OB 2.5.5.41962 (old one)

f16 takeoff Nevada 81 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 64 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 80 /rio 74 fps

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a typo in the forum post version, a bug if you want say so :D ;)

Maybe but it's a bit weird though. Skatezilla's app says latest is 453 as well!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

:thumbup:

So far so good with 2.5.6 on my end. Flying the Hornet off the Stennis in the Persian Gulf.

No drop in performance with my Rift S that I can see, pretty decent.

I have been flying the Cold Start, taxi and takeoff then flying low over land and sea followed up with ILCS landings. Someone had mentioned a problem with the Launcher hookup on the carrier in the Cold Start mission in another thread somewhere but I had no issue with it.

Sea is looking good, I used to get color banding near the shores, do not have than any more that I can tell so glad to see that gone. Lighting is nice, I lowered my gamma to 1.0 and it looks great.

The shadows near the shoreline look a little rough to me, but may be just a VR thing.

Oh and load time for DCS seems to have increased some.

+1 same here, looking good with Rift S, no performance drop.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

All SP instant action.

OB 2.5.6.43505

f16 takeoff Nevada 62 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 52 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 62 /rio 23 fps

OB 2.5.5.41962 (old one)

f16 takeoff Nevada 81 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 64 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 80 /rio 74 fps

This is on a flatscreen or VR?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

First impressions - the new lightning looks really promising, really amazing in some instances, but inconsistent and downright wrong in other regards. For example you can be flying in a very clear full moon night, then a few minutes before sunrise the night will be become pitch dark, and the transition looks wierd as hell. Then the sun comes up looks spectacular but the darkness is not a bit consistent with what you were seeing 10 minutes before.

I remember seeing reports on that "absolutely pitch dark just before sunrise" thing like a decade ago, literally. It's always been one of the DCS things. But I guess that's on their todo list as they started to rework the lighting just now.

Hi all

please post issues in the bugs section, they will get lost in this thread.

thank you

Just as a side note as there are lots of people having VR performance issues apparently. I've PMed you mods a while ago about the bug section as there are literally three VR issues sections spread across the board, causing confusion (Which one is the correct one? Where do my reports get seen? Which one is for what?), but haven't got any reaction to it. You guys really should merge those together, the sooner the better.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It’s a beta ... if you don’t like the result... just roll it back

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It’s a beta ... if you don’t like the result... just roll it back

Or play on stable. Takes more patience waiting for new toys, but at least they're not broken on arrival

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

were less light sources in that corner of time

That's it. You just can't compare modern conurbation with anything from the 40's, France or elsewhere. The overall amount of lighting was much, much less back then.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I just realized I didn't re-make any of the changes I normally set to fix the MFDs on the F-18. Either ED got that resolved, the update didn't change them, or it all just magically works now.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the update. Got really slow frame rates here and there, but it was busy and my poor 1080 has trouble with the setting I use anyway.

This might be due to running a near stock version of DCS, with no mods other than the occasional skin. Sorry to hear about the problems people are having, though.

So, for me at the very least, good job, ED. Well done. No sarcasm at all there; the update has been pretty darn nice, and I expect it's only going to get better.

Still need to fix that bug where my aircraft falls to the ground in flaming pieces every time I get shot, though.

Or wait next nvidia gpu

Stable is slightly cheaper and available now....but yea, waiting on hardware is always an option

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Downloaded 45Gb last night.

Now I am rolling it back and downloading 22Gb more so I can play on ANY MP server.

Well done ED. Well done. Great job.

Lot of people are happy, some VR users aren't.

It's what you signed up for when you downloaded the BETA

Cheers.

Lot of people are happy, some VR users aren't.

It's what you signed up for when you downloaded the BETA

There are so many different computer setups around the globe that it boggles the mind. that is the point of an Open Beta program to iron out bugs, some people will have problems large and small and some users will have no problems. With that said, all feedback no matter the form is useful in one form or another to developers.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

flat screen.

I suspect that it’s the VR People who are having the problems

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

There are so many different computer setups around the globe that it boggles the mind. that is the point of an Open Beta program to iron out bugs, some people will have problems large and small and some users will have no problems. With that said, all feedback no matter the form is useful in one form or another to developers.

Exactly - the purpose of the open beta is to expose the beta to all those combinations of gear that aren't caught by the closed beta team.

If it runs oddly on your (whoever's) machine - that's why you get access to it early - if someone's having issues, they're fulfilling their role as an open beta tester.

The problem is that some people don't want to be open beta testers, they just want access to beta features early, and sign up (download) without thinking about what they're offering as part of that exchange.

Cheers.

That's it. You just can't compare modern conurbation with anything from the 40's, France or elsewhere. The overall amount of lighting was much, much less back then.

It's more than just that... it's realistic because they kept the lights out on purpose.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

The other thing is that it might be possible that Ugra just didn't upgrade their map while ED did with theirs.

And while we're at it, I just got to the point where I could start testing the new OB et voila, gut issues. First try in VR, I heard Win 10 disconnecting some USB and reconnecting again. Instantly made DCS crash up, no logs. Second try without VR it took ages to load up the mission (literally, was more than 20 minutes away from the rig and it was still going), just for me to be in a pitch black world. My screen was #000000 completely except for the frame counter and the menu that opened up via Esc. But before going to the bug section with empty hooves (which would be as useful for the teams as posting here), I'll further try to nail the issue down on my behalf first... maybe I just need to reboot again, I mean, it's Windows after all rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg