DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind no Hornet or Viper updates, but no word on performance optimization? I thought that was one of the major issues.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully some optimization went on under the hood!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Anyone else getting a crash shortly after the login window with the new update?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Like b1n4ry said, this is just lazy and tiring for everybody else, reading the same question again and again every day/week.....

It's as tiring to read all the GIYF comments, so why don't you guys just ignore those questions at all if you don't like them? The internet has more than enough "use the search" comments already which sadly often appear while doing so instead of the actual answers icon_exclaim.gif

Instead, check out on the patch notes that are just at the top of this page dealwithit.png

I don't see anything about a fix on those loading time/preload issues, hooves crossed, time will tell. My uneducated guess however is that it will run again for me... or just a bit of hope icon_idea.gif

Looking forward to that new Shark pit... and finally, the Viggen's got an radar EL axis. BRT next, please! rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Many thanks for the updated manual :thumbup: !

Also, the longer loading time before reaching the main screen/menu seems to be fixed :) (I had this minor issue since the .6 release).

Cheers!

PS First post, thank you for the great game, excellent community, really enjoying the experience - brings back fond memories of Jane's and Microprose F-whatever-it was back then...) <-- hopefully this doesn't break rule 1.15

System: Win10 Pro | 9900K @Stock - Z390 | 32GB @3200 | GTX 1080 - 27'' LCD | M2 SSDs | ...and for now, an X-55 borrowed from a friend (thx mate!) to replace a ...gamepad... O Joy!)

Modules: A-10C | Combined Arms | F/A-18C | Persian Gulf | Superarrier

Happy to see crash to screen for many reason fixed. In my case it was error message "Someone logged in to your machine" and game will crash to desktop every 3 minutes after logging in.

Had to stop playing dcs since it started.

Cannot wait to see the new KA-50 cockpit.

Invisible K-130 tanker fixed is welcomed and yes hope there are some performance optimization under the hood.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Also, the longer loading time before reaching the main screen/menu seems to be fixed :) (I had this minor issue since the .6 release).

Cheers!

PS First post, thank you for the great game, excellent community, really enjoying the experience - brings back fond memories of Jane's and Microprose F-whatever-it was back then...) <-- hopefully this doesn't break rule 1.15

Welcome to the forums !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Nice, downloading with 9-10MB/s :thumbup:

EDIT: Nice and shiny new KA-50 cockpit, thanks ED going to test it now :thumbup: :D

25KB/s, as always... sucks to be in 3rd world country like Germany that has some 100MBit/s or higher connections at the end, but literally no backbone especially in urban areas (just like the Autobahn, always jammed and covered with building sites where nothing happens for decades). Might be able to try the patch tomorrow... so it's a Friday patch anyway rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Well done!

Great patch ED!

Thank you so much for your hard work to deliver fixes (especially LOD issue) so fast!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes, I could start with an aircraft carrier without DCS and a dedicated server crash. The A-10C landing no longer shines from inside the cockpit. In the evening I will check other problems.

Keep up the good work, maybe tomorrow some patch for F-18 will come out.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Sounds great and welcome aboard! ajmug.png

careful, don't get stuck in a do-loop!

icon_redface.gif rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It's as tiring to read all the GIYF comments, so why don't you guys just ignore those questions at all if you don't like them? The internet has more than enough "use the search" comments already which sadly often appear while doing so instead of the actual answers icon_exclaim.gif

Because it's the "Patch Notes Discussion Thread" and not the "Ask when the next patch will arrive thread" :P ;)

25KB/s, as always... sucks to be in 3rd world country like Germany that has some 100MBit/s or higher connections at the end, but literally no backbone especially in urban areas (just like the Autobahn, always jammed and covered with building sites where nothing happens for decades). Might be able to try the patch tomorrow... so it's a Friday patch anyway rdlaugh.png

You should move to the country side of that 3rd world country germany where we both live in, faster Internet it seems. But seriously, do you use the torrent or the http download? The first is ultra slow for me too most of the times so i cancel it and use the http download, works most of the times with 3-4MB/s for me.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

You are not alone... :-)

Post your crash log here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264282

It may help ED fix this quicker if we post as many logs as possible :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.