VR F10 Map-view and units desync

• 1 month later...

In my eyes they fixed nothing in VR. In have the poorest performance since month. Absolutly unplayable. I've tested today if the perfomance is also poor at my Monitor but there DCS runs like a dream!

Please give us back the playable version in VR.

Thanks, already fixed in internal version, fix will be in next update

Question to ED team. Will this also fix the bug related to crash after exiting the mission? Because that seems to be related to using the map F10 in mission.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Question to ED team. Will this also fix the bug related to crash after exiting the mission? Because that seems to be related to using the map F10 in mission.

Not so sure about that - I had DCS crash on mission exit after flying 109/190/Spit and I know I did not use F10 for those. To me it seems whether DCS crashes or not depends on mission length and is related to something that happens after I press Quit button and before mission summary screen appears.

P.S. After further testing - this is indeed F10 related.

Edited by mx22
In my eyes they fixed nothing in VR. In have the poorest performance since month. Absolutly unplayable. I've tested today if the perfomance is also poor at my Monitor but there DCS runs like a dream!

Please give us back the playable version in VR.

+1

If I do not use F10 view I have Zero crashes. Also de-selected tool tips

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

since todays update I can again use tool lips but F10 still causes crash on mission exit. Also getting crashes occasionally on switching from Nevada to Normandy and vis versa with mission editor missions On a positive note I moved up to 1.6 from 1.4 and get steady 45 FPS no stuttering over Las Vegas and all over Normandy. Outside of Vegas getting over 45 right up to 90 :thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

Let's get back to the original post problem which is the De-synching of vehicle icons and map Background when zooming and moving F-10 map view in VR. The crashing on exit is a different issue and has it's own thread. I am also having the above problem with De-synching and would like an answer from ED on the issue. It makes the F-10 map unusable in VR. This is in 1.5 and didn't always do this. I have NO mods and am running a PURE install and this happens in ALL modules.

• 1 month later...

Problem Solved!!! go to game settings in DCS and uncheck the ScaleGUI checkbox. That scales the map to fit your screen but it scales the layers of background map and icons and labels at different scale rates. Thus the error. Turn it off and the Map is perfect again.