DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update is live, but unfortunately I cant see anything for Hornet. I cant explain why...:(

Nothing for the F-16 either .. I assume the team was busy fixing 2.5.6 bugs :) It is the right choice from my point of view.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don't mind no Hornet or Viper updates, but no word on performance optimization? I thought that was one of the major issues.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

38" AW3821DW, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum
Super Taurus throttle + base, Combat and T/O panels, TM50 base, Hornet grip w/extension, 3 MFDs

F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully some optimization went on under the hood!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Anyone else getting a crash shortly after the login window with the new update?

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

Like b1n4ry said, this is just lazy and tiring for everybody else, reading the same question again and again every day/week.....

It's as tiring to read all the GIYF comments, so why don't you guys just ignore those questions at all if you don't like them? The internet has more than enough "use the search" comments already which sadly often appear while doing so instead of the actual answers icon_exclaim.gif

Instead, check out on the patch notes that are just at the top of this page dealwithit.png

I don't see anything about a fix on those loading time/preload issues, hooves crossed, time will tell. My uneducated guess however is that it will run again for me... or just a bit of hope icon_idea.gif

Looking forward to that new Shark pit... and finally, the Viggen's got an radar EL axis. BRT next, please! rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Many thanks for the updated manual :thumbup: !

Also, the longer loading time before reaching the main screen/menu seems to be fixed :) (I had this minor issue since the .6 release).

Cheers!

PS First post, thank you for the great game, excellent community, really enjoying the experience - brings back fond memories of Jane's and Microprose F-whatever-it was back then...) <-- hopefully this doesn't break rule 1.15

System: Win10 Pro | 9900K @Stock - Z390 | 32GB @3200 | GTX 1080 - 27'' LCD | M2 SSDs | ...and for now, an X-55 borrowed from a friend (thx mate!) to replace a ...gamepad... O Joy!)

Modules: A-10C | Combined Arms | F/A-18C | Persian Gulf | Superarrier

Happy to see crash to screen for many reason fixed. In my case it was error message "Someone logged in to your machine" and game will crash to desktop every 3 minutes after logging in.

Had to stop playing dcs since it started.

Cannot wait to see the new KA-50 cockpit.

Invisible K-130 tanker fixed is welcomed and yes hope there are some performance optimization under the hood.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Also, the longer loading time before reaching the main screen/menu seems to be fixed :) (I had this minor issue since the .6 release).

Cheers!

PS First post, thank you for the great game, excellent community, really enjoying the experience - brings back fond memories of Jane's and Microprose F-whatever-it was back then...) <-- hopefully this doesn't break rule 1.15

Welcome to the forums !

9700k , Aorus Pro wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Hotas on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2

"Hold my beer"

Nice, downloading with 9-10MB/s :thumbup:

EDIT: Nice and shiny new KA-50 cockpit, thanks ED going to test it now :thumbup: :D

25KB/s, as always... sucks to be in 3rd world country like Germany that has some 100MBit/s or higher connections at the end, but literally no backbone especially in urban areas (just like the Autobahn, always jammed and covered with building sites where nothing happens for decades). Might be able to try the patch tomorrow... so it's a Friday patch anyway rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yes, I could start with an aircraft carrier without DCS and a dedicated server crash. The A-10C landing no longer shines from inside the cockpit. In the evening I will check other problems.

Keep up the good work, maybe tomorrow some patch for F-18 will come out.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Sounds great and welcome aboard! ajmug.png

careful, don't get stuck in a do-loop!

icon_redface.gif rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg