DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

I'm so looking forward to the Viper, so that's fine on one hand - yet some 3rd modules (looking at you razbam) need some urgent hotfixes... no chance some sort of hotfix gets out, either?

Anyway, keep up the good work, everything will turn out fine! :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes to the m2000c pilots. Having to go with broken bird for a month is really hard

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

... a proper build with the Viper is being created.

Good to know that is what you are striving for. It can help tremendously in exercising some patience. At least that's the way I see it. Press on Team ED!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

but a proper build with the Viper is being created. While I cant say when for sure it will come, that is the current goal of the next Open Beta.

Thanks for the update NineLine, very exciting news! I have been waiting to hear those words! Keep up the great work ED! I am sure the wait for an update will be worth it to all virtual pilots.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Hopefully TWS arrives for the hornet soon! I made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would not buy another open beta module until TWS arrives for the Hornet which released to open beta 16 months ago. Unfortunately with hornet team members pulled for another open beta module release it may take longer than I feared. Once again I will adjust my expectations slightly.

Dear all, once again this week there will be no Open Beta update, I am sure most of you figured this out, but a proper build with the Viper is being created. While I cant say when for sure it will come, that is the current goal of the next Open Beta.

Thanks as always for your support and patience.

Thanks for the update regarding this.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

While I'm happy that this all is communicated very open, I must say that I'm also not happy with this decision.

Since September 4th, runway / carrier lights do not work and make it impossible to land in the dawn / night.

This problem also got carried over to the stable as the versions got merged.

While I'm looking forward to fly the Viper, I don't like it when rudimentary things like that are left behind.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Hopefully TWS arrives for the hornet soon! I made a promise to myself a long time ago that I would not buy another open beta module until TWS arrives for the Hornet which released to open beta 16 months ago. Unfortunately with hornet team members pulled for another open beta module release it may take longer than I feared. Once again I will adjust my expectations slightly.

Sorry for the harsh words and sarcasm.

This is their habit now. I will not buy next module at least from ED and BST. Their Huey, Mi8 multi crew is still pending and they don't bother to give any feedback related to those modules.

Important updates are still pending for f-18. like air to air radar modes, Lighting pod air to ground radar.

ED keep up the good work release new modules and leave old one in dust.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

While I'm happy that this all is communicated very open, I must say that I'm also not happy with this decision.

Since September 4th, runway / carrier lights do not work and make it impossible to land in the dawn / night.

This problem also got carried over to the stable as the versions got merged.

While I'm looking forward to fly the Viper, I don't like it when rudimentary things like that are left behind.

+1 :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

My heart goes to the m2000c pilots. Having to go with broken bird for a month is really hard

Yes -_-. And Razbam realised the update was broken before the patch went out, only they weren't able to pull it. No Viper for me until older items are completed, and I'm starting to hate it already.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

• ED Team
Dear all, once again this week there will be no Open Beta update, I am sure most of you figured this out, but a proper build with the Viper is being created. While I cant say when for sure it will come, that is the current goal of the next Open Beta.

Thanks as always for your support and patience.

Hi all

We want to keep this thread for patch notes discussion only.

I will close the thread for now so we can keep this patch news at the front for people to see, I will reopen when we get close to the next patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

Today's 3rd of October patch should be around 09:00 Pacific Time (PT) / 16:00 (GMT)

That will save your F5 keys from wearing out.

:)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That will save your F5 keys from wearing out.:)

Thanks! :thumbup:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Foriginal%2F000%2F035%2F562%2Ff5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

in a few hours and after many years i can choose any Module to play the following video in dcs world!

Aaaah good old times!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hi all

Today's 3rd of October patch should be around 09:00 Pacific Time (PT) / 16:00 (GMT)

I'll still hammer my MiG28 key around that... when cometh the patch notes? fsgrin.png

Is anything known about the menu music for the module?

Hope it will be 20% cooler than the Hornet one... otherwise I'll stick to my custom Tomcat theme with that Soundtrack of Awesome dealwithit.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hope it will be 20% cooler than the Hornet one... otherwise I'll stick to my custom Tomcat theme with that Soundtrack of Awesome

I guess it's a matter of your preference in music, but I really like the F-18 soundtrack.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi all

Thanks for looking out for us BIGNEWY...And our F5 Keys...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hi all

+1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi all

Will the pre-purchase end at the same moment? Asking, because I want to spend my bonus points but also fly it from the first minute on :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg