers better performance and is a temporary exit until problems are solved.

Your own words

In my opinion, it looks better version 2.0.4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Is there a metashaders folder for 1.5 too?

No, the graphics engine in 2.x does things differently.

Guys... Calm it down will you, this is a forum for bugs and problems. When people say they have a problem and you don't, then good for you, and perhaps try pointing them at some useful information, but please don't tell them they are stupid for saying so.

I for one have now got my framerate up to usuable levels by the aforementioned deletion of my saved games/metashaders folder, and god knows how, but by increasing my visible distance to Ultra. I have also tweaked my CPU OC by a tiny amount, and DROPPED the OC on my GFX card.

I still get bad stuttering for a good while on first running Nevada, but that more or less goes away after half an hour. Not good, but a separate issue to the one this thread is about, I also have a number of issues, but they are another story. It also isn't about how the latest update looks. IMO, speed issues aside, and obvious gfx glitches that are well reported in other threads, it is looking good.

Alpha excuse is BS. If you paid for it, you are allowed to be disappointed. You can't even fly it!

Wrong. You have paid for the finished version. You are being allowed access to the work in progress. Get that right and everyone will be a lot happier.

If anyone ever wonders why ED hasn't release the F-18C before its complete...THIS is why.

Think about that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That's part of the problem, releasing alpha's to the masses. Should be at least a beta version before releasing, maps and aircraft. Heck, a lot of the beta's I wouldn't even classify as beta's, they are more like development/alpha's. A beta should be a "finished" test version in order to report/find bugs. That means all aircraft systems should be present in the beta, not the "We'll add that at a later time" crap.

If anyone ever wonders why ED hasn't release the F-18C before its complete...THIS is why.

The F-18 will be released into Early Access just like everything else. It will not be complete at that time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Your own words

1º There is no stuttering in 2.0.4

2º There are no saw teeth in 2.0.4

3º There is no excessive brightness and glare in 2.0.4

4º There are no violet lights in 2.0.4

5º No MSAA issues in 2.0.4

6º Best frame rate in 2.0.4

These are the reasons that have led me back to 2.0.4

I think it is also a problem that the tests and the development of the simulator take place in very powerful equipment with internal modifications of system, OC, HT deactivated and other technical adjustments that do not work the same in all the equipment.

If ED limits its product to OC 4.5 Ghz processors and graphics, it is a mistake.

Ask what systems are ED using for testing.

I´m sure not a laptop.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it is also a problem that the tests and the development of the simulator take place in very powerful equipment with internal modifications of system, OC, HT deactivated and other technical adjustments that do not work the same in all the equipment.

Where did you get that information from? EDs beta testers are certainly not all running top end machines.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ask what systems are ED using for testing.

I´m sure not a laptop.

Some of the members who have reported problems have high-end tower equipment, you have fixation with me, I'm going to block it, you've already exhausted my patience.

It is a conclusion that I have reached, seeing that all those members who say they have no problems, have modified their system in one way or another.

To say that DCS goes perfectly executed from a modified and oveclocked PC is not a reference for the rest of the community.

The (silly) solemnity that I have just blocked, has already said five times that the fault of DCS is poor performance of my team, but my team exceeds the recommended specifications.

• Like 1

It is a conclusion that I have reached, seeing that all those members who say they have no problems, have modified their system in one way or another.

That may be. However, you stated that the problem was that...

I think it is also a problem that the tests and the development of the simulator take place in very powerful equipment

...which has nothing to do with what kind of machines the other forum members are using.

That may be. However, you stated that the problem was that...

...which has nothing to do with what kind of machines the other forum members are using.

That's why I said, (I think) instead of (I'm sure) because it's actually something I do not know.

Check this and other threads, to see that I am not the only member that has had problems with 2.1.

But ESAc took fixation with me, all faults were my fault.

When a member reports problems, they can not be taken as personal, they must be put in their place and not behave as if we were heirs of the platform.

It does not offend me that a member runs out of patience with ED and shows his anger, because I know that his anger is not aimed at me.

This lesson should remain clear to everyone, we are all community, not some more than others.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189819

• Like 1

That's part of the problem, releasing alpha's to the masses. Should be at least a beta version before releasing, maps and aircraft. Heck, a lot of the beta's I wouldn't even classify as beta's, they are more like development/alpha's. A beta should be a "finished" test version in order to report/find bugs. That means all aircraft systems should be present in the beta, not the "We'll add that at a later time" crap.

Your logic is "crap". Let me explain a bit: I prefer enjoying an early release alpha, even though I KNOW it is buggy, than drooling on my screen when watching devs JPGs and AVIs. Second, this being a niche game, it also needs the community to give and receive feed-back regarding bugs, issues and problems. Alphas and betas are a good opportunity for devs to find and tackle rapidly these bugs.

The majority of people complaining about alpha being "buggy", denotes only the lack of (IT) education and ignorance for this category of simmers. I know these words can be tough or hurtful in somebody's ears, but so can be the truth. If you don't like a TV channel, you can change it. Same principle applies here.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Your logic is "crap". Let me explain a bit: I prefer enjoying an early release alpha, even though I KNOW it is buggy, than drooling on my screen when watching devs JPGs and AVIs. Second, this being a niche game, it also needs the community to give and receive feed-back regarding bugs, issues and problems. Alphas and betas are a good opportunity for devs to find and tackle rapidly these bugs.

The majority of people complaining about alpha being "buggy", denotes only the lack of (IT) education and ignorance for this category of simmers. I know these words can be tough or hurtful in somebody's ears, but so can be the truth. If you don't like a TV channel, you can change it. Same principle applies here.

I don't personally have any issues with alpha/beta releases as I do understand the need to find/report bugs as part of the development. But...never mind.

The TV channel analagy doesn't really work.

Sure, there will be some people who don't fully understand what an alpha is, but on the other hand, they have paid for it, and do not have the option of "changing channels" unless DCS starts offering them refunds. However, I don't believe that the "majority of people" complaining as you say, are necessarily lacking in education, just annoyed in some cases that A: they are esentially being told to shut up, B: that they must be stupid and C: that for some at least, things got worse rather than better in the last few of updates.

I do hope that I am qualified to comment after only 17 years working on aircraft, 10 years in the games industry, and 4 years working on military flight sims... :music_whistling: